• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there was something bigger then there would be a teaser on the front cover. There always is. They do that to sell magazines. If people don't think there's anything in the issue then they won't buy. I don't always expect the worst case scenario, but in this case I'm positive. I think the best case scenario this morning that is we get a teaser for Zeraora for next month. And yes the magazine is exclusively for the Japanese. It's a Japanese magazine. They don't market it for the rest of world so no it's not for us.
And wouldn't it be enough to have a tease to Zeraora?
Also, why Magearna(Tepig/Oshawott/Zoroark/Mega evolutions have been revealed on corocoro if it was just for the japanese? It's not like they are aliens, they are pokemon fans exactly like us. They may have exclusive distributions but everything else which is Pokemon related it's for us too.
Last month:
February 9:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/961900917422481414

February 13:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/963518109167554560

exactly. If they add old regions as DLC, means that no more remakes will be done. And we know - probably - that DP remake is underway, so... this is quite fake

Also: /vp/ - Pokémon direct 23/03/18 - Pokémon - 4chan
@lavandula the OP says he is in contact with you XD ... thing is, there is also another vp with a different date immediately after ahahah let's say random dates, yay
Heh, nothing here's from me.
And I don't really know any Italian guys.

well, technically yes, they can do all those things. I remember when they said "we don't make many new pokemon because we have problems balancing them for the vcg"...but if they change the battle system maybe make more pokemon is faster and easier.
Of course they have to make 187 new models and animations, they can do that (they did 800+ for xy) but when they jump into a new console they also have to do a lot of things, so maybe for the first switch game they will do less pokemon and more 3d resources and such. When they have a solid base, they can do more pokemon. BUT, the DLC region is plausible, their town are not towns like FFXV insomina, few buildings (like the Sun/Moon main town...2 streets and 10 buildings) so they can do that, but this would mean no more remakes for like 10/20 years...so i really doubt it. Making only kanto is ok, but all of them?
its "insomnia"

And wouldn't it be enough to have a tease to Zeraora?
Also, why Magearna(Tepig/Oshawott/Zoroark/Mega evolutions have been revealed on corocoro if it was just for the japanese? It's not like they are aliens, they are pokemon fans exactly like us. They may have exclusive distributions but everything else which is Pokemon related it's for us too.
Last month:
February 9:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/961900917422481414

February 13:

View: https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/status/963518109167554560

I know what they said, but you're acting like the magazine can't have a scoop without it being important tto he rest of the world. It's a Japanese magazine so on average most of it's stuff is going to be for the Japanese exclusively. If it's important enough like magearna or the starters then of course we'll hear about it too in an official capacity. Again when there's something significantly important they always tease it on the cover. If it's just an event or something then we don't get anything on the cover. That said I'm surprised they didn't at least have Lugia on the cover given that they'll talk about bit in relation to he movie. The point is you're acting like a magazine that is meant for Japanese eyes is meant for us all. If that was the case the magazine would be shipped worldwide in many different languages. An event that is exclusive to Japan is big enough to be called a scoop. Especially when it's in relation to the move. I do think we'll get a teaser for next month which will likely be for Zeraora, but other than that I don't see anything worth our immediate attention. We'll have to see. I may be completely wrong. I'll admit that, but acting like then saying there's a scoop means we'll get news worldwide is jumping to conclusions just as much as saying we'll get absolutely nothing.

I know what they said, but you're acting like the magazine can't have a scoop without it being important tto he rest of the world. It's a Japanese magazine so on average most of it's stuff is going to be for the Japanese exclusively. If it's important enough like magearna or the starters then of course we'll hear about it too in an official capacity. Again when there's something significantly important they always tease it on the cover. If it's just an event or something then we don't get anything on the cover. That said I'm surprised they didn't at least have Lugia on the cover given that they'll talk about bit in relation to he movie. The point is you're acting like a magazine that is meant for Japanese eyes is meant for us all. If that was the case the magazine would be shipped worldwide in many different languages. An event that is exclusive to Japan is big enough to be called a scoop. Especially when it's in relation to the move. I do think we'll get a teaser for next month which will likely be for Zeraora, but other than that I don't see anything worth our immediate attention. We'll have to see. I may be completely wrong. I'll admit that, but acting like then saying there's a scoop means we'll get news worldwide is jumping to conclusions just as much as saying we'll get absolutely nothing.
Sorry, but you are reading what you want to. I've never said I'm expecting something huge. Last month corocoro didn't have Lugia on the cover but it revealed Lugia to be in the movie, this month it could be the same. It could have something related to the movie or a tease to whatever is coming in the future.
About the Japanese restriction I was simply stating that just because the magazine is released in Japan doesn't mean that the stuff it reveals is for Japanese people only. I made a couple of examples of how in the past corocoro revealed important stuff related to pokemon that was meant to be for everyone, like the first pokemon of gen 7, and basically that probably gen 7 existed.
It's not the first time corocoro promises a scoop. In the past this kinda of scoops happened to be nothing but also happened to be something.
Here we're talking about you assuming that this scoop is nothing because you say so. It may be nothing but I want the scans to tell me that not you, ok?

Ho oh pre order was announced in April 2017

Lugia pre order maybe announced in March 2018

I'd like to remind everyone that whether something exciting or not shows up, they almost always take 2-3 days to leak all the info from the time they leak the cover. Patience, everybody stop jumping to conclusions on both ends of the argument.

I'd like to remind everyone that whether something exciting or not shows up, they almost always take 2-3 days to leak all the info from the time they leak the cover. Patience, everybody stop jumping to conclusions on both ends of the argument.

But if we can't jump to conclusions and then throw a temper tantrum because of our own confirmation bias, what good is this thread?

Then the thread is as good as dead. Try making a rap song out of that one.
f6c.jpg

They'll have to release Zeraora at some point. If it isn't for the movie, I wonder why they made that decision. Of course, they don't really need Coro Coro to announce such things.

Sorry, but you are reading what you want to. I've never said I'm expecting something huge. Last month corocoro didn't have Lugia on the cover but it revealed Lugia to be in the movie, this month it could be the same. It could have something related to the movie or a tease to whatever is coming in the future.
About the Japanese restriction I was simply stating that just because the magazine is released in Japan doesn't mean that the stuff it reveals is for Japanese people only. I made a couple of examples of how in the past corocoro revealed important stuff related to pokemon that was meant to be for everyone, like the first pokemon of gen 7, and basically that probably gen 7 existed.
It's not the first time corocoro promises a scoop. In the past this kinda of scoops happened to be nothing but also happened to be something.
Here we're talking about you assuming that this scoop is nothing because you say so. It may be nothing but I want the scans to tell me that not you, ok?

I have to side with Monster on this one, they're being realistic in saying that CoroCoro is geared towards a Japanese audience so a "big scoop" for them can have absolutely nothing to do with any of us across the lake. Their big news includes distributions that we never get access to, after all. You can't even really say that their pokemon reveals are for us, because they are intended for their Japanese readers- we get them on our end in a trailer around the time that CoroCoro is supposed to be released- no one is even supposed to have CoroCoro's info when we get it, because we're all getting early leaks of the magazine.

I'm also pretty sure that movie reveals have never... been particularly revealing, at least in recent years. I remember getting so tired of coverage of the last two movies because it was literally all movie plot. "Oh super exciting plot details." Meh. It's a Pokemon movie. Legendary does stuff and Ash is there- we know what's up by now. Sure, movies can reveal next gen pokemon and frequently do, but a "big scoop on lugia" isn't going to do that... a big scoop on the movie itself might, and a big scoop on a new pokemon definitely will.

You can hold your breath for big news, but I find Monster's view more a word of caution than pessimism- they're not wrong about movie scoops being unlikely to hold anything major. Regardless of how much they might be hyping lugia up this time around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom