• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Generation 8 Spin Off Games Speculation

The practical truth is that GO and Masters are your spin-off games now. Although I guess there is the Detective Pikachu sequel.

Yeah. It seems like TPCi is shifting spin-offs towards mobile, which makes sense since mobile games (or at least GO) are (is) insanely profitable while console spin-offs... aren’t.

I think the Detective Pikachu sequel will be the only console spin-off this gen, and perhaps a new one-time spin-off a la Conquest. I don’t think we’ll see another PMD considering the finality of Super and the fact that Spike Chunsoft didn’t even make Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon.

I wonder if they would be interested in making a platformer and some puzzling pokemon game. I think it may be cool. I don't want them to move to mobile only for spin offs.

Report: The Pokemon Company is More Interested in Mobile Monetization Than Nintendo

Shocker. Looks like TPC won't stop mobile spinoffs anytime soon.

I can't believe people thought Nintendo was pushing for Pokemon to go mobile, it's pretty obvious that this is a TPC specific problem and not a Nintendo problem. Really it's probably Creatures that's pushing for this because they're making the most money off the spinoffs.

Really it's probably Creatures that's pushing for this because they're making the most money off the spinoffs.
How so? They aren't directly involved. This report seems to be about Mario Kart Tour and Masters more than anything else, too.

It's nice that Nintendo and DeNA are apparently not very greedy with Mario Kart Tour, but lest we forget that Fire Emblem Heroes is the pre-cursor to Masters.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom