• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waiting around for Monday-Tuesday Corocoro leaks be like

ill-just-wait-here.jpg

Days always go by more slowly when you're waiting for something to happen.

What if what we get in Corocoro turns out to he actually nothing? I'm really honestly getting sick of nothing. I'm spoiled because have gotten something in the early months for the last 3 or 4 gens, so gor nothing to come yet is tiresome.

The early info usually circles around what shows up in the movies. X and Y was the only exception because they decided to reveal it first before any other info.

Days always go by more slowly when you're waiting for something to happen.

What if what we get in Corocoro turns out to he actually nothing? I'm really honestly getting sick of nothing. I'm spoiled because have gotten something in the early months for the last 3 or 4 gens, so gor nothing to come yet is tiresome.

The difference here is that we may actually get something that somehow relates to the near future of Pokemon. Whatever it is about Lugia, it'll more than likely apply to the Switch game, be it a new form, mechanic, whatever. They might even reveal Zeraora along with Lugia's "scoop", IIRC Marshadow was officially revealed on Corocoro before it was revealed to the rest of the world.

The difference here is that we may actually get something that somehow relates to the near future of Pokemon. Whatever it is about Lugia, it'll more than likely apply to the Switch game, be it a new form, mechanic, whatever. They might even reveal Zeraora along with Lugia's "scoop", IIRC Marshadow was officially revealed on Corocoro before it was revealed to the rest of the world.
Right. I'm definitely hoping for something, but if it's nothing, I'll be highly disappointed.

Also, I'd really love for Zeraora to be released finally. Shit man, I already have one, but I wanna see its official art.

It'll likely be about a special distribution to coincide with the movie like they did with Ho-Oh last year
Pikachu, but it's the same idea.

Defiant said:
Lugia is already being distributed in November. A release in July as well would be a bit redundant.
Except that the November distribution has nothing to do with Japan.

Keep in mind Marshadow was revealed officially in April. April has a history of being another big month for the movie. If the special guest star isn't shown in February then it's usually shown in April. Case in point being Marshadow or before that during the run up to XY M Mewtwo Y. This time is tricky since we're at the end of a gen and still don't have the final mythical. And yet we know at least one star will be Lugia. So either the only trick to the movie will be Zeraora or there's something off going on. I stil think we'll see a new Eeveelution, but I'm sure it'll be in a minor role. Lugia and Zeraora will likely be the main stars. (As long as they don't make Zeraora suffer the same fate as Marshadow lol) I'm not sure there'll be enough room for another Pokemon or a new form necessarily if we get a new Eeveelution. As it stands now we'll likely have Lugia, Zeraora, maybe a new Eeveelution, and possibly the legendary birds. That's a lot to have in a single movie. If they add a new form for Lugia or otherwise I'd say things would get a little crowded. So I think the Lugia scoop will likely just end up being a presale event and its involvement in the movie. Of course maybe I'm wrong tho. We'll find out decently soon I suppose.

It'll likely be about a special distribution to coincide with the movie like they did with Ho-Oh last year
Ho-od didn't have any scoop. The distribution was just announced in corocoro. This time Lugia has something different. They even suggested to keep an eye on it during the all year. I mean, I'm not saying that Lugia has something related to the switch titles for sure, but it cannot be considered like Ho-oh who was shown in the first teaser trailer in December and in the first poster. There's something weird with Lugia, don't know exactly what is it but even if the new games will be released in 2019, its movie is the port to gen 8.

Maybe they are simply not rushing to announce the games? As people mentioned before, nothing really was announced for Sun/Moon until May. Maybe they are waiting to reveal the titles and the starters/box legends at the same time like they did with X/Y

Also April is fairly significant... April is when they revealed Mega Mewtwo and April is when they (officially) revealed Hoopa Unbound so if Lugia has a form or something special, it will be in this corocoro

Ho-od didn't have any scoop. The distribution was just announced in corocoro. This time Lugia has something different. They even suggested to keep an eye on it during the all year. I mean, I'm not saying that Lugia has something related to the switch titles for sure, but it cannot be considered like Ho-oh who was shown in the first teaser trailer in December and in the first poster. There's something weird with Lugia, don't know exactly what is it but even if the new games will be released in 2019, its movie is the port to gen 8.
If I recall, they did say something similar about Ho-Oh but all that came out of that was the plot+ a giveaway.
All I'm expecting is its role in the movie.

Maybe they are simply not rushing to announce the games? As people mentioned before, nothing really was announced for Sun/Moon until May. Maybe they are waiting to reveal the titles and the starters/box legends at the same time like they did with X/Y

Also April is fairly significant... April is when they revealed Mega Mewtwo and April is when they (officially) revealed Hoopa Unbound so if Lugia has a form or something special, it will be in this corocoro
Now, the scoop on Lugia must not be taken litterally. I mean I've seen corocoro scoops being something completly different from what they promised or being absolutly nothing.
A Lugia scoop can be: "Look! Lugia has an enemy/friend: Zeraora", "Look! Lugia can control the wind and eevee likes it", "Look, Lugia is under control of an evil team and is destroying a city", "Look! Lugia can fly". These are some of the possible corocoro scoops. Now, assuming that something is going to be revealed in Corocoro, open your mind to the fantastic world of corocoro attempts to be appealing to its readers.

Even if it was true that they weren't rushing to announce the game doesn't it still make sense to reveal Zeraora more than a month before announcing the new game? If the game is coming this year wouldn't it make more sense to reveal Zeraora earlier rather than later to give it's own time in the spotlight?

If I recall, they did say something similar about Ho-Oh but all that came out of that was the plot+ a giveaway.
All I'm expecting is its role in the movie.
I checked all the corocoro scans from december 2016 to July 2017:

December to March: nothing.
April: "In this issue, it revealed that a special distribution for Ho-Oh is to hit Japan later this year. At the moment, details on level and moves have yet to be revealed, being "under investigation" by the magazine."
May:"In this, it showcases new artwork from the movie as well as the rundown of the characters from the previous reveal. However, in it it does promise that, during next month's issue of CoroCoro, due for release on June 15th 2017, they will reveal shocking information about Marshadow. At time of writing, no information has officially been given about Marshadow's signature Z-Move, so it could potentially be referring to this.".
June: "In this issue, it confirms that Marshadow will be distributed with the movie on July 15th 2017 in Japan. It also reveals the first artwork for Marshadow's appearance when it uses its special moves, as well as the first official look at its Z-Move, Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike, which is available through the Z-Crystal that comes with the distribution of Marshadow. It also reconfirms the Ho-Oh distribution happening via Serial Code in the magazine next month. We'll bring more as it comes"
July: "This reveals the full details of the upcoming Ho-Oh event which is distributed within this issue through serial codes that can be redeemed in Japanese games. It is Level 100 with the ability Pressure. It has the moves Sacred Fire, Brave Bird, Recover and Safeguard. It holds the Sacred Ash.

This is everything corocoro had about Ho-oh and Marshadow. Can we agree that Lugia has been covered differently?

Mythicals should definitely be DLC. I'd love to be able to go back to the Gen 4 system where we could get an item and go catch them ourselves. It feels so much more like an achievement than someone just handing you one of the rarest Pokemon existence, like it was a common potion.
Agree. Unlocking an in-game event where you have to catch it yourself is superior to just randomly receiving it from the delivery guy. Plus, you get to choose the type of ball for it :)

And you get to name it! My favorite mythical I ever had was Clyde, the Victini I caught in my Japanese copy of White, entirely because I got to name it. I really appreciated that the QR code Magearna allowed you to name it as well, and was disappointed when they didn’t do that for Marshadow and the other giveaways they have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom