• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on, some gears are turning. Rumors going around about a time travel gimmick, starters themed off past/present/ and future, and also rumors about the theme for the games being about tradition against innovation. My lord, I think accidentally found a pattern.

There is another problem: Eevee got an Exclusive Z-Move which is featuring all the starters, which means they need to give Eevee a new one (And i doubt Z-Moves will even be a thing, since that is a little bit problematic, since Z-Moves are tied in with the Necrozma lore and since USUM basically forced the player to catch Necrozma, its not a wild Pokemon anymore and thus cannot be in gen 8 region) and if they expand on the same dex setup, another Eeveelution doesn't even fit on the same page, since the page was already filled up with Eevee and the current Eeveelutions.

I am not saying another Eeveelution is impossible, its just unlikely too happen imo, looking at the Z-Move, the Necrozma lore and the current dex setup (Granted, they can easily change this one).
Guys, first of all, all new features usually last for a single generation so the hype for z-moves will be 0 in gen 8 (Wait! Has there ever been hype for z-moves?), anyway they can simply change name and animation for the z-move or leave it like it is and no one will probably care.

They might not make new z-moves but they'll definitely carry over the old ones like they did mega stones. Especially since their goal with z-moves was to give a larger variety of pokemon something so people could use their favorites for competitive play.

Still hoping we get new megas and regional variants, though. =/ Those were the really exciting features. Doubtful on new megas at this point but fingers crossed for variants... though hopes remain low.

>=/ And no new Ultra Beasts because I have been so done with Ultra Beasts since it was revealed that they fit in a ball. No thank you, that ship can go far away now and never come back.

Goodness I do hope we get an announcement soon, that unconfirmed leak list is piling up high and we don't have anything to start the weeding.

Hold on, some gears are turning. Rumors going around about a time travel gimmick, starters themed off past/present/ and future, and also rumors about the theme for the games being about tradition against innovation. My lord, I think accidentally found a pattern.

Got any links for the time travel thing as I haven't seen any yet.

Isn’t there already a leak that mentioned about a grass electric starter rodent, a fire horse and a water bird ?

Seems familiar

Someone check the japanese
/vp/ - 8th starters - Pokémon - 4chan
XD That art is too wonky, it feels more like a beginner or low budget animation style than a pokemon design. Cute concepts though, I kinda like the bird, but it definitely doesn't scream official artwork, there's just something too unrefined about it. And they barely wrote any japanese on it, which seems like a sign in itself.

Someone check the japanese
/vp/ - 8th starters - Pokémon - 4chan

Jeesz... people... just judge for yourself first. Only the Grass starter can be passed over as at least believable, the Fire and Water starters have to much white in them, looking at the past, the Starter colour stands out, which is not the case here with Fire and Water. Thus they are fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom