• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not just 187 new Pokemon 'not including legendaries'. The inclusion of Kanto, other regions as free DLC, Johto and Hoenn regional variants and a new type all sound way too unrealistic. Not that I would complain if this turned out to be real by some miracle, it just screams fake to me.
exactly. If they add old regions as DLC, means that no more remakes will be done. And we know - probably - that DP remake is underway, so... this is quite fake

Also: /vp/ - Pokémon direct 23/03/18 - Pokémon - 4chan
@lavandula the OP says he is in contact with you XD ... thing is, there is also another vp with a different date immediately after ahahah let's say random dates, yay

Last edited:
Well they promised last month that there would be something on Lugia this month so either it's not on the cover and they're really keeping it a secret (they didn't even show a silhouette or anything) or they just blatantly lied.

Well it's most likely the latter. CoroCoro is no stranger to trolling, where they hype up "big" news, only for the actual edition to contain nothing significant. Also, these days, CoroCoro is becoming less significant for Pokémon news. Whatever news all of us are yearning for will have to come from the Pokémon Company.

Primal red/Cyber blue sounds better than You & me ... (y) a third version should be named "Purple thing" :cool:

Well they promised last month that there would be something on Lugia this month so either it's not on the cover and they're really keeping it a secret (they didn't even show a silhouette or anything) or they just blatantly lied.

Well, the official site says that we’re getting details on ticket preorders, so the big scoop is probably either a Lugia distribution or lugia’s role in the movie. No Zeraora art/silhouette on the cover says that the odds of it being revealed in this issue are low.

Interesting, we just need to wait for the insides of the issue then..

This is what I see:
- People saying that a 2019 is kinda confirmed by a number of major events.
- People pointing out that the games are still listed as 2018 or later.

Why all this fight? I've said this thousands of times: It's not like we cannot see that we have nothing in our hands and it's March. It's not like we don't know that Zeraora is not out yet. We are all aware of it.
The difference is what you think after:
Realism: The games are still listed a 2018 or later, an announcement is possible.
Pessimism: We should not believe anything is gonna happen because it's too late for an announcement/smash/they are never gonna make it etc.

No one here is/shoud say/ing that 2018 is confirmed or even likely but it's with an official statement that we have/want to throw 2018 out of the window not just because it doesn't seem likely. We understand what you think. Can you understand our point of view?
my fight its i dont want old starters
NEW GEN NEW STARTERS i dont want unove ones or kanto ones i want new region ones if do you want put more old starters put for secondary choice por make your team more easily like in x y but the first choice its the most important foremost for me nothing less

my fight its i dont want old starters
NEW GEN NEW STARTERS i dont want unove ones or kanto ones i want new region ones if do you want put more old starters put for secondary choice por make your team more easily like in x y but the first choice its the most important foremost for me nothing less
I don't think anybody wants the old starters as the primary starter choice here.

It's not just 187 new Pokemon 'not including legendaries'. The inclusion of Kanto, other regions as free DLC, Johto and Hoenn regional variants and a new type all sound way too unrealistic. Not that I would complain if this turned out to be real by some miracle, it just screams fake to me.

I'm kinda curious though. If they kept Gen 7 graphics and 3D models for the Switch game, would all of that stuff in those tweets be able to happen? I'm not familiar with exactly how much the Switch is capable of.

well, technically yes, they can do all those things. I remember when they said "we don't make many new pokemon because we have problems balancing them for the vcg"...but if they change the battle system maybe make more pokemon is faster and easier.
Of course they have to make 187 new models and animations, they can do that (they did 800+ for xy) but when they jump into a new console they also have to do a lot of things, so maybe for the first switch game they will do less pokemon and more 3d resources and such. When they have a solid base, they can do more pokemon. BUT, the DLC region is plausible, their town are not towns like FFXV insomina, few buildings (like the Sun/Moon main town...2 streets and 10 buildings) so they can do that, but this would mean no more remakes for like 10/20 years...so i really doubt it. Making only kanto is ok, but all of them?

I'm kinda curious though. If they kept Gen 7 graphics and 3D models for the Switch game, would all of that stuff in those tweets be able to happen? I'm not familiar with exactly how much the Switch is capable of.
Let's say you can put all the 7 regions together, all the HD models of the 807 pokemon, triple battles and rotation battles and there'll be plenty of space to use.

Let's say you can put all the 7 regions together, all the HD models of the 807 pokemon, triple battles and rotation battles and there'll be plenty of space to use.

Holy shizah...

Imagine a singular game, titled Pokemon World.

Just an idea, would be really interesting if it were to happen.

If this is the matter, then I question where the idea that no one has the time for postgames went to. (Gamefreak has said this in the past)

Again I think people were putting too much stock into the Lugia scoop. It's not a scoop for us, but for the Japanese it is. It's not meant for us regardless of what it is. Also it'll leak. It just isn't the first thing the person posted. Likely due to how little of interest it is

Again I think people were putting too much stock into the Lugia scoop. It's not a scoop for us, but for the Japanese it is. It's not meant for us regardless of what it is. Also it'll leak. It just isn't the first thing the person posted. Likely due to how little of interest it is
Just because corocoro will talk about the distribution doesn't mean it doesn't have anything else in it. Even a small amount of informations about the movie or what is going to happen in the next months is good. I mean, do you really need to always assume the worst scenario?
- It's not a scoop for us, but for the Japanese
- Likely due to how little of interest it is
It's not like you know this, you choose to think this. And I'm ok with it, but I prefer to wait and see, ok?

What we should actually be looking forward to this month is the preview for what's coming next month. If something of interest is to be happening next month, they'll have a blurb about it in this current one.

Just because corocoro will talk about the distribution doesn't mean it doesn't have anything else in it. Even a small amount of informations about the movie or what is going to happen in the next months is good. I mean, do you really need to always assume the worst scenario?
- It's not a scoop for us, but for the Japanese
- Likely due to how little of interest it is
It's not like you know this, you choose to think this. And I'm ok with it, but I prefer to wait and see, ok?

If there was something bigger then there would be a teaser on the front cover. There always is. They do that to sell magazines. If people don't think there's anything in the issue then they won't buy. I don't always expect the worst case scenario, but in this case I'm positive. I think the best case scenario this morning that is we get a teaser for Zeraora for next month. And yes the magazine is exclusively for the Japanese. It's a Japanese magazine. They don't market it for the rest of world so no it's not for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom