• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying smash is bad, but it’s not a system seller. Just look at the Wii U

Not saying smash is bad, but it’s not a system seller. Just look at the Wii U
well to be fair it's biggest fighting game franchise, but yeah stil not big system seller as pokemon.

Oh yeah wanted to say this to you Riley. Earlier you mentioned that if the game had a battle system change, people will ditch the game and it'll fail, but now you're saying the game will fail if nothing's changed. Both arguments makes it seem like you think the game will fail either way. That's not just keeping your expectations low, that's just straight up being nihilistic.

As Jukain asked, What DO you want?
They need to have a balance between tradition and innovation. Going to the extremes will cause them to lose fans and will decrease sales.

They need to have a balance between tradition and innovation. Going to the extremes will cause them to lose fans and will decrease sales.
And how exactly do you accomplish that? You can't have innovation without change meaning tradition weighs out the innovation, and there really is no other way to do a "balanced" new at this point.

Thought something got announced because I was away for an hour, and it's literally another 6 pages of Riley arguing with everyone.

Not to be rude dude, but if you have nothing good and positive to say about the games and constructive to add to the conversations, other than "that won't happen, GF won't do that, the games will fail if XX happens, etc", then maybe this isn't the right forum for you.

Just because the franchise is moving to a console does not mean that there will be big changes.

I semi agree with this, but in the gameinformer interview with Masuda and Ohmori about the switch games, while they said to "not get hopes up" they also did acknowledge that these would be the first games on home console and they were aware of what that meant in terms of fan expectations and them facing a lot of pressure.

Based off of this I'd at least expect it to be in line with a traditional generational upgrade that we see whenever we switch hardwares. Just because the game doesn't have massive changes doesn't mean it'll be bad. Sun/Moon was anything but safe and they were the best received games the series has had in a while

I am not sure if that's what "standalone" even means, but regardless, it wasn't a hard prediction to make after Generation V.

And Marshadow is obviously not as important as this "leaker" thought. It isn't celestial at all.

Unless Marshadow's role was diminished with Necrozma being brought to the forefront in USUM? *shrugs*

Sun/Moon was anything but safe and they were the best received games the series has had in a while

SM also had one of, if not the most, strongest marketing campaings in the franchise, combined with PokéGO release.

Don't get me wrong, they would sell well anyway but I think those two factors should be taken more into account regarding if they were safe games or not.

SM also had one of, if not the most, strongest marketing campaings in the franchise, combined with PokéGO release.

Don't get me wrong, they would sell well anyway but I think those two factors should be taken more into account regarding if they were safe games or not.

I was referring more towards critical/fan reception than I was towards sales, but that is an excellent point that I didn't take into consideration.

/vp/ - Any validity to these claims? Pokemon North/South - Pokémon - 4chan

What do we think about this? A lot seems possible, maybe not the titles, but it was right about Alola being a standalone generation with no remakes.

It does sound... very possible to me. I mean, most of it is really reasonable and, uh... addressing this...

That seems promising but comes from a time where we believed Marshadow was the Rayquaza/Giratina of the duo (Necrozma wasn't a thing yet) so probably fake.

It may include Marshadow simply because we weren't given any details on Marshadow, not because it's part of a trio- we really don't have any backstory on Marshadow yet. We don't even fully know what Cosmog's deal is- Aether Foundation theorized that it's an ultra beast, but look at it. Does it really feel like an ultra beast? Stylistically, to me, it never felt like the rest. (Admittedly, I personally like to believe that it's a pokemon that radiates ultra energy just because it was given the god power to open ultra wormholes, buuut that's me...)

Meanwhile, we were given more background on Necrozma in USUM. There is significantly less mystery there.

I am not sure if that's what "standalone" even means, but regardless, it wasn't a hard prediction to make after Generation V.

And Marshadow is obviously not as important as this "leaker" thought. It isn't celestial at all.

It does have the Zenith Marshadow form, though. Which... definitions of zenith...
  • the time at which something is most powerful or successful.
  • the point in the sky or celestial sphere directly above an observer / the highest point reached by a celestial or other object.

That said, I don't know how I feel about a possible vermillion bird-inspired legendary when we already have Ho-oh? That seems redundant. And there's been no indication that Ho-oh or Lugia will receive new forms either- which, you'd think we'd have by now, with the movie and all.

Thought something got announced because I was away for an hour, and it's literally another 6 pages of Riley arguing with everyone.

Not to be rude dude, but if you have nothing good and positive to say about the games and constructive to add to the conversations, other than "that won't happen, GF won't do that, the games will fail if XX happens, etc", then maybe this isn't the right forum for you.
Yeah ikr. I was excited when I saw so many pages. Thought corocoro leak was actually worthwhile for once. :I

Anyway, I highly doubt Pokemon and Smash would end up eating each others sales. Even if they were to launch at the same time, they are vastly different games. And what's this consumers not caring about Pokemon? Well lets break them down. We have Nintendo fans who bought the Switch because it was the next Nintendo console. Most of them are likely Pokemon fans. And we have others who haven't played Pokemon before but bought the Switch due to the great marketing campaign. A lot of them will try out the new game because it is new to them. And finally, lets not forget how well Go did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom