• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know something recently popped into my head and it has me wondering, if we have data on Zerora in the game do we have any data on what its Z-move is supposed to be, I mean would they release Zerora with out a Z-move, unless he is actully supposed to have something to do with the new Gen 8 mechanic.
It has a new signature move, Plasma Fists. Most Mythicals aren't really that closely tied to new mechanics, honestly. Celebi wasn't Dark or Steel, Deoxys just has the ability Pressure like a lot of other legendaries, Hoopa and Volcanion don't Mega Evolve, and Magearna doesn't have a Z-Move. (And that's skipping over Gen 4/5, which don't really have mechanics that you can show off)

The real question is why Magearna was distributed early, with no other distribution later on. This limits how many distributions they can associate to the movies. Since the fourth gen, they always had three things to distribute, even if the gen lasted longer than that. If Zeraora was their plan all along, they had three, but they decided to do Magearna right away, but unlike Victini, they didn't do it again. (even though it has a second form that also hasn't been distributed at this point) If their plan was to purposely leave a year open for them to purely promote a new gen, I wonder why they decided to do that now unless it was to not repeat what happened with Volcanion, where they had to promote the last mythical alongside a new gen. In order to compensate, they revealed Volcanion earlier, but it still wouldn't get much usage before a new gen would start. The Mythicals may not matter to us, but I think they do to them. I don't know if this is their intention or not, though. If it is, then it should've been a foregone conclusion we won't get anything this year, but they do at least owe us an update, but they can take their time with that. If it isn't, then I wonder why in the world they decided this Mythical doesn't matter and are practically forcing gen 8 instead.

The real question is why Magearna was distributed early, with no other distribution later on. This limits how many distributions they can associate to the movies. Since the fourth gen, they always had three things to distribute, even if the gen lasted longer than that. If Zeraora was their plan all along, they had three, but they decided to do Magearna right away, but unlike Victini, they didn't do it again. (even though it has a second form that also hasn't been distributed at this point) If their plan was to purposely leave a year open for them to purely promote a new gen, I wonder why they decided to do that now unless it was to not repeat what happened with Volcanion, where they had to promote the last mythical alongside a new gen. In order to compensate, they revealed Volcanion earlier, but it still wouldn't get much usage before a new gen would start. The Mythicals may not matter to us, but I think they do to them. I don't know if this is their intention or not, though. If it is, then it should've been a foregone conclusion we won't get anything this year, but they do at least owe us an update, but they can take their time with that. If it isn't, then I wonder why in the world they decided this Mythical doesn't matter and are practically forcing gen 8 instead.
It's not that easy. Don't forget that they decided to put Zeraora in UsUm after 5 months from the announcement of Pokemon on switch. This means that whatever they wanted to do with Zeraora they knew it wouldn't have interefered with gen 8 being released in 2018 or in 2019 because the games were listed as "2018 or later" since the beginning. We don't know what are GF plans for Zeraora, this is why we should not assume anything at all.

I only expect Zeraora to be in the new movie as the 2nd Mythical for the current gen with the difference that its reveal was delayed. I don't think it would be found through USUM's datamining if it was related with the next gen. But I agree that we cannot rule out any possibility yet since GF has handled this gen quite differently as a whole.

https://i.********/vp/1520190342169.jpg

Either an extremely skilled troll went to the trouble of creating a figurine to represent their fakemon, or the water starter for Gen 8 is finished and receiving merchandise very soon.

So I'm curious what do people think about the "upcoming surprises leak". It is pretty short, doesn't have a lot of info and the stuff that it does have seems to be relatively safe, like Eevee getting a new evolution, and that we haven't figured out where the new region is based on, the only thing that really seems unsafe is saying that one of the starter leaks that was supposed to be false is actually real. Usually when it comes to leaks people tend to go balls to the walls out there, but this one seems so tame that it actually makes it more believable.

Also if it does turn out to be true that one of the starter leaks which was supposed to be fake was actually real which one would you expect it to be, personally I'm kinda torn on the platypus, bunny and lemur leak since I like their designs the most, but if that is true then you can't even trust the people who do say that they made them and put them up.

https://i.********/vp/1520190342169.jpg

Either an extremely skilled troll went to the trouble of creating a figurine to represent their fakemon, or the water starter for Gen 8 is finished and receiving merchandise very soon.
There's literally modeling clay equipment right behind the figure. The wooden tool is what you use to etch designs into the clay.

This is fan-made. But not the real starter. Unfortunately.

I notice that people keep saying that Zeraora has to be released before the next gen is announced or at the same time but we literally got Volcanion months after Sun and Moon were announced- I really don't think it would be a surprise if we get a new game announcement well before Zeraora is released, as running late with releasing legendaries and mythicals seems to be a thing.

I notice that people keep saying that Zeraora has to be released before the next gen is announced or at the same time but we literally got Volcanion months after Sun and Moon were announced- I really don't think it would be a surprise if we get a new game announcement well before Zeraora is released, as running late with releasing legendaries and mythicals seems to be a thing.
...? No, we didn't?

Volcanion was announced in December 2015 and SM were announced in February 2016.

There's literally modeling clay equipment right behind the figure. The wooden tool is what you use to etch designs into the clay.

This is fan-made. But not the real starter. Unfortunately.

I am kind of hoping it is real though.

Such an adorable Platypus Pokemon has no business being a fakemon on the internet. That design is way too good to be wasted by a troll.

Yeah no Zeraora doesn't have to be released before the Switch game gets announced, but it certainly should be revealed before. Otherwise it just doesn't make much sense.

So I'm curious what do people think about the "upcoming surprises leak". It is pretty short, doesn't have a lot of info and the stuff that it does have seems to be relatively safe, like Eevee getting a new evolution, and that we haven't figured out where the new region is based on, the only thing that really seems unsafe is saying that one of the starter leaks that was supposed to be false is actually real. Usually when it comes to leaks people tend to go balls to the walls out there, but this one seems so tame that it actually makes it more believable.

Also if it does turn out to be true that one of the starter leaks which was supposed to be fake was actually real which one would you expect it to be, personally I'm kinda torn on the platypus, bunny and lemur leak since I like their designs the most, but if that is true then you can't even trust the people who do say that they made them and put them up.
What is that leak? Can you link it please?

Sounds like just speculation-that user says "BUT These 3 COULD Match Past, Present, and Future LEAK - If that Lizard turns to a Dragon. "

They're quoting a post here-
/vp/ - Upcoming Surprises - Pokémon - 4chan

But all that "leak" consists of is responses to already existing leaks and theories.
It's this one @dCraw

If that was the case, I feel like the platypus, lemur, bunny leak would be the least likely since the artist has provided plenty of proof for that one. At the same time, though, it also feels like the most likely since it best matches the pokemon art style. The only other one that fits the art style remotely well is the unclaimed one with the giraffe and tapir, and aside from the reasons that other people have given for that being fake, I'mma call it just based on color choice- starters are usually pretty bright and colorful, but these range from washed out to too dark to just plain dull.

Other than that, safe bets don't make for a very good leak.

All in all- I don't buy the upcoming surprises leak one bit. XD

You know what's weird? When I looks at the art for the lemur, bunny, and platy then look at their evolutions, I can't help but notice the artstyle's inconsistent. It's like after he admitted to the first 3, he stopped putting as much effort into the art for the evos, and now they look more fanarty then official looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom