• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, what the hell? No disrespect to the mods, but one of you guys posted a link to 4chan listing trademarks for a "Pokemon 1" and "Pokemon 0". Now that post has disappeared?
Pokemon 1 and 0 confirmed

Oh. Also, Pokemon games sell like hotcakes. GF doesn't need to change things because they know that the games sell well under the current formula.
I think you quoted the wrong person, I don't want the formula to change

/vp/ - Pokemon Vibration will be released Q4 2018. They t - Pokémon - 4chan New Leak, fake as ever. I mean, those starter names sound freaking stupid, and even though you could argue it makes more sense on switch, it not gonna be single game. Elemental Diamonds sound weird.

bigger audience? Nintendo handhelds has outsold there consoles every time

I don't understand what you're saying here. Is reinventing not improving something? Reinventing the wheel should result in a better wheel, not a different wheel that's not any better.
To give an example... If The Legend of Zelda had remained 2D, it would have been a series of improvements. But it made the jump to 3D, it reinvented itself, and it massively paid off. Compare A Link to the Past (2D) to Ocarina of Time (3D, reinvented the wheel) and A Link Between Worlds (2D, made improvements, didn't reinvent the wheel). ALttP > ALBW is essentially what Pokemon has been thus far. Just a series of improvements.
The highest-selling game on the Switch is BotW, with 4.7 million games sold. List of best-selling Nintendo Switch video games - Wikipedia

SuMo has 15.9 million copies sold. List of best-selling video games - Wikipedia (And it was released only four months before BotW)

Pokemon is already a pretty big hitter.
With a difference of about 9 million people, Pokemon games already have a massively higher amount of sales than any Switch game on the market. The core fanbase is the wider audience.
Quite the false equivalency. Breath of the Wild sold 4.7 million on a completely new (and expensive, naturally) console, on a market where it's competing with other 2 home consoles who are doing quite well. Sun and Moon sold much more... On a console that's been alive since 2011 and has sold over 80 million hardware units, it already has a gigantic install base. That's not a proper comparison.

And to go further... At just a glance, you can see that BotW has an infinitely greater scale than Sun and Moon, by virtue of being a home console 3D title with the appropriate development budget, and got critical acclaim for everything it did to change things up - and doing it right. Pokemon simply won't reach such heights with linear improvements.

Oh. Also, Pokemon games sell like hotcakes. GF doesn't need to change things because they know that the games sell well under the current formula.
Sooo... They should keep making what they're doing because it keeps selling? I mean, they might as well go mobile-only. They could make all the cheap games they wanted and all of them would most likely sell more than even the ones on 3DS.

But that's not something I'd personally enjoy. I want them to give me something fresh to play with, I want them to be bold and do something unexpected. By all means, console gaming wouldn't exists if sales determined everything, the mobile market can make intense profits without nearly as much effort, after all.

(This is actually the last reply I'm doing about the subject here, I've derailed this thread long enough as it is ^^; sorry!)

/vp/ - Pokemon Vibration will be released Q4 2018. They t - Pokémon - 4chan New Leak, fake as ever. I mean, those starter names sound freaking stupid, and even though you could argue it makes more sense on switch, it not gonna be single game. Elemental Diamonds sound weird.

The name sounds like something Western parents would raise hell about, just sayin'.

As far as a single game goes... I don't know. The thought had crossed my mind, not just because of it being on the Switch but also what was said when it was first announced during E3. Via English translation, Ishihara said "a game" for the Switch and not "games". It probably doesn't mean much and we'll still get dual games because trading and battling is the whole point, but I still thought it was interesting either way.

There seems to be a common thread of the battle system undergoing a major change in these rumors. I have a hard time believing it, mainly because GameFreak doesn't really seem like they would be ambitious enough to do something like that, and personally I don't really think that they would be able to pull it off, given how lackluster SM and USUM have been.

Something else to note is that we should be getting a direct for this month, we may actually get a little teaser for what the pokemon game on the switch will be, especially since Nintendo wants sell 20 million switches this year and pokemon seems like the only game that would give the switch the boost to reach that level this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom