• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
December is not a good date to release a big game at all.

as someone who works retail. The last 3 Pokemon games released a week before black Friday shopping and cyber Monday. That's the biggest holiday period

them skipping that and just focusing on Christmas it's not wise at all. they can release in November get black Friday and cyber sales and get Christmas sales

as someone who works retail. The last 3 Pokemon games released a week before black Friday shopping and cyber Monday. That's the biggest holiday period

them skipping that and just focusing on Christmas it's not wise at all. they can release in November get black Friday and cyber sales and get Christmas sales
Can they really control that depending on when the games's actually done?

Personally I think this is evidence for the 2018 column. 2018 is currently looking very similar to 2016.

VC release in the early part of the year
RBY 2016 / Crystal 2018

Monthly distributions of rarities throughout to finish/complete people's collections
Mythicals 2016 / Legendaries 2018

Even detective Pikachu (already released long ago in Japan) has a parralel with the European Super Mystery Dungeon release in 2016

Im very surprised that considering SM were announced at the end of February, people feel so easily able to write of Gen 8 in Mid Jan.

Besides no one can answer the question if the game doesn't get released in 2018 what will the movie distribution in July 2019 be?

Personally I think this is evidence for the 2018 column. 2018 is currently looking very similar to 2016.

RBY 2016 / Crystal 2018

Monthly distributions of rarities throughout to finish/complete people's collections

Even detective Pikachu (already released long ago in Japan) has a parralel with the European Super Mystery Dungeon release in 2016

Im very surprised that considering SM were announced at the end of February, people feel so easily able to write of Gen 8 in Mid Jan.

Besides no one can answer the question if the game doesn't get released in 2018 what will the movie distribution in July 2019 be?
they could always do zoroack or lucario type movie.

the event for zoroack movie was shiny legendary dogs

ok this is my way of thinking ¿okay?
>zeraora exists ¿why right now represent 8 generation? its absurd for me
>¿why the people celebrate 3ds era ends? i would prefer this console right now than your switch have more games and for free after long time trying it
>since the badges i removed always i thinked step by step my pokemon i met was never be the same for eixample change the battle system
>the practice of dlc for obtain more advantajes as i read i somewhere in my opinion its horrendous ruin the essence of experiencie in pokemon for explore and talk npc (but hey the npcs not precisely dont give everything)
>its interesting put the topyc of autism but i consider right now dont push more because the delevopment its independant completely for satoshi i tyred all people asking about asperge syndrome or autism and its like in the school dont touch nothing and pull the archetype for eixample sheldon cooper
someone answer my statements (seems like green text but its my way for write statemente as i want be answered)

RBY 2016 / Crystal 2018

Except that RGBY were released to celebrate the 20th anniversary and Crystal will be just a 'random' release after GS

RGBY was released the same day as the Sun and Moon announcement, with the transfer through the Bank announced to hype up the games, while Crystal will already have transfer support for USUM anyway, then it would be not exciting now

Mythicals distribution was directly related to the 20 year anniversary, and all the mythicals were distributed, with the exception of the gen 6 ones, while the Legendary Year will distribute only a few legendarys, and has nothing to do with anniversary

Super Mystery Dungeon was released in Europe before the announcement of Sun and Moon. Detective Pikachu will be released in March 23, a little late to announce a game that would be released in 2018

The jump from the sixth gen to the seventh gen wasn't as important as it will be the jump to gen 8 now. And at the XY pre-release we didn't have any of these things, they focused the attention of the fans on the games only

about the 2019 movie, it will be the Detective Pikachu live action, so they can distribute something related

Last edited:
This doesn't disqualify anything, only adds up to the rest.

After all, why would the most difficult hardware leap be what would take less time to do?

Also, as I said, an important announcement like this should have been made earlier, and be the focus of the franchise till the release. It's almost February, and we already have Zeraora future announcement, Detective Pikachu release, and now the Legendary Year.

It seems obvious to me that we will not have the Switch main game this year, but you believe what you want. I didn't say that it disqualify a 2018 release, only that it is proving to be more and more unlikely to happen. impossible to happen imo

They can still announce it in February or March, and still have the games come out towards the end of this year. SM were announced in a February.

Been following this for awhile now and finally gained some courage to post haha.
We know thanks to the code Zeraora is definitely coming this year, just a matter of when really. Best bet would be February.
I believe this was posted before but both XY and Sun and Moon had a nine month gap between announcement month and Release month.
XY January 2013 -> October 2013 (9 months)
Sun and Moon February 2016 -> November 2016. (9 months)
Have Zeraora out of the way next month which would place us in March (Like suggested/speculated early in).
March 2018 announcement, 9 months later, would leave us in December being the month with no legend (Excluding January).

TCG is rushing as well with Ultra Necrozma going to most likely being Set 6's mascot (Called forbidden light so going to assume)
Then the Anime is already rushing into both the UB's and Necrozma's forms.
If this is a gap year, it doesn't seem right for the two other biggest things in Pokemon to be in what seems like a rush.

about the 2019 movie, it will be the Detective Pikachu live action, so they can distribute something related

What? No that's not right at all. First off the company producing the DP (Detective Pikachu) movie and the company that makes the animated movies are completely different. Second the DP movie is being produced by a western company. It's a Hollywood film first and foremost so it'll be sent over to Japan more less secondarily. Third the DP movie is set to come out in May. All the normal movies come out in July. It makes no sense. There will just be 2 different Pokemon movies next year that's all. So yes there will still need to be a distribution mon for the July movie that'll release before the rest of the world sees it and it won't be DP related.

They could easily release the games in Novemeber. That's what they did with SM despite the Genesect and Meloetta distributions.

It's also perfectly doable to announce the games before Detective Pikachu's release date, in the same way SM's announcement came before Pokken's release.

If there is another movie in this generation, they'll probably distribute an old mythical. Which would be odd, because Mew, Celebi and Arceus have been distributed enough recently, and the others don't stand out as much.

What? No that's not right at all. First off the company producing the DP (Detective Pikachu) movie and the company that makes the animated movies are completely different. Second the DP movie is being produced by a western company. It's a Hollywood film first and foremost so it'll be sent over to Japan more less secondarily. Third the DP movie is set to come out in May. All the normal movies come out in July. It makes no sense. There will just be 2 different Pokemon movies next year that's all. So yes there will still need to be a distribution mon for the July movie that'll release before the rest of the world sees it and it won't be DP related.

Yeah, I know. But being from different producers doesn't imply that we will have 2 movies in a year at all.

Yeah, I know. But being from different producers doesn't imply that we will have 2 movies in a year at all.

Yes it does tho. The normal movies are made by a Japanese company and the Detective Pikachu movie is being made by a Hollywood company. They also set out to do very different things. A detective Pikachu movie is a spin off movie and has nothing to the main series. And them not releasing anything in July would be a huge miss for them. Otherwise they'd wait to release the detective Pikachu movie. They're for two different audiences (well Pokemon fans in general, but you get it)

It could easily be a past Mythical or a group of Shiny Legendaries which happened with the Zoroark movie.

Other than that, it seems this question is ruling out an early 2019 release. An early 2019 release wouldn't really affect the anime/movies like before, since now the anime doesn't have to get to a certain point before the movie releases. If they do an early 2019 release, then it can easily be a Gen 8 Mythical. Early 2019 makes sense to me if they're trying to rush through the anime & TCG, but can't make it for 2018.

about the 2019 movie, it will be the Detective Pikachu live action,

Yeah, no. OLM is not going to skip out on a movie next year. Detective Pikachu isn't even related to the main anime in any way - at least M20 & M21 have Ash & Pikachu as the main characters, even if they are completely different ones.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did well in December. Plus, December is a much better release month than January-March (I mention Jan-Feb-Mar specifically because if we don't get Pokemon Switch in late 2018, it's likely to come in Q1 2019).

Last edited:
Except that RGBY were released to celebrate the 20th anniversary and Crystal will be just a 'random' release after GS

RGBY was released the same day as the Sun and Moon announcement, with the transfer through the Bank announced to hype up the games, while Crystal will already have transfer support for USUM anyway, then it would be not exciting now

Mythicals distribution was directly related to the 20 year anniversary, and all the mythicals were distributed, with the exception of the gen 6 ones, while the Legendary Year will distribute only a few legendarys, and has nothing to do with anniversary

Super Mystery Dungeon was released in Europe before the announcement of Sun and Moon. Detective Pikachu will be released in March 23, a little late to announce a game that would be
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 did well in December. Plus, December is a much better release month than January-March (I mention Jan-Feb-Mar specifically because if we don't get Pokemon Switch in late 2018, it's likely to come in Q1 2019).
I said big games and you mention xenoblade 2 a niche game lol. nowhere near Pokemon popularity

there's a reason why call of duty releases in early November.

Maybe this year is a mystery dungeon year, iirc mystery dungeon get released every 3 years.
explorers of sky - 2009
gates to infinity - 2012
super mystery dungeon - 2015

RBY 2016 / Crystal 2018

Something akin to the legendary beasts in 2010 which unlocked Zoroark in Black/White. Which is kinda funny, because if Movie 21 relates to Lugia and the Orange Islands, then Movie 22 could relate to Johto, which already has a slew of movie promotions and cross game rewards for its Pokemon. Or maybe Movie 22 could return to Alola, who knows. Any way you look at it though, 2018 does seem like its the finish line for Gen 7, but something just doesn't click in how they can just go through a gen in 2 years with 3 consecutive releases, and announce its successor in little under a year and a half that the gen has been around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom