• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though it would make the fandom rage to no end, I would rather they take their time instead of rushing to go on the Switch. True, Nintendo expects big things from the Switch this year, and little else could accomplish that. That and with so many rumors going around, it seems inevitable. I think we all need to calm down and whatever happens happens. This same thing happened in the year before Sun and Moon were announced. Have patience, it will happen eventually.

Even though it would make the fandom rage to no end, I would rather they take their time instead of rushing to go on the Switch. True, Nintendo expects big things from the Switch this year, and little else could accomplish that. That and with so many rumors going around, it seems inevitable. I think we all need to calm down and whatever happens happens. This same thing happened in the year before Sun and Moon were announced. Have patience, it will happen eventually.
I said this earlier here, but but a game that comes out quickly doesn't always mean it's rushed.

Never been a huge fan of the idea that if the game comes out this year it's automatically because they rushed it. I highly doubt GF would rush their first big console game just because Nintendo wants to sell more Switch units. They've already made it clear that they do their own thing. Nintendo may be pushing them to get it out this year, but if they dont think it's ready they won't put it out. It's as clear as that. They're still a 3rd party company that is completely autonomous from Nintendo. If it comes out this year it won't be because they rushed. It'll be because that's what they intended.

I think this year will set the stage if anything. The movie will mainly be about Lugia with Zeraora thrown in there somewhere. However, we could see something during the credits ( unless they show nothing like last time). Our best bet is at E3.

Well, it is true Gamefreak has had the Switch devkit for a long time now, even before the Switch was released. I forget when that was said, though.

Never been a huge fan of the idea that if the game comes out this year it's automatically because they rushed it. I highly doubt GF would rush their first big console game just because Nintendo wants to sell more Switch units. They've already made it clear that they do their own thing. Nintendo may be pushing them to get it out this year, but if they dont think it's ready they won't put it out. It's as clear as that. They're still a 3rd party company that is completely autonomous from Nintendo. If it comes out this year it won't be because they rushed. It'll be because that's what they intended.
considering that no one really knows how the relationship between Game Freak, Nintendo, and TPC works out, this is a really speculative post.

considering that no one really knows how the relationship between Game Freak, Nintendo, and TPC works out, this is a really speculative post.

No they straight up said during the Game informer interviews over the summer that they take suggestions, but don't necessarily go exactly with what Nintendo wants all the time. Also GF is 100% a 3rd party company. The Pokemon franchise is in part owned by Nintendo, but if GF suddenly said they wanted to do something else that's more than within their power (not that they would really want to tho). Nintendo has no real power over them. It's a partnership more than a boss overseeing an employee. So it's it's not speculating it's just how it is.

I can't remember where I heard this from, but I heard GF had plans for a console game down packed, but at the time the wii u wasn't doing too hot and they thought the Switch was going to fail too, but since that doesn't seem to be the case, perhaps they're using said plans in this game, hence the rumors that things seem to be progressing so quickly.

No they straight up said during the Game informer interviews over the summer that they take suggestions, but don't necessarily go exactly with what Nintendo wants all the time. Also GF is 100% a 3rd party company. The Pokemon franchise is in part owned by Nintendo, but if GF suddenly said they wanted to do something else that's more than within their power (not that they would really want to tho). Nintendo has no real power over them. It's a partnership more than a boss overseeing an employee. So it's it's not speculating it's just how it is.
Game Freak's relationship with Nintendo and TPC, let alone Game Freak's inner-workings, is not transparent. you're welcome to naively buy into Game Freak saying "well Game Freak doesn't let Nintendo tell us what to do," but ultimately there's a tiny sample size, neither of which are in Game Freak's favor (BW2, Switch). although Game Freak and Nintendo may be some flavor of a partnership, that partnership is certainly dominated by Nintendo.

Regardless of the “rushed” argument, personally I don’t believe any of the games have been “rushed”. Even though people didn’t really like X/Y, they put a lot of stuff into that game. I mean, there was a lot.

Generation 8 will however, (according to patterns that have been very consistent), likely have a small amount of new Pokemon (less than 80). So having it as a continuation of Kalos in Spain would make sense. Or they can do Italy and Kalos and call the games Hot and Cold or something like that (Cause Italy has volcanoes and icy mountains). I could see those being two possible options. Or there is the third option but it’s a bit more out there.

Black and White came out the year after HGSS and I've never heard anyone say they were rushed.

Sun/Moon came out after a 1 year break and yet plenty of fans complain they were rushed. Game Freak even admitted this themselves saying the trials weren't up to what they wanted to do.

So a game coming out in 2018 doesn't mean it's been rushed. Far from it.

Black and White came out the year after HGSS and I've never heard anyone say they were rushed.

Sun/Moon came out after a 1 year break and yet plenty of fans complain they were rushed. Game Freak even admitted this themselves saying the trials weren't up to what they wanted to do.

This is a different case. Gen IV was four years long. If Gen VIII does come out this year, then Gen VII will only be two years. That's honestly too short for a generation.

Probably fake, but might as well mention it:

/vp/ - HAPPENING LADS THIS IS REAL THIS IS FUCKING REAL W - Pokémon - 4chan

According to an anonymous poster, pending trademarks for Pokemon Cold and Pokemon Hot appeared and were quickly taken down. Like I said though, it's most likely fake.

Kalos will never be "continued" and there's no reason to believe so. a region based off of Spain or Italy would simply be another region with a European flair.
I mean, Kalos could be to Spain like Kanto is to Johto. And now they are making games on the Switch so they have more power to work with.

Probably fake, but might as well mention it:

/vp/ - HAPPENING LADS THIS IS REAL THIS IS FUCKING REAL W - Pokémon - 4chan

According to an anonymous poster, pending trademarks for Pokemon Cold and Pokemon Hot appeared and were quickly taken down. Like I said though, it's most likely fake.

Can now confirm this was completely fake. False alarm. The trademark ID already exists as another thing.

hotcoldfake.png

I mean, Kalos could be to Spain like Kanto is to Johto. And now they are making games on the Switch so they have more power to work with.
Spain and France have hardly the relationship that Kansai (Johto) and Kanto have. furthermore, the problem with multiple regions has never been power (hello, GameBoy and the DS could do it), but rather accommodating the structure of a Pokemon game to a much larger game.

Regardless of the “rushed” argument, personally I don’t believe any of the games have been “rushed”. Even though people didn’t really like X/Y, they put a lot of stuff into that game. I mean, there was a lot.

Sure there was. Like 3D graphics, Mega Evolution, and... um...

There's a couple of different factors here. The first is timing. BW came when 4th gen had been out for 4 years and had 3 sets of games, there was little more they could do with 4th gen. SM and 8th gen on the other hand, are in shorter cycles. SM cut 6th gen to 3 years when everyone was expecting a Z, XY2, or some other type of followup to XY, and if 8th gen releases in 2018 it will cut 7th gen to 2 years making it the shortest Pokemon generation ever. The second is technology, advancements such as 3D graphics, HD resolution, and larger game worlds take more time to work on so you're going to see diminishing returns in terms of content. So 2 years is definitely not going to cut it for a brand new Switch Pokemon game.

Sure there was. Like 3D graphics, Mega Evolution, and... um...
Even pretending that overhauling to 3D doesn't take a lot of work (600+ 3D models?), they also included Pokemon Amie, the Fairy type, and the PSS.

Okay, I know this was already proven to be fake, but the idea of naming a game "Pokemon Hot" is hilarious. Try googling the title and see what comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom