• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear there's supposed to be a special Switch related vid tomorrow
The video comes out today. Event Time Announcer - New interactive experience for Nintendo Switch Remember, Japan is ahead of everyone based on time zone, so when Nintendo says tomorrow, they're going by Japan's tomorrow and everyone elses's later on today.

Now the announcement came and went, Nintendo introduced Nintendo Labo. It's when you build things with cardboard and you insert the Switch itself and the Switch's joycons into slots in the cardboard structure you just built. Not Pokemon related, but it's a fun and cute idea, especially for kids.

And a prime example why you should never hold your hopes and expectations up really high when Nintendo states that they're planing an announcement since it may not be Pokemon such as this announcement.

Last edited:
Nope just some expensive cardboard lol (I know there's little games but really? definitely ain't worth the price) expectations were VERY low to what it was gonna be about.

Alright guys this thread isn't to discuss whether you like or dislike Labo....I know I'm not a mod, but I don't really need to see people complaining about a game that was never meant for core gamers in the first place whether it's well priced or not......

ANYWAY! I'd imagine we'll see Zeraora next month. Once we get out January things will get clearer I think. How I think things will go is like this: We'll get Zeraora next month in some way whether it's through CoroCoro or juts a trailer or both. Then in March if the analyst is right with their prediction we'll get some kind of special announcement of the Pokemon Switch game. Maybe it'll just be a teaser or maybe it'll be a full on trailer, but I think March is the month. That would place us getting the game in December at earliest. It could be January or February of next year too. That would mean it has a sightly longer prerelease timeline than the last couple of gens, but over all I think it could happen. Either way I think we'll know for sure whether we're getting it this year or next in the next few months. Especially since my source seems to think they're prepping for something. or at least setting the stage.

No one was complaining at all people just saying not to hype expectations alot for something you know wasn't gonna happen. Anyway back to circle discussions for now again.

tbh i think zeraora will be a march reveal, next month they gonna reveal only that lugia is the star of the movie.

Alright guys this thread isn't to discuss whether you like or dislike Labo....I know I'm not a mod, but I don't really need to see people complaining about a game that was never meant for core gamers in the first place whether it's well priced or not......

ANYWAY! I'd imagine we'll see Zeraora next month. Once we get out January things will get clearer I think. How I think things will go is like this: We'll get Zeraora next month in some way whether it's through CoroCoro or juts a trailer or both. Then in March if the analyst is right with their prediction we'll get some kind of special announcement of the Pokemon Switch game. Maybe it'll just be a teaser or maybe it'll be a full on trailer, but I think March is the month. That would place us getting the game in December at earliest. It could be January or February of next year too. That would mean it has a sightly longer prerelease timeline than the last couple of gens, but over all I think it could happen. Either way I think we'll know for sure whether we're getting it this year or next in the next few months. Especially since my source seems to think they're prepping for something. or at least setting the stage.

I hope you are right. I am kinda sick of Nindeno(I am sorry that I misspelled) keeps on trolling us.

Its gonna be a pretty long while till ACTUAL info on the Switch game or until new leaks come (more reliable ones that is).

Isn't Ho-Oh supposed to be the star? Lugia's already had a movie.

Doubt it. Lugia's gonna be the star because it's popping up in merchandise for the movie. Ho-Oh has popped up as well, but it recently just got attention in last year's movie. Aside from that, Lugia's song played back in the trailer, and the silhouette underwater looks similar to it + it was already confirmed by Pokenchi a while back that it's a "Legendary sea Pokemon". I could see them revealing both Zeraora + Lugia for the movie next month.

Maybe they could potentially do something similar to the last BW movie if Gen 8 is coming out later this year or early 2019? Though in this case, it'd be Lugia that gets a new form.

Last edited:

The Japanese version of Lugia's song played at the end of the M21 trailer, and I believe there was some sort of promotional statement or official discussion of the trailer that mentioned a Pokemon that lived underwater. While Lugia could pull a Kyogre and have limited plot involvement until the last moment, it's almost certain that it will appear somehow.

I wouldn't be too surprised by a Ho-oh cameo, but if it does happen it will probably be of far lesser importance than Lugia and the probable Zeraora.

Edit - Quote about the underwater Pokemon from the M21 thread:

"On Oha Suta, they talked about the M21 teaser trailer and they mentioned that the thing that was under the sea implies that it will feature a Legendary sea Pokemon."

Last edited:
Ho-oh was the star last year why would they do it again? Also the trailer for the new movie is very telling that it's a Lugia movie. Not only does it show a shadow over water that looks exactly like Lugia, but it also plays Lugia's song at the end. It'll be about Lugia for sure with Zeraora as an add on. It will likely be similar to how last years movie went. Hopefully Zeraora will have a bitter role tho

EDIT: Lol I got ninja'd twice

I think this is my mistake-I hadn't realized we had a new movie already. Nice to hear all the clues being found, though!

Yeah every December we get info on the movie coming out the next year. Even if it's just a teaser. Like the year before SM was announced we got Volcanion and info it's movie to example.

If anything to me it further confirms that the Pokemon Switch game will come out in December/early 2019. Since they distributed legendaries in 2016 and then ended it wen Sun and Moon came out in November. For the legendaries it seems they have nothing for December which could mean that is when the Pokemon Switch game comes out.

maybe zeraora is the december event, like magearna

That would imply Zeraora is a gen 8 mon tho, which it it isn't. Also Zeraora would be considered a mythical so it's irrelevant when talking about this event. They're all full legends so Zeraora will get it's own reveal and event that doesn't compete with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom