• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Water/Ground starter that's an elephant?
They can use their trunk to fire Water and trample the floor. I also want the final form to be close in size to real elephants as much as possible.

Just give me a fast fire starter and I’m happy. I'd like to see Fire/Fairy or Fire/Electric being used as it’s type. Preferably it’s a Unicorn/Pegasus or a Rabbit.

I think Fire and Electric go well together. Electricity can fry.

They’re also two of my favourite types, so them being together in a fast Pokémon would be my dream. A Fire/Electric Snake or Rabbit might have great potential. unless GameFreak screw up by making it bulky and slow with an Emboar 3.0 design again.

The best we'll get is a solid release period. I'm pretty positive the announcement is going to be in a Pokemon Direct.
I don’t know, if it’s true Nintendo is putting pressure on gamefreak to get it done by 2018, then maybe they will make them put it in the January Direct to showcase the Switch 2018 releases

Scratch that. Vacto and IRUV leak agree on bears for starters but not on the type. One says grass the other says water.

I don’t know, if it’s true Nintendo is putting pressure on gamefreak to get it done by 2018, then maybe they will make them put it in the January Direct to showcase the Switch 2018 releases
Well, Nintendo thought XY, SM, and even USUM deserved their own Directs, I guess to make them stand out. Also, I feel that if the games were announced just two months after USUM, that'd be pretty crazy. That happened before with B2W2, but we still waited a little longer than that, especially Japan.

I was looking at the post a few pages back about Gamefreak wanting to be “disruptive” with the franchise because of the success of BOTW and Odessy. What if the Switch games are Open world? I mean, it isn’t the first time Gamefreak didn’t tell the truth. Earlier when talking about the Switch, iirc they looked at comments of people saying things like “I want an open world game” and then Masada said “we have that”. Even though later he said that Open World wouldn’t work for Pokémon, he also said “There would always be Gyms” while Sun/Moon was well into development... And we know that isn’t the case

I was looking at the post a few pages back about Gamefreak wanting to be “disruptive” with the franchise because of the success of BOTW and Odessy. What if the Switch games are Open world? I mean, it isn’t the first time Gamefreak didn’t tell the truth. Earlier when talking about the Switch, iirc they looked at comments of people saying things like “I want an open world game” and then Masada said “we have that”. Even though later he said that Open World wouldn’t work for Pokémon, he also said “There would always be Gyms” while Sun/Moon was well into development... And we know that isn’t the case

I don't think Game Freak is lying about the games not being open world. However, I do think he wants to take steps in that direction and go open world later on in the series, it's just that he doesn't know exactly how to do it and Game Freak doesn't yet have the manpower to pull it off (or at least not without Pokemon losing its yearly release schedule and having 3-4 year gaps like other IPs). You should really never say never in this industry, you have no idea how the industry can change in 10-20 years that could make you come around to a certain idea, and I think Masuda realizes that. Hell, this game in itself is proof of that because for years Game Freak has been adamantly opposed to developing on console and now that technology has advanced enough to the point where hybrid consoles are now possible, they're finally doing it.

Open world sn't popular in japan. Japanese don't obsess over open world like the west

Last edited:
Gen 8 leaks? Sorry, but there's not going to be anything of truth about any 'leaks' of Gen 8 in 2017. USUM has just come out and unless GF are pulling a Gen 5 again we haven't even had the remake yet. I predict a Gen 4 remake in late 2018 and Gen 8 in late 2019. If I'm right then we aren't going to get any leaks that have even the slightest chance of being true until mid 2018 at least.

Gen 8 leaks? Sorry, but there's not going to be anything of truth about any 'leaks' of Gen 8 in 2017. USUM has just come out and unless GF are pulling a Gen 5 again we haven't even had the remake yet. I predict a Gen 4 remake in late 2018 and Gen 8 in late 2019. If I'm right then we aren't going to get any leaks that have even the slightest chance of being true until mid 2018 at least.

But since USM is the last Pokemon game for 3DS, that would mean Sinnoh remakes would be the first Pokemon games on the Switch, which would be a bizarre choice even for GameFreak, who loves breaking patterns. Remakes are generally less popular games in terms of sales than the start of a new generation, and we also just got a remake last gen with a "revisit" as the secondary games of this gen.

So it looks like Gen 7 is going to be more like Gen 5, and serve as a sort of finale for the 3DS before a new console and a new generation.

But since USM is the last Pokemon game for 3DS, that would mean Sinnoh remakes would be the first Pokemon games on the Switch, which would be a bizarre choice even for GameFreak, who loves breaking patterns.
Has that been confirmed? I don't see why they can't make one last remake for 3DS for the 2018 Christmas season, you know how many
fuckers want a Sinnoh remake :LOL:

Has that been confirmed? I don't see why they can't make one last remake for 3DS for the 2018 Christmas season, you know how many
fuckers want a Sinnoh remake :LOL:

Yes, it's confirmed.

Edit: Trust me, I want a Sinnoh remake. And there was a point when I thought getting one in Gen 7 was possible, although maybe not the most likely possibility, but since the Switch game was announced its been becoming more and more clear that Gen 8 is next. And if that means the Sinnoh remake we eventually do get will be better, I'm okay with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom