• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the only thing you posted from that source other than the more recent time theme and a BW/SM-like story approach, is this:

"Here's all I know. 1. The Chinese localization team has already finished the script. 2. All the gen 8 mons have names and are currently being trademarked. 3. The battle system has been made more simplistic apparently. 4 . I've heard it described as disruptive by some and damaging by others."

They also believe that the game will in fact come out in 2019 and that the battle system may be close or similar to the Digimon World games. Which I can definitely see as being damaging in the eyes of many Pokemon fans seeing as how different it is. In any case it's some interesting stuff to think about. They also think that we'll maybe see something more about the game next year despite it coming out in 2019.
The first paragraph is supposedly from a Chinese source, whereas the second one is speculation/interpretation by the Twitter guy (paraphrased by you).

inb4 another debate about the battle system

Wish they'd announce/release the Pokemon Direct already. We know they've filmed it, now the wait.

Fire- Bunny Rabbit that evolve into a gunslinger and its final evolution is a Mech (Fire/Steel). Probably it will be future,because Mech are popular in Japan.

I would actually LOVE this. Fire bunny + mech? Ugh yes please. Name it Hana to reference D. Va from Overwatch and it's my starter.

PS: Thanks for making the Fire starter disappointing no matter what we get /s :ROFLMAO:;)

Wish they'd announce/release the Pokemon Direct already. We know they've filmed it, now the wait.

I would actually LOVE this. Fire bunny + mech? Ugh yes please. Name it Hana to reference D. Va from Overwatch and it's my starter.

PS: Thanks for making the Fire starter disappointing no matter what we get /s :ROFLMAO:;)
Honestly, if the next region does end up being spain, I'd imagine the fire starter would be a rabbit or a calf. Cause of spain being called the land of the rabbits, also cause of matadors or bull fights in spain.

I think that the only thing you posted from that source other than the more recent time theme and a BW/SM-like story approach, is this:

The first paragraph is supposedly from a Chinese source, whereas the second one is speculation/interpretation by the Twitter guy (paraphrased by you).

inb4 another debate about the battle system

That's the biggest part yeah. I know there's a few smaller details too, but that'll need to wait until later when I have the time to check

I'm glad this thread is returning to its actual title (at least for a while). I've read through so many pages, and now it seems like people have converted this into a "Generation 8 (Release Date) Speculation" thread, which it was never meant to be. We should only really be discussing fakes/leaks/rumors, no matter how bad the ones picked out from 4Chan are. Sure, we can add our thoughts, but that doesn't mean we should attempt to sustain our arguments over 2018 vs. 2019 from anime pacing, the movie, patterns, etc. I get that they relate to Gen. 8, but they're not fakes/leaks/rumors. Quite frankly, this thread would be a lot less convoluted if some new threads were opened up.

Speculation can lead to new rumors being created. Frankly, I'd much prefer discussing a rumor that someone creates while stating it's their guess based on patterns rather than discussing "hey this random person online is making baseless claims while saying they've got some special source they can't mention".

there isn't any new rumors to talk about.. 4chan give us something :rolleyes:

I thought it's really cool idea!!! Because I was kinda disappointed of last fire starters from previous generations.

It was a few pages back and on another forum, but somebody had mentioned that Reggie himself during a recent report or something that solidified a 2018 release for the game. Does anybody know where I can find the source?

There is a separate thread for speculation, though. It has less activity because there is only so much you can speculate based on the past, but I agree that the release date discussion should go there.

I will say that if the rumor about the Chinese localization being finished is true, then it's very hard to imagine the release being nearly two years away.

Last edited:
So Nintendo of Europe have apparently been sending out surveys asking people which games they would be interested in buying in the next 12 months. Someone recently posted a screenshot from the Survey, where it asks what games fans may be excited about when it comes to the rest of 2018.Pokemon RPG on the switch is at the very bottom of the list.
2gxhi5i.png

Last edited:
So Nintendo of Europe have apparently been sending out surveys asking people which games they would be interested in buying in the next 12 months. Someone recently posted a screenshot from the Survey, where it asks what games fans may be excited about when it comes to the rest of 2018.Pokemon RPG on the switch is at the very bottom of the list.
2gxhi5i.png
already posted it few pages ago

LONG POST INCOMING: Alright altho it's technically already been said a few times since it was asked for here's all I know to date from my source. Some of this info is also reiterated by other sources and I suspect that a few others on this forum have gotten this info from the same source as me. So obviously some of this may be similar or the same as what others have said. If some of it is the same, but is from different sources then I'd say we have some pretty reliant info on our hands. Either way here's what I got both old and new.

Like Unnown Seer said the first bit of info I got was this
"Here's all I know. 1. The Chinese localization team has already finished the script. 2. All the gen 8 mons have names and are currently being trademarked. 3. The battle system has been made more simplistic apparently. 4 . I've heard it described as disruptive by some and damaging by others."

They also believe that the game will in fact come out in 2019 (new thought: I suspect this opinion has changed recently, but who knows) and that the battle system may be close or similar to the Digimon World games. Which I can definitely see as being damaging in the eyes of many Pokemon fans seeing as how different it is. In any case it's some interesting stuff to think about. They also think that we'll maybe see something more about the game next year despite it coming out in 2019.

Since then I've gotten small bits of possible info regarding the relative near future. My source tells me something seems to be coming. They think it may just be Zeraora, but also say that they've been told that the new movie will feature something new that will "set the stage" for the new gen. So we may also get something brand new relatively soon as well. They also said that it's ironic that the last legendary give away this year is Ho-oh/Lugia. That could mean that it's just funny in that last years movie as well as this years movie involve those two or maybe something more. This idk tho. They also say the game will be story driven similar to BW and SM. So expect more plot to be used to get us across the region rather than us just traveling for the sake of traveling.

Going off of that last part involving Lugia/Ho-oh I have come up with a theory based on these and the other rumors we've come across. We had Ho-oh last year and now Lugia this year as main Pokemon for the movies. What if the Kanto rumor is in fact true? I and others have proposed that maybe we'll get a reboot game. What if we get a new game that features Kanto mostly by name, but also has new Pokemon? One of our rumors talks about how there are in fact new Pokemon, but then we have the suspicious post on Tieba about a return of Kanto. What if the new game is a return to Kanto, but this time it has all new Pokemon added to the dex as well as a new story? In addition to this to bring me back to the rumor I was just talking about above, what if Ho-oh and Lugia get new forms or access to a new mechanic? Even if they're not the main Pokemon in the game I could see them getting a new form or having access to the new mechanic as a way to get those who already own SM/USUM to transfer them up to the new game to get access to whatever it is.

To add onto this theory what if the new movie pulls a Genesect movie style reveal? What if we don't see a new Pokemon in the movie per se, but instead we see the new mechanic in action sort of like we saw mega evolution in the Genesect movie? That would certainly set the stage for what's to come in my book.

Well anyway that's all the specific info they told me. Some of it new and some of it old. Some of it seems to come from other sources and some of it may even be from the same source, but posted by different people here. Also there are my thoughts as well. One big ol post to wrap up what I know for sure. Hope ya'll enjoy'd that hahaha

I will say that if the rumor about the Chinese localization being finished is true, then it's very hard to imagine the release being nearly two years away.

Gotta agree there - and the Chinese localization might be one of the more reliable pieces of info we have. If localization is totally done, that should indicate a late 2018 release. I mean, as far as I know, localization is always in the last year of development.

Yeah I'd agree with the localization being done meaning it's not too far off. It'd be one thing if the rumor just stated that the script was done and the names were made, but I can't imagine the Chinese localization team being their first group to get the script and mons. I could see the English team being done first, but not the Chinese team. That to me seems like they've had the info for a while and would indicate that other localization teams have the info as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom