• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation 8: Water Starter secondary typing?

What secondary typing?

• Pure water

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Bug

• Poison

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Electric

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Flying

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Ground

• Steel

• fighting

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • psychic

• Ghost

• dark

• fairy

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Matleo

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
- like the grass poll
- don't reapeat fire/fighting syndrom with water types
- 5 votes
- you can also say what animals you wat for the starters

- I can see a
-hippo,
-elephant,
-eagle/albatros,
-bear,
-jaguar (Unlike many other cats, jaguars do not avoid water)
-spider
-shrew
-platipus

Last edited:
My vote goes to Ghost, largely because it'd give us a neat opportunity for a pirate ghost Pokemon. Like, I dunno, maybe a Plesiosaurus/ghost pirate ship, like Naviathan from Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon project, only Water/Ghost instead of Water/Steel.

We've had Fire/Fighting and Grass/Fighting, how about Water/Fighting now? From my prior experiences, it's a very solid, albeit rare combo. I'd like to see it more often.

what about the motive?

Blastoise, ship with canons
Feraligatr, wild croc
Swampert, axolotl and swamp creature
Empoleon, Pinguin, napeleon and waterloo
Samuotrr, samurai with shels,
Primarina, greek mermaid, sirena(filipines,poland), kelpie, singer with clown nose

Water/Fighting
with what speed? what animal?

what could the also do Vikings were associated with water, perfect motive for a secondary typing and for a colder themed region .

Taking that grass is stronger and fire is weak, vikings were faster then samurais? but rather will be slower then a kickboxer? how do you think? +acces posibily to aqua jest , ice shard, ach punch maybe, and taking how many threads of flying, grass,psychic, fairy electric there are, better is has more attack, defense, sp. defense then sp. attack, sp. attack could be 75points or less for once, a non special attacking , physical oriented water pokemon.

(vikings met native americans in the past and they could met indian or arabic sword fighters too, two other motives for grass and water maybe???)

Taweret (egiptian god)

South american tribes and warriors hunt for wish. Jaguars do it too.

there are sea-lions, sea-horses(Hippocampus), sirens(half bird in greek), Lamia, Gajasimha, Gajamina,

Last edited:
My vote goes to Ghost, largely because it'd give us a neat opportunity for a pirate ghost Pokemon. Like, I dunno, maybe a Plesiosaurus/ghost pirate ship, like Naviathan from Smogon's Create-A-Pokemon project, only Water/Ghost instead of Water/Steel.

omg a water starter that evolves into a whole ship would be so cool

For me water/ghost would need to be massive.
Water pokemon are rather blue, but they could make once a black , dark blue or something in that manner. or geen or totally yellow?

Water/bug or water/ghost.
Water/bug: a sea snail or slug.

water/ghost hippocampus or Kelpie (other than the pirate concept that's really cool).

Still think Water Starter is a Platipus when evolve became part Psychic type.

*breaks down thread walls* did someone say Platypus!!! Of course this would mean the region would be based off of Australia which would mean the game would be impossible to beat.

an water/poison platipus would be awesome.

as for other not mentioned animals, i can see a capybara, beaver, snake, crab, and tons of waterfowls, other than that i can't think on other semi aquatic animals

an water/poison platipus would be awesome.

as for other not mentioned animals, i can see a capybara, beaver, snake, crab, and tons of waterfowls, other than that i can't think on other semi aquatic animals
If there's a water platypus here should be either a fire or grass echidna.

Any reason that only a partial number of the types are options above?

Anyway, I'd like to see Water/Fighting or maybe even Water/Poison.

Water/Fighting would be awesome! But then I think of Dewott and Samurott and get sad. Wasted potential. smh.
I thought about steel with it ather bacuse samurais used swords and it has those shels and armor.
But we always have chances for a mega or 2 mega forms if they change their mind.

Any reason that only a partial number of the types are options above?
do you want people who vote normal? fire? grass? for trolling?

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom