• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Generation 8 Spin Off Games Speculation

RC821

Reaction score
I the light of the unveiling of Sword and Shield, it's time we speculate on the Gen 8 spin off games. Please be careful about various sites and sources. Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm going to bet against Snap and Ranger.

Ranger because Nintendo isn't putting touch screen only stuff on the Switch, and Snap because, I don't think people outside of the original's fanbase would care all that much.

As for what I actually expect a pmd game.

Last edited:
They did mention at the end of the Direct that they have more in the works for the Pokemon brand for 2019. So there's a possibility of a spin-off or two making its way this year.

We missed out with Gen 7, and I'm not a fan of the last two Mystery Dungeon games. But this spin-off is too good to sleep on.
I believe there were mostly mobile games from Gen6 to 7 that made it like Shuffle, the Magikarp one, and Pokemon Quest. Unless we count side content like Pokemon Art Academy.

Pokémon Conquest 2 or I walk!

Just kidding I’m still here but please take my money GF

Like I said in another thread, they could use it as tie-in with Samurai Warriors 5 or use characters from Dynasty Warriors this time. Sure, the Japanese name would be different (Pokémon + Romance of the Three Kingdoms), but I can see the translators calling it Pokémon Conquest 2.

I want a "Pokemon Warriors" game using the setting established in Pokemon Conquest.

I would love a remaster of the original Mystery Dungeon Red & Blue, just with new Pokémon of course and maybe some new post-game, but those games had an awesome, if somewhat short, story. They could even mix in some story from the sequels. I crave a good Mystery Dungeon game on the Switch.

At this time, I just want a new Ranger game. I'm not going to buy SwSh but I would appreciate a solid Pkmn game without Gyms, E4, catch them all Dex stuff and Pkballs and just have a nice scenery and be a full-time Ranger with the Soaring gameplay from ASOR mixed with LGEP's mechanic of also "flying" closer to the ground and be able to freely explore a underwater "sub-level" that reaches the entire region like the Underground in Sinnoh.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom