• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to point out something about Masuda's tweet for a minute. The last time I remember a similar post was when he tweeted a sample of sound effects for Sun and Moon, and a bunch of us were speculating it to be for a Steel-type Pokemon. That particular tweet happened sometime between Magearna's reveal in Corocoro and when Sun and Moon were announced in the Pokemon Direct.

I wish I could find the tweet to show you guys what I'm talking about, but it's probably buried beyond belief.

I wanted to point out something about Masuda's tweet for a minute. The last time I remember a similar post was when he tweeted a sample of sound effects for Sun and Moon, and a bunch of us were speculating it to be for a Steel-type Pokemon. That particular tweet happened sometime between Magearna's reveal in Corocoro and when Sun and Moon were announced in the Pokemon Direct.

I wish I could find the tweet to show you guys what I'm talking about, but it's probably buried beyond belief.

I know what you're talking about , but other than him working on music/sound effects how is that similar to now? We were clearly getting a game announcement soon once Magearna was revealed. As of now we still don't even have Zeraora.

I know what you're talking about , but other than him working on music/sound effects how is that similar to now? We were clearly getting a game announcement soon once Magearna was revealed. As of now we still don't even have Zeraora.

I'm honestly not sure how to answer this. The comparison that I made was something I thought was clear. I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but I just cannot wrap my head around your pessimism in regards to a lack of a Zeraora reveal. Zeraora itself is an anomaly because it's being introduced mid-Generation, why can't you open up your mind to the possibility that something is going to be done differently with it than what you're used to? We need to stop adhering to these ridiculous "patterns" that the fans, not Game Freak, have established. Seriously guys, when they introduced new UB's in USUM, all bets should have been off.

7SIwOL3.png

Stay strong Bulbapedia...even greater minions march under the blood moon over the horizon!

There are indeed a lot of unknowns about this situation. I looked back and even for Emerald, it was one month after it's JP release that DP was announced to us. Now, both the Switch game and USUM were announced at the same time. We didn't even know the presence of Zeraora at the time. The gen wasn't even over yet and they told us there was more. Something is VERY fishy about that. Nonetheless, the similarities continue to concern me. How long exactly do they intend to go on with Zeraora being a mystery? That is what needs to be answered.

I'm honestly not sure how to answer this. The comparison that I made was something I thought was clear. I'm sorry if this comes off as rude, but I just cannot wrap my head around your pessimism in regards to a lack of a Zeraora reveal. Zeraora itself is an anomaly because it's being introduced mid-Generation, why can't you open up your mind to the possibility that something is going to be done differently with it than what you're used to? We need to stop adhering to these ridiculous "patterns" that the fans, not Game Freak, have established. Seriously guys, when they introduced new UB's in USUM, all bets should have been off.

I'm not saying Zeraora isn't special and I will agree with you that it's different. My pessimism stems from the idea that they'd start promoting a new gen without finishing off the current one first. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. I don't agree with the argument that it would confuse people and make people think Zeraora is a gen 8 Pokemon because there are ways of doing it without being confusing, but as far as promotions go there's an order to these things. It makes much more sense for them to announce Zeraora first and then after whatever amount of time announce gen 8 in full. I'm not saying gen can't come out this year because Zeraora hasn't been announced yet, but it makes much more sense for them to show it off first. Patterns don't always mean things won't change, but as far as marketing goes the logical step would to be to finish the gen we have and then start the new one so we have a clean slate. For the record I don't care about Zeraora that much and like all of you would much rather start seeing gen 8 stuff. I just can't get around the fact that we still don't have the final mythical. If I'm wrong then so be it and we all can enjoy the brand new info on the Switch game sooner than I think we will. If I'm right then also so be it and we have to wait a little longer. I still don't see why people are so dead set on a Nov/Dec release. I don't see the game coming out any later than March of 2019 so what's a few extra months of waiting? Anyway I do however have a problem with people saying we shouldn't rely on patterns only to compare this year with other years. You can't have it both ways. Either TPC and GF are doing things completely different this time around or some things might be about the same.

Apparently Masuda is composing and creating sound effects at home. For what?
It could be for the new Pokémon Switch game, but it could just as easily be for a different project. There's also the possibility that Masuda simply felt like making a new track for no particular reason that he just wants to share.

I don't see gen 8 being released before March 2019 just by taking the anime into account. I mean... no way that SM will have below 110-ish episodes.

Our friendly neighborhood Pixelpar has been pretty silent... I wonder what became of that Switch news, if Pixelpar himself was wrong or if the guy that told him that is the one in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom