• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not entirely sure how the anime and games work in tandem with one another, but maybe it depends on the reception on the anime and whether or not they want to start pushing ahead for the next region? Who knows what's going through their heads in terms of release.

I'm not saying Zeraora isn't special and I will agree with you that it's different. My pessimism stems from the idea that they'd start promoting a new gen without finishing off the current one first. Just because they can doesn't mean they should. I don't agree with the argument that it would confuse people and make people think Zeraora is a gen 8 Pokemon because there are ways of doing it without being confusing, but as far as promotions go there's an order to these things. It makes much more sense for them to announce Zeraora first and then after whatever amount of time announce gen 8 in full. I'm not saying gen can't come out this year because Zeraora hasn't been announced yet, but it makes much more sense for them to show it off first. Patterns don't always mean things won't change, but as far as marketing goes the logical step would to be to finish the gen we have and then start the new one so we have a clean slate. For the record I don't care about Zeraora that much and like all of you would much rather start seeing gen 8 stuff. I just can't get around the fact that we still don't have the final mythical. If I'm wrong then so be it and we all can enjoy the brand new info on the Switch game sooner than I think we will. If I'm right then also so be it and we have to wait a little longer. I still don't see why people are so dead set on a Nov/Dec release. I don't see the game coming out any later than March of 2019 so what's a few extra months of waiting? Anyway I do however have a problem with people saying we shouldn't rely on patterns only to compare this year with other years. You can't have it both ways. Either TPC and GF are doing things completely different this time around or some things might be about the same.
In fact, Zeraora is so unusual that I think its bland Pokédex entry, typing, and ability will get replaced in a patch to troll the dataminers. Yet, I am still fruitlessly holding onto my theory that the Zeraora we know is just a prank and that tits true nature will be patched into the game. It just doesn't seem that marketable the way it is now.

In fact, Zeraora is so unusual that I think its bland Pokédex entry, typing, and ability will get replaced in a patch to troll the dataminers. Yet, I am still fruitlessly holding onto my theory that the Zeraora we know is just a prank and that tits true nature will be patched into the game. It just doesn't seem that marketable the way it is now.

Doubtful lol That'd be such a waste of time on their part hahaha

Our friendly neighborhood Pixelpar has been pretty silent... I wonder what became of that Switch news, if Pixelpar himself was wrong or if the guy that told him that is the one in the wrong.

Sounded like his source was wrong. On Friday he said if nothing appeared by yesterday the source of his would likely be taken off his list of people to trust. He was very transparent about the whole thing so I don't think this messes with his credibility in anyway.

Doubtful lol That'd be such a waste of time on their part hahaha
In terms of the model, it would be. However, I'm more so referring to its typing and dex entries. The typing is just changing a variable, and the Pokédex entries are just flavor text. Having something that seems so generic being passed off as a mythical just seems like it was solely made for supplementary material, which in itself is a waste of time for Game Freak.

I don't see gen 8 being released before March 2019 just by taking the anime into account. I mean... no way that SM will have below 110-ish episodes.

I disagree. I think Spring 2019 is fully within their grasp. It's clear they at least thought at one point that 2018 was attainable (maybe they still do) so early 2019 would make the most sense. There's not enough content for them to stretch out to late 2019. Also they don't plan game releases based on the anime, the anime plans around the games. So if the anime needs to they can easily speed up so they get to a reasonable end point for SM. Also it doesn't matter how many episodes there are. Just because they've never done sub 110 eps before doesn't mean it won't happen. Gen 7 is already looking like a small gen anyway so with them rushing through much of the game content in 2017 for the anime/TCG/etc. It really doesn't matter if we have a shorter gen. It just is what it is.

I disagree. I think Spring 2019 is fully within their grasp. It's clear they at least thought at one point that 2018 was attainable (maybe they still do) so early 2019 would make the most sense. There's not enough content for them to stretch out to late 2019. Also they don't plan game releases based on the anime, the anime plans around the games. So if the anime needs to they can easily speed up so they get to a reasonable end point for SM. Also it doesn't matter how many episodes there are. Just because they've never done sub 110 eps before doesn't mean it won't happen. Gen 7 is already looking like a small gen anyway so with them rushing through much of the game content in 2017 for the anime/TCG/etc. It really doesn't matter if we have a shorter gen. It just is what it is.

Sounds like a battle of the crystal balls to me.

Well, I think nothing of what we can think about is indicative of the games release. These are the games pokemon fans are waiting for 22 years and both GF and Nintendo know this. It's not simply two new pokemon games with a cool new mechanic or the first games on a new system.
New generation + New system + 1st time home console.
I mean there's something going on. Next month there'll be the second meeting with the investors but for now we have really few games announced for the second half of the year on the Switch. Nintendo sold so many consoles in the last year that it is stupid to think that they cannot handle the second year of life of the Switch properly. This year started with Nintendo claiming that they want to sell 20 milions switch in the next fiscal year (April 2018 - April 2019) and this is really a great goal to reach. We still don't know however how they are supposed do that.
I feel like a huge bomb is coming from them.

Only problem is that most episodes are made 6 months in advance (Which means the staff needs to get a heads-up before April at least if a gen 8 game comes in 2018, and it doesn't seem to be the case, seeing Ash has still get to have 2 captures and Torracat evolving).

Its more likely and probable that the anime staff got a heads-up in 2017 that they are not gonna make a 2018 release, else they would have given Ash his fifth capture in December or the first three months of 2018, and it seems that will not be the case, since they also have to take into account the UB arc and the companion development, including the league, and since the league usually takes around 2 months, it means the league has to start mid-september/early october, which means they have until May at the latest for his last 2 captures and Torracat to evolve and the conclusion of the UB arc, meaning they don't have time to have filler episodes, and that already makes a problem, since they lost January and February because they had filler episodes in those).

The May episodes are thus already being in production for several months now.

Spring makes it more likely, although do they want to start 2019 with the league. I would say April or May are more likely than March at this point.

Last edited:
Not all mythicals need to have some gimmick.

https://i.********/vp/1520187300021.jpg
Fire Rabbit is done

Not saying I believe in Fire bunny, but literally any artist could make a fake evolution for a real Pokemon. Sure fire bunny is almost definitely fake, but this art has no bearing on that whatsoever.

Only problem is that most episodes are made 6 months in advance (Which means the staff needs to get a heads-up before April at least if a gen 8 game comes in 2018, and it doesn't seem to be the case, seeing Ash has still get to have 2 captures and Torracat evolving).

Its more likely and probable that the anime staff got a heads-up in 2017 that they are not gonna make a 2018 release, else they would have given Ash his fifth capture in December or the first three months of 2018, and it seems that will not be the case, since they also have to take into account the UB arc and the companion development, including the league, and since the league usually takes around 2 months, it means the league has to start mid-september/early october, which means they have until May at the latest for his last 2 captures and Torracat to evolve and the conclusion of the UB arc, meaning they don't have time to have filler episodes, and that already makes a problem, since they lost January and February because they had filler episodes in those).

The May episodes are thus already being in production for several months now.

Spring makes it more likely, although do they want to start 2019 with the league. I would say April or May are more likely than March at this point.
We have seen almost all of the new pokemon. We only miss:
Dartrix;
Vikavolt;
Stufful;
Mudsdale;
Dewpider & Araquanid;
Tsareena;
Golisopod;
Minior;
UBs.

We know probably Rowlet will not evolve because we saw it in its base form with Incineroar on the leaked artwork. This is what usually happen to funny pokemon in the anime anyway (Piplup; Oshawott).
This time Ash didn't catch the regional bird as he always did, he has no rival to fight. He will probably get Poipole but I don't think we are gonna see a Pokemon League arc this time. The league is built after s/m plot for the first time and the anime doesn't seem to follow the trials like the game. So how is Ash supposed to enter the league this time? Cause there are no badges and he just did 3 trials. I mean, in my point of view it's obvious this anime has been made to not last long.

Pokémon is a multi-media franchise so everything has to line up with each other.
If M21 is going to debut a gen 8 mon then that means that the staff at OLM already know what's up, and if they're dragging the pace while knowing as much than that speaks volumes.

We have seen almost all of the new pokemon. We only miss:
Dartrix;
Vikavolt;
Stufful;
Mudsdale;
Dewpider & Araquanid;
Tsareena;
Golisopod;
Minior;
UBs.

We know probably Rowlet will not evolve because we saw it in its base form with Incineroar on the leaked artwork. This is what usually happen to funny pokemon in the anime anyway (Piplup; Oshawott).
This time Ash didn't catch the regional bird as he always did, he has no rival to fight. He will probably get Poipole but I don't think we are gonna see a Pokemon League arc this time. The league is built after s/m plot for the first time and the anime doesn't seem to follow the trials like the game. So how is Ash supposed to enter the league this time? Cause there are no badges and he just did 3 trials. I mean, in my point of view it's obvious this anime has been made to not last long.

However, that was game artwork, since neither Ash nor Mallow have Popplio.

Masked Royal was referenced in the anime, long before the Masked Royal showed up (Pointed out to me), just like it was said that Kukui wants to build a league (Why take the bother to let Kukui mention it if there is no intention to further expand on that sentence). The Masked Royal reference and then the Masked Royal showing up episodes/months later is an indication that if something is mention, it happens. Ilima's return so late/halfway into the series instead of early on is also highly suspicious, since i kinda have a feeling Ilima might become a Conway like rival for Ash (We don't know he does Badge Quest/Trial run) before he shows up at the league (Granted, they can mention it in one of his episodes, but still). And then there is Hala evolving his Crabrawler (He is a first Kahuna, so imo, he isn't supposed to have an all out fully evolved team, because that would make him too OP), so its possible they are setting Hala up becoming an E4 member.

The thing is, while Pokemon is a multimedia franchise many of its forms have a falling off period closer to the end of the year. Things could be announced anytime of course, but many of the merch listings as well as the tcg expansions end just before the fall or just into the fall. Ultra Necrozma/UB merch and such ends around that time as well. They're very quickly running out of things to push without being redundant. After the Summer there's nothing specifically hinted to be important and given that Zeraora will likely be in the movie and they've been pretty heavy handed with the Eevee merch it seems like we'll be getting the last mythical of gen 7 and an Eeveelution in the movie. On top of that the loosey goosey nature of the current anime lends very well to rapid speed ups and slow downs. Since other than the trials and the AF arc (which was rushed anyway) there isn't a full on story to keep track of so they can really have a lot of room to move at whatever pace is necessary. Things could very well speed back up in the run up to the movie. I mean they did all of Akala island in the span of a month and a half. On top of that people keep assuming Ash needs a full team like he's had in older seasons. The whole theme of this season is that he's on vacation. So him not taking part in a proper league and getting a full team of 6 really sin't the end of the world. Again sure things could be announced and the anime could slow down to a snails pace, but it feels weird that they rushed a major plot like the AF just to realize they have a lot more time. I don't think they can stretch the gen 7 stuff out until next fall. It just doesn't seems feasible. Especially since we're already starting to burn through even USUM stuff franchise wide now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom