• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll be VERY interesting once we do get an official announcement. It'll immediately get rid of most of these rumors and then we can start speculating and focusing on the ones that still stand. That said I'm starting to think we may not get an announcement until e3 at the earliest. The later we get into these early months the less possible it is for them to have a 2018 release. People should be willing to accept the announcement won't be coming for a little while. I still say the game won't come any later than May 2019, but it's looking more and more likely that the game won't launch in 2018.

Why should we care about their opinions. The fact of the matter is that no one in this thread has sources, everyone is just talking out of their asses for attention. The only people who have proper legit sources are journos like Tom Phillips, yes he was wrong about Stars in a sense but he is infinitely more reliable than anyone in this thread. People with apparent "sources" in this thread have spread out their "information" so wide that some of it is bound to be correct similar to that fraud Marcus Sellars. My advice to everyone is to hold on till the end of March and only to trust Journalists with reliable track records. Even then leaks can be wrong all the time. If i were you i would not trust anything.

I take exception to that, but you're more than welcome to have your own opinions. I will say that maybe you should try to not be as aggressive when talking about others seeing as you have no idea who has info and who doesn't. The fact of the matter is that most real leaks we get don't come from journalists and do in fact come from anonymous people. You're quick to judge people with sources, but unless you have info yourself I'd say it's unwise to say people are "talking out their asses". You just come off as rude and a jerk.

I haven't been around here in a while. Probably because this notification system is so freaking unreliable. So, anyone care too tell me if there have been any supposed "art" leaks.

Also, I don't see any good reason for trusting some unknown leak which surfaces from nowhere but not people who actually gave us real informations in the past. I mean, everything can happen and nothing is confirmed until is confirmed but we can be rational on why something can be considered a leak (something coming from someone that has leaked real stuff in the past) and what is just a rumor (everything else). These starters are cuteeee but they are just a rumor.

Btw. I just noticed that the grass starter is like Passimian and Oranguru had a baby XD

Perhaps its a pre-evolution concept and not a starter. Who knows!:confused:

I think it'll be VERY interesting once we do get an official announcement. It'll immediately get rid of most of these rumors and then we can start speculating and focusing on the ones that still stand. That said I'm starting to think we may not get an announcement until e3 at the earliest. The later we get into these early months the less possible it is for them to have a 2018 release. People should be willing to accept the announcement won't be coming for a little while. I still say the game won't come any later than May 2019, but it's looking more and more likely that the game won't launch in 2018.
Well, there's something I thought about. S/M were revealed in February but actually what we got was nothing but the names and the logos. First real info came in May.
Now imagine this scenario:

March 2018/April 2018: Zeraora announced.
May 2018: Pokemon Switch announcement with a real trailer with starters and Legends.

I mean the announcement itself would have been delayed but nothing else would have changed. I don't know, really. What I know is that I deeply hate Zeraora for being a thing.
We cannot survive to a 2019 release, not after all that's happening these months

We live in an era where this sort of stuff is not only possible but has in fact occurred in the past - remember the Gen 7 final evolution leaks that turned out to be true, which had a certain character in them? I do agree that you shouldn't take every leak as fact. But I also think it's best to keep an open mind when it comes to leaks rather than dismissing them. Else it may be you who ends up with egg on your face later. :p

Time will tell whether these are legit or not. Until then, keep them in mind and get hype if they are.

I haven't been around here in a while. Probably because this notification system is so freaking unreliable. So, anyone care too tell me if there have been any supposed "art" leaks.

So far, we've gotten 3 Generation 8 Starter leaks from 4chan that have made the rounds. @lavandula has proven two of them fake and the third one is pending (though @lavandula thinks the third one is also fake). Then one of @lavandula's sources showed three random pictures. They are of the Dragon Quest 8 hero and his pet, a character from Journey to the West (a popular novel in the east), and a Minotaur from Greek Mythology. So it's similar to the Chinese Riddler from the Sun and Moon days, but confirmed by @lavandula as not the same person though they are still part of her inner circle of leakers. We also have the Italian translator leak from 4chan that has gained some very big attention recently (if you want more information, go to the OP of this thread). I hope I've summed everything up that has happened the past few weeks very well. I'm not very good at explaining things. Lol.

Well, there's something I thought about. S/M were revealed in February but actually what we got was nothing but the names and the logos. First real info came in May.

May 2018: Pokemon Switch announcement with a real trailer with starters and Legends.

I mean the announcement itself would have been delayed but nothing else would have changed. I don't know, really. What I know is that I deeply hate Zeraora for being a thing.
We cannot survive to a 2019 release, not after all that's happening these months

I suppose we could get something similar to the SM announcement where we'd only get title and then they would just wait to show us anything concrete. That's not impossible. I'm not sure they'd announce it in May tho. at that point they might as well just wait for e3 and to a big announcement then. If we were gonna get an announcement before e3 it would have likely been this month or March at the latest. That said with Zeraora not being revealed yet it's a hard thing to see happening. And we'll survive to 2019. The world keeps spinning even without an announcement haha Just gotta be patient. I'm sure we'll get info this year, but it's just a matter of when.

I think both the starters and the new riddler are real. I was wrong the last time, but I now realize its cause I couldn't see what was missing, which is not here. That is, being actual reference sheets for Anime and not general reference sheets, which is what most fakers do to emulate the last real ones and ignore what was there, and more so the designs are solid. Proper anime style emulation of the Sugimori style, easily liked, and can be discussed for many moons pertaining their evolutions. I think the riddler leak pertains to tje actual protag, his mentor, and the region, as in. The protag is once again older, maybe not even fully unrelated to the story like previous protags, the professor is not just the professor but an actual person they know from a young age, and the Minotaur Maze refers to how the region is less linear and harder to traverse.

I’m still positive that Pokémon is the big 2018 game. There is still more evidence for this happening then against. Plus there’s no way Nintendo’s big holiday game for 2018 is Fire Emblem.

If it has to be delayed for technical reasons then that’s another story but even if it is delayed it won’t go past Q1 2019.

I suppose we could get something similar to the SM announcement where we'd only get title and then they would just wait to show us anything concrete. That's not impossible. I'm not sure they'd announce it in May tho. at that point they might as well just wait for e3 and to a big announcement then. If we were gonna get an announcement before e3 it would have likely been this month or March at the latest. That said with Zeraora not being revealed yet it's a hard thing to see happening. And we'll survive to 2019. The world keeps spinning even without an announcement haha Just gotta be patient. I'm sure we'll get info this year, but it's just a matter of when.

@Joker901, I think that's an excellent approach for them to take. But I could see it also going like this:

March 2018 or April 2018: Zeroara announced
May 2018: Pokémon Direct with a recap of the series history so far like with the X and Y and Sun and Moon Directs. A Pokémon for Switch reveal including a short trailer with the Generation 8 Starters named. Mascot Legendaries are shown off at the end of the trailer but not named. Titles for the games not revealed yet.
June 2018 at E3: Another more proper and longer trailer. More information on Pokémon for Switch with the titles for the games being revealed and the Mascot Legendary names revealed as well as the box arts. Gameplay of Pokémon for Switch shown at Treehouse Live.

If I remember correctly, for X and Y's reveal, they showed off the Starters and Xerneas and Yveltal in the trailer at the same time in January but didn't reveal Xerneas and Yveltal's names until February. The same thing also happened with Sun and Moon where they revealed the Starters and Solgaleo and Lunala at the same time but didn't reveal the names of Solgaleo and Lunala until the following month. I know that the trademarks for all five were found before the games were announced too. I can see them taking the same route for the Generation 8 Switch games.

Last edited:
Why is Ash’s face like that. It makes t seem like they can’t draw him so they did that so it could look more real and they wouldn’t have to attempt to draw a human, which some can find difficult. I could be wrong but have we ever seen something like that in the anime? He’s getting slapped by a tail, not hit by water.

Hawaii more known than India? Is this a joke?! You are just grasping at straws now.

Those starter leaks are interesting, I wouldn't mind those starters, and if it is fake then the fake leakers are improving.
I never mentioned India in that post. Also, Hawaii is a very big tourist destination. Hawaii is one of the first things on people's minds when they think of a tropical paradise.

I’m still positive that Pokémon is the big 2018 game. There is still more evidence for this happening then against. Plus there’s no way Nintendo’s big holiday game for 2018 is Fire Emblem.

If it has to be delayed for technical reasons then that’s another story but even if it is delayed it won’t go past Q1 2019.
Actually, we are almost sure that the switch ttles were intended as a 2018 release. They announced them saying that they would have been released in "more then a year" which is from June 2018 onwards. They listed them as a "2018 or later" release and they are still like that right now. If they meant to release them in 2019 they would have simply put "2019" or "TBA". So imo GF and Nintendo predicted a 2018 release that could have been delayed if necessary. Even the super skeptical Joe Merrick agreed on this, quoting: [answering about the possibility of Zeraora not being available in UsUm] "Then why would they even put it in. They'd have known at that point if Gen 8 was coming in 2018, or planned for 2018 (and it was), so they wouldn't have included it"

They may have it planned, but we have suffered delays before. They might still be able to make it, though, but we must expect the bare minimum in such a case.

They may have it planned, but we have suffered delays before. They might still be able to make it, though, but we must expect the bare minimum in such a case.
I don't think that's true. We don't know anything about the games development. For what rumors say they are being translated and that means that the games themselves are pretty much ready. There's not even something strange with the fact that they didn't announce them yet. I mean, Pokemon Anniversary or Switch 1st year Anniversary are totally perfect dates (much more plausible then some random date before) to announce new Pokemon Games. They are not late on that front.
It's that freaking Zeraora the problem. It's a 7 Gen Pokemon and we all expect GF to reveal it before Gen 8. The fact that we don't know about it yet makes us believe that the Switch titles will not be revealed until May, cause we are all waiting for that cat to be revealed in March/April at this point.

I think it comes down to when the switch game began development (if it was being developed simultaneous to Sun & Moon, then that is a lot of learning from one dev team to transfer to the other). We know it was being developed simultaneous to US & UM.

If the graphic style is indeed cel-shaded this would require less time to get up and running on the switch with console standards (it also means for a highly stylistic and expressive gen 8) while also taking into account that they may have gotten really good at producing results on switch hardware, a 2018 release isn't to slippery, development time wise.

Come to think of it, usually, when they do want to announce something, we are given either a week or a few days advance notice, if they don't just announce it out of nowhere. Now is that time, at the earliest.

I never mentioned India in that post. Also, Hawaii is a very big tourist destination. Hawaii is one of the first things on people's minds when they think of a tropical paradise.
I the west maybe but in the east i highly doubt hawaii is the number one spot for tropical destination.

Also why do you always push that sri lanka/india are tropical and almost the same as hawaii. Like i said Hawaii is tropic mostly beach while sri lanka was tropic mostly grass and jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom