• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anonymous Leaker (August 2017)
  • US/UM are being kept under wraps because their plot connects directly into these games
  • The games are called Pokemon Infra Red and Ultra Violet and are planned for release November 2018
  • This is a re-imagination of the first Generation 1 games and features a redesigned Red and a new blonde girl who retcons Leaf from canon
  • Your rival is a Gary/Blue clone who's gender matches yours
  • Kanto is now bigger and more expansive featuring areas from the Anime and all of the towns, cities, routes, and dungeons are redesigned
  • Brock and Misty are more like in the Anime and act as "friendly rivals" like X/Y and S/M/US/UM. They appear consistently throughout your journey and often partner in double and triple battles
  • Team rocket is much more of a threat, their goal now is to clone Mew who is now retconned into a Pokemon from Ultra Space (more like Cosmog than the other UBs) and create Mewtwo
  • Postgame features the Orange Islands and the 4 Alola Islands (Which are retconned to be part of the Orange Islands) however since this takes place long before Generation 7, it is all just small villages and island territories. There is no Aether or Island Challenge. This part of the Postgame also features 2 quests based on the Anime, and Ultra Space Portals to find the UBs
  • Postgame also lets you catch Ho-Oh in Kanto and there are new ways to obtain Mew, Mewtwo, Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos, and Lugia
  • New Pokemon variant called Clone Pokemon and they are based on the Mewtwo clones in the Anime. These are obtainable from the Mew/Mewtwo side quests
  • Alolan Forms are now renamed Exotic Forms and there are 40+ Exotic forms. Some of these include the Pink Pokemon, Ice Type Snorlax, and Crystal Onix
I don't think that this leak is real. It's too close to the Anime, and not even Pokemon Yellow was that close

Well, we have at last one rumor ponting to the Switch version of Pokémon coming in 2018 alongside with the new VIII generation.
This thread must continue...

Yes I heard of that. I imagine the Switch Pokemon game won't be anything special or ambitious with how soon they plan on releasing it.

I call BS on Garchomp having a regional variant as it already has a Mega Evolution.
I also call BS on a fourth stage for some Pokémon. Instead of giving Meganium an evo, they could just give it a Mega. Plus, why give new evos to past starters?
And no anime? Who the Hell is writing that bad fanfic disguised as a leak?

Gen 8 rumors? HAH might as well start with Generation X rumors...

But in all seriousness, the Dex leaker is the most suspicious imo. So your telling me every generation but Generation 4 is getting a variant? Even if it's foreshadowing remakes, in XY we got Gen 3 megas such as Blaziken, Aggron, and Medicham

Oh, is it odd that Gamestop is giving out the games at 9:00 tonight?
What time zone? I've seen some "midnight" releases happen relative to US Eastern time, meaning us on the Pacific coast could pick up a copy before going to bed....

I only hope they modify in the new 8 generation games trick-or-treat(ghost) and forest(grass) curse.
That when you use them on the type of pokemon that they already match they could block the moves of that type .
When Gougeist uses Trick-or-trick against a ghost type pokemon, that will not be able to perform ghost type moves for 3 turns. (If it changed a pokemons type then the second time used this effect is activated)
When Trevanant uses Forest Curse against a grass type pokemon that will not be abble to use grass type moves for 3 turns.
Or they could add a instatnt move blocking effect or flinching to them to make them better, taking that they are low on speed.
atleast Trevanant with Poison Jab is good on fairies with the combo of Forest Curse.

Throat Chop also should block sound moves for 3 turns.

I hope for a very icy-cold themed region(70%) , with creepy forests, igloo-es, castles , bridges and a little see and lakes.
With Trolls(ice/rock winter, water/fairy bridge, rock/fighting mountain, grass/ground forest)

Last edited:
I think it would be too early for a new generation new year, but if they are going to make a new game for switch and they want to sell a lot, i think they could make it.
also I already have heard about the new generation... but I heard something about a region based on egypt

I rather hope that the new set of starters will be well designed in matters of secondary typings, abilities and moves taking all previous generations.

Taking that some typings like fairy are strong against dark, we know that a fire/fairy will probably be slower then incineroar, more defensive and with more priority counter moves.(goat perfect candidate, better then rabbit i think, + could learn sound moves, good candidate for soundproof, sound version of gale wings, singer , copy sound moves="dancer")

Taking that ghost is weak to itself and that dark is strong against it, a fire/ghost starter would need to be faster then incineroar and slower then chesnaught. (if its a horse then extreem speed and high horse power would give it good qualities, good candidate for soundproof)

Both type combinations would need enough sp. defense and def to survive dark and ghost attacks from both sides.

a fire/steel starter, maybe OX on the other hand would need magnet rise and enough physical and special bulk against ground , fighting and his fire enemies. It could be fsater then incineroar, maybe even then chesnaught but would need to be slower then Deciduey. (good candidate for bulletproof , and maybe for a new ability, maybe Waterproof steel?). Could know fighting, normal, steel and fire attacks.

We could get goat and ox to learn Horn Leech? and maybe a fairy type horn attack?
Zen headbut, iron head and others?

rabbit and snake, obvious both should be naturally fast pokemon.

I really see snake with poison and would want to see that made right, a desert snake immune(avoid) through its ability(desert skin) to "sand", "earth"," rock", "mud"(Muddy Water) moves in their respective names and probably should learn bounce. (will probably be faster then delphox but slower then serperior, if it doesnt get a ground move till that time)

Rabbit is a great mystery to me , on one side I dont want to many type reconections like we did with fire/fighting, on the other it moveset and allow it to be more. Electric comes in mind to counter torteera, rabit and turtle conflict. Would be very fast but with low attack and sp. attack but good enough hp and both defences, with acces to magnet rise, maybe faster then Greninja posibble. (good candidate for plazma fist and wide moveset with shadow snek, fairy moves, volt switch, u-turn in future) A sweeper, switcher and spike and terrain setter in one.

fire/ground is a good typing, but its rather for a mega now that I think, taking that we have 2 priority water moves, 1 ice priority move, many fast water types and water users, this would need to be fast and slim, with enough bulk to survive a little from the start to survive longer as a starter in comparission to Cammerupt. (could see Emboar or Typhlosion, more Typhlosion, Emboar with scald is rather a candidate for water absorb or storm drain ability)

When it comes to water and grass I could see the same tactics used for them, who wouldnt want a egiptian style hippo water/poison with volt absorb and corrosion? a fast water/electric jaguar starter? a good sp.def and def wall water/ghost elephant? a water/fighting bear? water/flying eagle/albatross (without hydro pump, surf, ice beam and blizzard, with 530 stats total, would need to be faster then most electric types, maybe with an anti electric "throt chop" or storm cloud move)?
a grass/rock , or grass/steel(heatprrof), grass/ice(better speed) puma or wolf sword fighter , barbarrian or assasin with daggers?
a grass/fairy druid(immunity), a grass/electric( magnet rise) bear , girraf, gorrilla(grass/rock too)?

Grass/Electric feels really special, neutral to flying , would only need a new abilities like Bug Zapper (immunity to bug type moves and trapping them maybe with an electric move) or Acid Battery(immunity to poison type moves, could work like motor drive and rise its speed or like water absorb and restore it's hp, second option better, every poison status would heal instead of damage, many bug types and pokemon will use poison against fairies, grass could use a other player then grass/poison for this). Really could see a Gorilla, anteater or Girraf with both of them. Maybe a electric moves SE on steel types and with Plazma fists?

could see a grass/electric, water/flying (would not learn hydro pump, ice beam , blizzard, avalanch and surf the first time ) and fire/steel starter now?

Would them really hope to interact with older generation starters in the games, oponents who would have previous generation starters.

Also the rest of a generation needs it.
Really would want that more then a fast coming of new games to early.
Better longer anime of current generation.

Game Freak is allowed to use all this ideas but make them right and really good

Last edited:

Game Freak Looking To Be “Disruptive” With ‘Pokemon’ On Switch

After Pokemon for Nintendo Switch was officially announced at E3, fans began to speculate about what gameplay style Game Freak will be going with. For some, the technology upgrade is also a chance to improve Pokemon, and it sounds like Game Freak is taking the chance, according to Easy Allies
The podcast recently revealed that Game Freak is looking to do something “disruptive” with the franchise, due to the success of both Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.

It's hard for me to think of any part of those games that are bad inspiration for Pokemon.
Well I'm just concerned about a potential genre shift. I like the turn based combat of the game. I'm curious about what they could do from an environmental/exploration aspect, but I hope they don't shift to real time battling. That's my only concern, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom