• 4chan is an 18+ website, and as such we do not want to expose our underage users to that site.

You may post screen shots and text from 4chan, but direct linking to the site or its archival sites is not allowed.

Thanks.

• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Generation 8 Spin Off Games Speculation

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
The practical truth is that GO and Masters are your spin-off games now. Although I guess there is the Detective Pikachu sequel.
Yeah. It seems like TPCi is shifting spin-offs towards mobile, which makes sense since mobile games (or at least GO) are (is) insanely profitable while console spin-offs... aren’t.

I think the Detective Pikachu sequel will be the only console spin-off this gen, and perhaps a new one-time spin-off a la Conquest. I don’t think we’ll see another PMD considering the finality of Super and the fact that Spike Chunsoft didn’t even make Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon.

Uncertainty
Reaction score
Pokken probably has a better chance of getting a sequel than PMD does. They just need to add 10+ new characters.

#Shield
Reaction score
I wonder if they would be interested in making a platformer and some puzzling pokemon game. I think it may be cool. I don't want them to move to mobile only for spin offs.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Report: The Pokemon Company is More Interested in Mobile Monetization Than Nintendo

Shocker. Looks like TPC won't stop mobile spinoffs anytime soon.

I can't believe people thought Nintendo was pushing for Pokemon to go mobile, it's pretty obvious that this is a TPC specific problem and not a Nintendo problem. Really it's probably Creatures that's pushing for this because they're making the most money off the spinoffs.

Uncertainty
Reaction score
Really it's probably Creatures that's pushing for this because they're making the most money off the spinoffs.
How so? They aren't directly involved. This report seems to be about Mario Kart Tour and Masters more than anything else, too.

It's nice that Nintendo and DeNA are apparently not very greedy with Mario Kart Tour, but lest we forget that Fire Emblem Heroes is the pre-cursor to Masters.

Last edited: