• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alola is shown to be a lot smaller than other regions, I know real world geographical size is irrelevant (NYC is not a similar size to France) but its shown that Ash and co can get to pretty much anywhere in the region and back, within a day. Whereas previously some areas took weeks/months of travelling to reach in other regions.

So with Alola being so much smaller it'd make sense for it's league to be a lot smaller.

Also of note- if there is a league arc, it's almost guaranteed to be short because a newly started league isn't going to have a ton of seasoned competitors aiming to win it. Ash probably wouldn't even need a full team because Alola has no real current battle culture- barely anyone has a fighting pokemon, let alone a team to fight with.

This anime is not like the others. The others were based on Ash journey to the League. You should not assume that we will see a League arc just because the League was mentioned 3 times in 2 years. This is not Ash going to the League, this is Ash in vacation. Maybe they will build a League after Ash has left. Maybe a League will be built and Ash will join it in 3 episodes. Maybe we will never see the Alola League. What I'm saying, again, is that this time, for the first time in 20 years the anime is not focused on Ash going to the League. Just don't expect it to happen cause I don't see any real hint to it. It's definitely something the anime can leave without.

Fair enough. As I said before I'm not ruling out the fact that we might not see a league at the end. After all, I wasn't expecting a league when the series started given its different premise but I believe the odds right now are higher than before.

Man do they just do a reboot once every 3 gens? First it was 3 then 5 and now 8(?) The word reboot means nothing unless they're getting rid of a bunch of filler pokemon no one likes.

(Livdisc,delibird, quilfish, dunsparce etc.)

Well I don't think it's entirely unlikely. XD

Also apparently we're getting about 30 minutes worth of game news so Pokemon very well could be in there. Fingers crossed, because even just game titles would help us weed out a bunch of leaks.

Don't get your hopes up, guys, this is mostly likely nothing more significant than the reveal of Zeraora.

The pacing of the anime very strongly suggests we won't be seeing the games until 2019.

I've seen the 3D model art of Zeraora before. Fake.

Last post before the direct. Let's see. Fingers crossed.

Don't get your hopes up, guys, this is mostly likely nothing more significant than the reveal of Zeraora.

The pacing of the anime very strongly suggests we won't be seeing the games until 2019.
They'd have to be revealing it for the upcoming Pokken game, then, since this Direct is focused on upcoming titles.

Also the anime's pace randomly jumps, so I wouldn't call it indicative. XD They easily knock out a major plot point in a couple episodes and then go back to filler.

I mean mega is riding on safe info, Mario tennis and sushi strikers and their box covers leaked last night, and the Mario DLC leaked a month ago, he’s riding on safe info + his insane Pokémon theories.

We will find out soon to see if he is credible with his pokken theory. He still believes that there’s a new eevee evolution in this new movie as well.

Nothing major has been revealed yet, other than Kirby game.

Well now they’re showing off Mario Tennis Aces, which seems to be the reason for this direct. Hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom