• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, actually localisations don't need music and sound effects. They just translate scripts. So maybe both music and translation can be done concurrently. However that guy worked mainly for main line games and even if I don't know when these things are usually made I think it's kinda late for switch titles (or a 2018 release). Pokemon Duel and Pokken are out for sure, so maybe they are working at another spin off.

GF don't work on spin offs tho. So it's either for the main series Switch game or something non Pokemon related (likely not). At this point it kind of has to be the main Pokemon game imo. I doubt they'll dedicate many people to a non Pokemon title when they have such a huge project going.

Well, actually localisations don't need music and sound effects. They just translate scripts. So maybe both music and translation can be done concurrently. However that guy worked mainly for main line games and even if I don't know when these things are usually made I think it's kinda late for switch titles (or a 2018 release).

IF sound is done concurrently with localisation, they seem to be on time since localisation is the last stage of development.

I think some of the soundtrack was done before for the trailers and so, and Masuda might be doing the remaining part of the tracks.
We need more information about the game development process to make any concrete statements, though.

I think a little common sense can be applied here. In order to make music and sound effects for animation, whether it be a videogame or animated movie/tv show, you gotta have a visual idea as to what it is you're making the sounds for. So I imagine Masuda or anybody else would need to have completed cutscenes and actions in order to make sounds that would fit.

One thing to note about Masuda's music credits is that he mainly composes the battle themes nowadays and the rest of the music is done by other composers, and even recently with Sun and Moon, he didn't even do all of the battle themes (team Skull battle theme was done by Minako Adachi and Go Ichinose did Lusamines battle theme, for example).

For better reference, see: Pokémon Sun & Pokémon Moon: Super Music Collection - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I guess my point is that the sound work is divided amongst numerous people, and him possibly working on something for the game now only indicates his own bulk of the work.

I think a little common sense can be applied here. In order to make music and sound effects for animation, whether it be a videogame or animated movie/tv show, you gotta have a visual idea as to what it is you're making the sounds for. So I imagine Masuda or anybody else would need to have completed cutscenes and actions in order to make sounds that would fit.

Well... yes and no... since you can also make cutscenes based on the sound (But in this case i think you are right).

It depends on project itself. Music can be composed on little more than concept art, or it can added later in development. I don't know if we have input from Masuda when they usually add music and sound to the game.

Guys, the problem here is not the soundtrack or the themes. Those can be made late in the development. But I suppose that sound effects are usually made during the production of the games, right?

this "leak" sounds like that you and me leak from earlier this weekend

/vp/ - march trailer - Pokémon - 4chan

Guys, the problem here is not the soundtrack or the themes. Those can be made late in the development. But I suppose that sound effects are usually made during the production of the games, right?
translation counts as production too so whats your point.

I really don't think that Masuda would allude to what he's working on for the games. It doesn't help that Kageyama retired from the company more than 4 years ago.
However, he worked for Oras after he left GF. He only worked with Masuda for Pokemon games so...
translation counts as production too so whats your point.
My point is that translations are made once the game are completed (basically post production), sound effects can be done during the creation of the games, sometimes developers create part of the games with the people who make sound effects .

I really don't think that Masuda would allude to what he's working on for the games. It doesn't help that Kageyama retired from the company more than 4 years ago.

You're right but Kageyama worked for them in ORAS.
Not saying this implies something but he's a freelance composer now so it isn't plausible for him to work with GF again, but not being tied exclusively to them.

You're right but Kageyama worked for them in ORAS.
Not saying this implies something but he's a freelance composer now so it isn't plausible for him to work with GF again, but not being tied exclusively to them.
Bulbapedia:
"On January 1, 2014, Shota Kageyama announced on his Twitter that he had left Game Freak to work as an independent composer. He noted that he's "graduating" from the company after having spent the past six and a half years there and is branching out to work with his new company, Spica Musica. However, he still maintains good terms with Game Freak, later working with them on Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, with an open possibility of continuing to collaborate in the future."

Wait, oras was 2014, right? And in January he was not working on them yet...promising even if those are remakes so probably nothing huge to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom