• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that we wouldn't hear anything about Pokemon switch in the direct, but with the way journalists/insiders have been hyping the direct today, i think it's fair to set expectations higher. I'm still not expecting anything but I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement for a Pokemon direct, or a title drop

About the Anime...it's not like they make an episode the week before it airs, let's be clear. If Pokemon on Switch is meant to be released this year, the anime will end somehow. This said, basically UBs, Acerola, Nanu, Hapu and Mina are the only things left. Don't you think 8-9 months would be enough, considering that s/m main plot was released in, like, 4 episodes?

I was thinking that we wouldn't hear anything about Pokemon switch in the direct, but with the way journalists/insiders have been hyping the direct today, i think it's fair to set expectations higher. I'm still not expecting anything but I wouldn't be surprised if we got an announcement for a Pokemon direct, or a title drop
it will be something like FE or smash, it doesn't have to be pokemon.

They're concerned about other properties. The media never gets excited about pokemon. Just us.

They don't know what they're talking about. Trading is still a fundamental part of pokemon, and that is more what multiple versions exist for than anything else.
Would you really care? I mean, trading will still be a thing. Just version exclusives would disappear. Is it really that important? I mean, those were a thing when GTS didn't exist, now you put an alola ninetails on the gts and the second after you have the alola sandslash. It's not like you have to go out and meet people to have VE pokemon.

I like that idea, since its a console title and all the other Switch games seem to have seperate saves per user. I was planning on just sharing one game and save file with my girlfriend because she doesn’t have a Switch, but that way we’d both be able to have files- I wonder if they’d make a way to trade between files on the same console, or (?!?) have multiplayer that only requires one game card and one system?? I’ll be thrilled if this is the case.

I like that idea, since its a console title and all the other Switch games seem to have seperate saves per user. I was planning on just sharing one game and save file with my girlfriend because she doesn’t have a Switch, but that way we’d both be able to have files- I wonder if they’d make a way to trade between files on the same console, or (?!?) have multiplayer that only requires one game card and one system?? I’ll be thrilled if this is the case.
Would honestly be the biggest breakthrough in Pokemon history TBH

Anyway, we'll know whether or not this direct was something to pay attention to in 3 hours.

Ultimately I think we're just as likely to get something here as we are to get nothing. I think this direct is going to contain the "Switch sellers" that Nintendo needs to meet their sales goals. But on the other hand, it's possible GF doesn't want to compete for airtime with the likes of Fire Emblem and potentially smash. This definitely feels like a big Direct but I'm still not willing to put my money down on it having anything related to Pokemon Switch.

One version basically destroys the meaning of trading though (I mean, if you only have one version, then surely Pokebank is gonna be a thing, so you can just can get the Pokemon in the other games via Bank). Only the new players will trade, but even then its not a guarantee they are getting the Pokemon they want because its only one version and if you can have multiple save files, whats stopping you from trading the trade evolutions between those save files and back.

One version basically destroys the meaning of trading though (I mean, if you only have one version, then surely Pokebank is gonna be a thing, so you can just can get the Pokemon in the other games via Bank). Only the new players will trade, but even then its not a guarantee they are getting the Pokemon they want because its only one version and if you can have multiple save files, whats stopping you from trading the trade evolutions between those save files and back.
If the rumor about multiple versions of the same pokemon is true, than basically trade would still be a thing. I mean there are a lot of ways they can replace VE with.
Imo the lack of two versions will not be a big deal.

About the Anime...it's not like they make an episode the week before it airs, let's be clear. If Pokemon on Switch is meant to be released this year, the anime will end somehow. This said, basically UBs, Acerola, Nanu, Hapu and Mina are the only things left. Don't you think 8-9 months would be enough, considering that s/m main plot was released in, like, 4 episodes?
Just wanted to clarify that they rushed through the SM story because nearly all of it was omitted in USUM which is what they're focusing on and then there's the endless filler they can do.
That said we can never forget Best Wishes were the staff wasn't told about BW2 and we saw what happened there.

Just wanted to clarify that they rushed through the SM story because nearly all of it was omitted in USUM which is what they're focusing on and then there's the endless filler they can do.
That said we can never forget Best Wishes were the staff wasn't told about BW2 and we saw what happened there.
Ok, but do you really believe that the UsUm plot can go on for a year and a half while it has already started like two months ago? And no, there will not be a League this time cause there's no pattern to be admitted in: no badges, no trials captains, nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom