• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought that Lugia would learn Hurricane naturally, huh. Learn new things every day.

I find it's name the most interesting tbh "The Wind Lugia". With the Eevee toy thing to be shown next month, if it is a new Eeveelution, I think it's safe to say that Flying is now the clear choice. The fact one of the mascots is called The Wind Lugia, the town name is based on wind, the picture of Eevee looking out of a airplane whilst in flight.

Exciting times.

This is how I view it: If there is no mystery dungeon announcement when Spike-Chunsoft announce those four games later this month and with this toy being revealed April, I think the 2018 dream is still alive.

This has a few interesting points. The gym based on Chinese Zodiac. There are 12 animal in the chinese zodiac and there are 8 gyms plus 4 elite four so 12 in all. And as the North and South legendary pokemon. In Chinese/Japanese myth/belief/religion/whatever there are four beast representing the four direction (A concept which was already used by Digimon). The beast of the south is a Phoenix and the north is a turtle so they would totally fit with the Fire/Flying and Water/Ice typing.

Edit: After some digging, they are known as the four symbol of the chinese constellation the vermillion bird of the south, The black turtle of the north, the azure dragon of the east and the white tiger of the west.

Those sound like the Omnis Region legendary Pokémon:
latest
latest
latest
latest

Another link for the Wiki, these Pokémon are #147 to #150

No Zeraora this month either. GameFreak's really taking their time with its reveal.

Those sound like the Omnis Region legendary Pokémon:
latest
latest
latest
latest

Another link for the Wiki, these Pokémon are #147 to #150

The four symbols are a popular motif, I can see why multiple people would have the same idea.

No Zeraora this month either. GameFreak's really taking their time with its reveal.

The four symbols are a popular motif, I can see why multiple people would have the same idea.

Well, we know that Zeraora has to be revealed before the end of April. I’m curious to see what Corocoro says about next month’s issue, that’ll be a decent indicator of what we’re in for over the next month

i don't think corocoro talked about marshadow when it's revealed, only month and a half after.
Just did some back tracking and Yeh, shown in April but first actual info wasn't till May's Corocoro which just said it had a secret and then in June (When USUM was announced), Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike was shown.

Imagine this: If we get a random drop with Zeraora like the Marshadow one, whats not to say the following Corocoro (Which yes is unlikely after the last like 5 or 6 copies) shows the Speculated Eeveelution seeming whatever it is, is being shown at the end of April.

Fun times to Speculate ahead :D

Just did some back tracking and Yeh, shown in April but first actual info wasn't till May's Corocoro which just said it had a secret and then in June (When USUM was announced), Soul Stealing 7 Star Strike was shown.

Imagine this: If we get a random drop with Zeraora like the Marshadow one, whats not to say the following Corocoro (Which yes is unlikely after the last like 5 or 6 copies) shows the Speculated Eeveelution seeming whatever it is, is being shown at the end of April.

Fun times to Speculate ahead :D
2 birds in one hit, i like that.
CoroCoro was the first to show sylveon so it's not that unrealistic.

In the interest of having them separate, could we get Zeraora between this Corocoro and next month’s issue, and the Eeveelution after that?

It matches what happened last year, Marshadow was revealed on April 8, we could get Zeraora around then, and the Eeveelution either in another random drop or in a Pokémon direct

Edit: So basically what ThePokeSpectre said

Yeah but i was just wondering what were the chances that Pokémon would end up doing the exact same thing as a fakemon region.

Funnily enough the omnis region had a fakemon named Pyroar months before 6th gen announced the Pyroar we know.

Again, I am not saying that is going to happen but it could be a case, in which what Dvor said, it would be taking out 2 birds in one hit. I had a look at the Pokeshopper website and this is a good point.
upload_2018-3-13_23-40-56.png

So one could be Zeraora (Between the Pikachu and Lugia) with the other being the speculated Eeveelution. If they are unrelated.

Again, I am not saying that is going to happen but it could be a case, in which what Dvor said, it would be taking out 2 birds in one hit. I had a look at the Pokeshopper website and this is a good point.
View attachment 108791
So one could be Zeraora (Between the Pikachu and Lugia) with the other being the speculated Eeveelution. If they are unrelated.
I just hope one is Zeraora and the other a new eveelution

Strange that they would give a fancy name to something that just has an event move. I suspect there's more to this. Maybe transferring the Lugia to the new games will unlock a new form or something.

They gave a fancy name to genesect’s compact form (or to be more precise, High-speed form iirc), and that didn’t have a special move beyond techno blast, so the nickname doesn’t mean anything

Strange that they would give a fancy name to something that just has an event move. I suspect there's more to this. Maybe transferring the Lugia to the new games will unlock a new form or something.
I think, considering our merchandise teasers, a new form for Lugia is unlikely.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokeshopper/status/973233225479999488

If there was going to be a new form for Lugia, wouldn't you make a large plush of that instead of the regular one? Or at the very least- make both and mystery one, like the eevee square above? We have two lugias in this set and not really any sign of promotion for a secondary form, which if there was one, you'd expect there to be in this set of plushies since this is the movie set.

Also we had Pikachu-colored Pichu who was just a shiny, so names don't really mean much. I think Wind Lugia is just more along the lines of Flying Pikachu and Surfing Pikachu- regular pokemon, special moveset.

We have had events in the past with fancy names like Genesect named after having the extreme speed move. The wind lugia is just another one of these because of the movie motif of everything being wind related and it’s entire move set consisting of four flying type moves. We really shouldn’t be looking at this too deeply lol

I hope they buffed Zeraora by giving it a secondary type and it's signature move a little.

Wind? what if it will be immune to flying type moves rather then have all flying type moves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom