• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could do that without leaking five pokemon at a time, though. XD

Man, I’d love it if they’d have enough restraint to withhold like, half of the Pokemon lines from fans before the games were to come out- I think last time the only real surprise was Dhelmise, iirc? Which is such a massive shame, it would be so much more fun to have a good couple of completely unknown Pokemon evolutionary families. I know it had mixed popularity, but I loved the number and variety of Pokemon Gen V had, and also really enjoyed only seeing new ones pre- E4. I’ve found when if I catch and use my old favorites, I just end up with 4 or 5 Flygons that I don’t feel strongly about and aren’t very different from each other once I’ve finished the main storyline and imported all of my old teams.

Man, I’d love it if they’d have enough restraint to withhold like, half of the Pokemon lines from fans before the games were to come out- I think last time the only real surprise was Dhelmise, iirc? Which is such a massive shame, it would be so much more fun to have a good couple of completely unknown Pokemon evolutionary families. I know it had mixed popularity, but I loved the number and variety of Pokemon Gen V had, and also really enjoyed only seeing new ones pre- E4. I’ve found when if I catch and use my old favorites, I just end up with 4 or 5 Flygons that I don’t feel strongly about and aren’t very different from each other once I’ve finished the main storyline and imported all of my old teams.
Yeah if I recall right, pretty much all that was left by the time the demo was datamined was... Alolan Persian, Alolan Geodude line, Dhelmise, Pikipek's evos, Mareanie's line... and some UBs? Maybe Marshadow? It was a very small roster of pokemon that weren't officially leaked beforehand. And we actually got Mareanie leaked on a TCG box so... yeah, there wasn't much left to find.

Personally, I don't particularly care if Pokemon Switch ends up being 2018 or 2019, but I believe 2018 is more likely based on the little evidence and rumors we have.

Man, I’d love it if they’d have enough restraint to withhold like, half of the Pokemon lines from fans before the games were to come out-

Ugh same. I'm tired of them letting it all loose. I'd love to get a new game where I know at least less than half of the new mons, if not even less. Because there's no way I can actually avoid official spoilers for long enough. They gave away way too much the last couple gens.

Yeah if I recall right, pretty much all that was left by the time the demo was datamined was... Alolan Persian, Alolan Geodude line, Dhelmise, Pikipek's evos, Mareanie's line... and some UBs? Maybe Marshadow? It was a very small roster of pokemon that weren't officially leaked beforehand. And we actually got Mareanie leaked on a TCG box so... yeah, there wasn't much left to find.

I think the Dewpider line was also found in the datamine. I remember people her speculating if it was an UB or not before the release... but yeah there wasn’t much left to the imagination or to discover in the lead up. That’s one thing I did enjoy about USUM, seeing which past Gen Mons were hiding where, like Noibat

I think the Dewpider line was also found in the datamine. I remember people her speculating if it was an UB or not before the release... but yeah there wasn’t much left to the imagination or to discover in the lead up. That’s one thing I did enjoy about USUM, seeing which past Gen Mons were hiding where, like Noibat
Dewpider line, Mareanie line (Though Mareanie like said was on the Japanese box of SM TCG), Salazzle, Golisopod, Dhelmise, Cosmoem, Alolan Geodude line, Trumbeak and Tucannon and Marshadow.

EDIT: Forgot Celesteela and Kartana were featured in a Japanese one so thought I'd change that to prevent confusion.

Necrozma was in Corocoro but never featured in a trailer.

Last edited:
Dewpider line, Mareanie line (Though Mareanie like said was on the Japanese box of SM TCG), Salazzle, Golisopod, Dhelmise, Cosmoem, Alolan Geodude line, Trumbeak and Tucannon and Marshadow.

EDIT: Forgot Celesteela and Kartana were featured in a Japanese one so thought I'd change that to prevent confusion.

Necrozma was in Corocoro but never featured in a trailer.

I thought Salazzle was revealed in a trailer... but yeah that sounds about right

I think a late reveal with a shorter promotion period with 2018 release is as likely as an early 2019 release.
I've seen people here argue that Pokemon can hold its own and it’s sales will be unaffected by the release in the 'off-season'.

And I've also seen people throw around the argument that the promotion period will not be enough if the game is revealed late. So... Pokemon can maintain sales even after being released in off season, but it'll not be able to maintain sales if the promotion period is slightly small?
We didn’t get anything of substance a few months after SM's reveal, so I could see GameFreak revealing the game along with some gameplay later than usual.

If Pokemon can withstand off season, it can definitely withstand a shorter promotion season (specially since they do not reveal anything of substance in some cases for months, like SM).

I wouldn’t be angry or disappointed if the game does come out in 2019. I don’t care much about that but I don’t think 2018 should be ruled out just yet.

Last edited:
So if we are getting a switch pmd whats the most likely time that's announced.
Well, Spike-Chunsoft is going to be announcing 4 new games towards the end of this month with one "rumored" for the switch. Now they do make other games but we have to keep in mind that.

Super Mystery Dungeon I think was revealed in May or something.

Well, Spike-Chunsoft is going to be announcing 4 new games towards the end of this month with one "rumored" for the switch. Now they do make other games but we have to keep in mind that.

it was in june before E3 with reveal trailer in E3 itself

So if we are getting a switch pmd whats the most likely time that's announced.
i can see e3 reveal with october release since they might get smash for november and online game for september (paid online release)

Well I'm hoping for it, having partner Pokemon with the switch joy cons makes a perfect opportunity for playing in groups :D pmd was made for the switch

it was in june before E3 with reveal trailer in E3 itself
I just checked back on Serebii and it was May with the first footage being shown later that month in a direct before E3. Regardless of that (As that is not to important), the next 2 weeks and whatever the 4 game announcement is will be crucial on the 2018 VS 2019 argument.

I just checked back on Serebii and it was May with the first footage being shown later that month in a direct before E3. Regardless of that (As that is not to important), the next 2 weeks and whatever the 4 game announcement is will be crucial on the 2018 VS 2019 argument.
oh really? my bad than.

How likely is an announcement for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon for the switch ?

The series is typically fairly simplistic in visuals, wouldn’t that be better for the 3ds ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom