• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8 Rumours/Fakes/Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost trust on CoroCoro..
wpid-trust-torn.png

Since CoroCoro was a bust and there is a good chance that we will be getting a Pokemon Direct soon, when do you think the Pokemon Direct will air. I'm honestly thinking the 23rd would be a safe bet.

when was sun and moon leaked and officially announced? anyone remember?

when was sun and moon leaked and officially announced? anyone remember?
It was announced in a February 26th(technically 27th in Japan) Pokémon Direct that was announced 2 days beforehand.The day before however the trademarks got leaked so we knew about the names "Sun & Moon".The actual reveal trailer got aired in May.

I highly doubt anything is happening this month.

Detective pikachu is there main focus

Again bear in mind that CoroCoro isn't technically for us westerners. It's for people that live in Japan. So for the people going to the movie and preordering their tickets a special Lugia is a scoop. If big stuff happens it'll be posted on other international media in addition to CoroCoro. If and when we get something worth talking about it'll likely come from TPC and GF directly rather than a Magazine specifically for those who live in Japan.Even Magearna who was in CoroCoro was officially announced worldwide when the magazine actually came out. So when big stuff happens it comes out in more than just CoroCoro

Also I wouldn't expect anything this month. Even if news is on the horizon it would have already been spoken about. Or at the very least they would have already told us it was coming. The next best time for news is next month. By the end of April we'll know for sure if anything significant is coming this year or not.

Hmmm...actually, I didn't consider that. While the 23rd is also the last day of GDC, it's also the day Detective Pikachu releases. I don't remember if they release info on another game just when one is being released. We're usually clear of any other releases when they do that. Well, that doesn't stop them from still releasing info anyway, as is their wont.

Looks like some people are questioning Lavandula's legitimacy on 4chan...for some reason.

That's because they're a bunch of idiots that'll hate on anyone and anything

I take exception of a few of those. Nothing is "leaked" if it comes through an officially released source. Pikipek wasn't "leaked" it was placed in the announcement trailer on purpose. Rockruff is the same. And the trademarks weren't "leaked" either. Trademarks are public knowledge. It's just that they get burred under tons of other trademarks and no one notices them sometimes until much later. A "leak" is when info gets out before it's supposed to. If GF or TPC put something out and had a Pokemon in it then that was on purpose. Not attacking you or anything I just don't think that pic is very correct in its wording haha

Last edited:
They can push Detective Pikachu all they want, but I don't think it's going to be an outstanding addition to the franchise... I'm kinda disappointed that it's even getting this much attention, considering how out of place it is in the midst of absolutely everything. Even more disappointed that that's what they decided to make the first live action pokemon movie about when we could have gotten an epic multi-part adventure through a region instead. But I guess, easier to take the script that's already made, even if it is a poor representation of the franchise.

They can push Detective Pikachu all they want, but I don't think it's going to be an outstanding addition to the franchise... I'm kinda disappointed that it's even getting this much attention, considering how out of place it is in the midst of absolutely everything. Even more disappointed that that's what they decided to make the first live action pokemon movie about when we could have gotten an epic multi-part adventure through a region instead. But I guess, easier to take the script that's already made, even if it is a poor representation of the franchise.
Wait,what does this have to do with Gen 8 and it's rumors?
Anyway,is there a chance for the games to not come out in 2018 if the eeveelution is getting revealed March/April?

Wait,what does this have to do with Gen 8 and it's rumors?
Anyway,is there a chance for the games to not come out in 2018 if the eeveelution is getting revealed March/April?
Oh I know it's out of place, it's just every time someone brings it up as being in the way of Gen 8 getting news, I die a little inside. =<

But yeah, there's a chance that the games may not come out in 2018, but that's really independent of the eeveelution reveal, because we could just simply get a shorter promotional period and come out in 2018 regardless.

Are we likely to get a pokken Blastoise DLC trailer before the 23rd as well ? The aegislash DLC got one so I’m curious as to why this DLC feels neglected.

That and the Spike Chunsoft announcement if they announce some PMD game seems to be the next big Pokémon date for us potentially to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom