• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow. That's jumping to coclusions really fast.

Maybe, but the fact is if there was something big in the issue there would at least be a silhouette or teaser on the cover. They wouldn't say nothing. And again if there are examples of this happening in the past then fine I'd be more than happy to retract what I've said, but just because CoroCoro teased something last month doesn't mean it'll be the "something" we want. It's tantamount to Pokenchi saying there will be something. Sure it's very possible they might have something, but at the same time unless all factors line up with the news making sense then people are jumping to conclusions that anything will happen in the first place. Again we'll have to wait and see, but if nothing is on the cover to even tease a small amount it doesn't look good. If Zeraora was in it they'd give a silhouette. If it was something different then there would be a teaser. I'd rather not get myself all hyped up over nothing is all. Someone has to be the debbie downer and I guess this time around I'm taking that mantle up haha

Was posted by someone called mega Pokemon XY is the Japanese accurate?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-10-22-53-34.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-10-22-53-34.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 73
I will say that this year looks to be an odd one no matter what happens. On one hand if the game does come out this year they're waiting an extremely long time to reveal it plus the fact that they haven't shown Zeraora yet is very odd too. On the other hand if the game doesn't come out this year they'll have a pretty decent gap as far as content and merch to fill. It's gonna be a weird year regardless hahaha

Maybe, but the fact is if there was something big in the issue there would at least be a silhouette or teaser on the cover. They wouldn't say nothing. And again if there are examples of this happening in the past then fine I'd be more than happy to retract what I've said, but just because CoroCoro teased something last month doesn't mean it'll be the "something" we want. It's tantamount to Pokenchi saying there will be something. Sure it's very possible they might have something, but at the same time unless all factors line up with the news making sense then people are jumping to conclusions that anything will happen in the first place. Again we'll have to wait and see, but if nothing is on the cover to even tease a small amount it doesn't look good. If Zeraora was in it they'd give a silhouette. If it was something different then there would be a teaser. I'd rather not get myself all hyped up over nothing is all. Someone has to be the debbie downer and I guess this time around I'm taking that mantle up haha

I'm sorry to say this, but there comes a point to where being a "Debbie Downer" consistently gets kind of annoying. Laughing about it doesn't really help either. Being a pessimist all the time is just as bad as over-hyping things. And Joker was right, you are jumping to conclusions too fast about this issue of Corocoro; Paul even said that nothing on the cover doesn' mean anything, and Serebii will tell you and I the exact same thing.

Just wait until the scans themselves show up, ok?

I'm sorry to say this, but there comes a point to where being a "Debbie Downer" consistently gets kind of annoying. Laughing about it doesn't really help either. Being a pessimist all the time is just as bad as over-hyping things. And Joker was right, you are jumping to conclusions too fast about this issue of Corocoro; Paul even said that nothing on the cover doesn' mean anything, and Serebii will tell you and I the exact same thing.

Just wait until the scans themselves show up, ok?

One man's pessimism is another's realism...

If we write it off as that, why bother sticking around here? XD It's more interesting to believe that they might make the proposed 2018 deadline, if nothing else.

Well, because I like to be in touch with recent news and the "what if's".
I'm the first one who tries to points things out (that Direct stuff for example) but everything is not looking very good for a 2018 release. Is not just thinking it is impossible, is just slowly acepting that maybe the games won't be released this year.

If I get surprised later on it would be great but for now I just manage my expectations accordingly. Never intented to say "we all should do the same" so sorry if it was misunderstood.

EDIT: And actually I'm quite interested in Corocoro, even if cover shows nothing. And I also believe Lisa's Eevee will evolve into a new eevolution. Black and white are not the only zones one can be :p

We have not seen anything yet! My god....We have a Lugia scoop. Maybe it's not zeraora, so what? The games are 2019 for sure now? Each time the same story...

Maybe. Maybe not. Question: why does everyone want it out now instead of next year? We just got a game less than six months ago... 2019 won't hurt anyone. Having a gap year is good

Maybe. Maybe not. Question: why does everyone want it out now instead of next year? We just got a game less than six months ago... 2019 won't hurt anyone. Having a gap year is good
No, sorry, maybe it's the opposite. Why can't people accept that the games are listed as 2018 or later? Why people cannot accept the official statement from GF and Nintendo?
2018 or later: realism
2019 because of this because of that: pessimism
2018 because of this because of that: optimism

So until I see 2019 on the list the games will remain 2018 or later for me, ok?

I don't understand why anyone wants a 2019 release- that doesn't guarantee anything in the quality of the games. It doesn't mean that they will have "taken their time with it" any more than if it does release in 2018. They said 2018 or later, which means that they thought that they might make the 2018 deadline. In all likelihood, they're still going to try to aim for that, and it probably won't make any difference if they miss it. They're not going to go "Welp, we missed 2018, let's slow down and take another year on this."

I can understand accepting that a 2019 release is possible, but I don't understand actively wanting it.

Personally- USUM wasn't worth buying for me. I'd like to move on and have it confirmed whether or not regional variants are going to make a return. I'd also like to see that ultra beasts don't make a return. I'd like to see new eeveelutions and new pokemon.

And as someone who runs a pokemon art/roleplay group... I'd like to see if the new games can revive interest in the franchise because on that end, it's gotten kinda dead.

I'm not saying we'll get nothing at all this year. The opposite in fact. I think this year will be filled with gen 8 news. I just think people are thinking it'll be like all the other years when in fact it's already shaping up to not be. I think the news will start rolling out in June and while that doesn't mean they games can't come out this year it also doesn't seem as likely as if they were announced last month. It's in Nintendo and TPC's best interest to use the most time they can to promote the new games. So it logically doesn't make sense to announce in say June and release by November. People act like the month or two of silence is a black hole where nothing happens after the initial reveal. They likely do that on purpose. The lack of immediate news makes us want it all the more. Sort of like what it's doing to us now. The fact that we have filled 316 pages of speculation means that even just an acknowledgement of the game existing is enough to get people excited. So the longer they draw out news the better for them. And for the record I don't want the game to come out next year necessarily. I'm just trying to be realistic. And again if I'm wrong I'm wrong and that's cool with me because then we'll get news sooner than I expected. I do think they meant to get it out this year and I do think there is still a small chance it could come out this year, but acting like "2018 or later" explicitly means it's gonna happen this year is as silly as saying it has to come out next year. Whatever happens will happen I guess. I'll try not to be such a downer, but considering the outrage that people went through during Pokemon day and sort of again during the direct I'd say a tiny bit of pessimism is necessary.

No, sorry, maybe it's the opposite. Why can't people accept that the games are listed as 2018 or later? Why people cannot accept the official statement from GF and Nintendo?

So until I see 2019 on the list the games will remain 2018 or later for me, ok?

See, that's the thing... the "or later" part. There is no guarantee it will be coming in 2018. Stranger things have happened, but we are ending Q1 of 2018 and it seems TCPI is taking their time this year. Which is fine. 2016-2017 was nonstop Pokemon promotions, with the mythical distributions, the 20th Anniversary, Pokemon Go, Sun and Moon and (USUM), the change in art style for the anime, and the TCG had some major things going on (I've been told, I don't play).

I am in the 2019 column, not because of pessimism but because it doesn't seem like TCPI is giving up information. As others have pointed out, there is (possibly) a Gen 7 Pokemon floating around and we don't know when it will be made official.

From a marketing standpoint, it makes sense to give themselves a year in between USUM and the Switch version. And that's okay. Gap years are okay, they're healthy. And the way a modern company like Nintendo and TCPI like to operate, they like to have a long promotional period, especially for a brand like Pokemon.

Sorry if this comes out as rude but — this is not true?
I mean, I agree that "2018 or later" is being realistic but I don't understand why I'm being pessimistic if there's nothing tangible pointing out 2018 as the release date aside this "2018 or later" thing; the same can be applied to 2019, of course.

Several people, different opinions. I wouldn't say an option or another is being "pessimistic" or "optimistic"; rather just different perceptions about the same thing lol.

If you want to believe in a 2018 I'm happy for you, really. But I don't get why I am pessimistic (or you are optimistic) just because I think the games won't be out till next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom