• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello guys i am borji and this is my first post here i am well know active user thread in generation 8 leaks rumours fakes but actually i forced navigate in forums and reading your opinions thankfully for that i make theory i dont consider its bad or good or its the buts but let me try guys
my theory or my idea or concept its use world of distorsion like platinum like a place for navegate or dimensions or place for catch pokemon or specific legendaries this place and forehand the concept ultra beast gather all his concept too and its all in one the fact its i want that place more things to do dont only capture giratina in post game because that place its good for doing more things

About graphics my idea its or game freak modeling for 2 roads
road 1: anime-ish graphics but the same time 3d but improved
road 2: like colosseum or XD and minus anime ish

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
I'm sure Gamefreak learned their lesson after DP's release. HGSS and ORAS proved they're willing to deviate from the original games' regional dex.
HGSS and ORAS only really proved that they're willing to throw in cross gen evos to the dex. There's really no precedence for a regional dex expansion being included in a remake, as Platinum was the first game to include one. That being said, I do expect Platinum's dex to be in simply because the dex variety (especially with Fire types) was a major complaint with DP and only including DP's dex would reopen old wounds. But then again, Game Freak never really seems to make the smart decision so it's hard to say for sure.

What I'd really like to see though is for the dex to even go beyond Platinum's and include Pokemon not seen in even Platinum that aren't cross gen evos. Like, it'd be interesting to play with some 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gen families in this game, that would really be an interesting experience. Really something they should've done with ORAS as Hoenn's dex variety is pretty much in the same boat as DP but it'd still be interesting to see with Sinnoh. Even with Platinum's expansion Sinnoh could still use a few more Dragons since it only has Garchomp and Altaria.

Reaction score
HGSS and ORAS only really proved that they're willing to throw in cross gen evos to the dex. There's really no precedence for a regional dex expansion being included in a remake, as Platinum was the first game to include one. That being said, I do expect Platinum's dex to be in simply because the dex variety (especially with Fire types) was a major complaint with DP and only including DP's dex would reopen old wounds. But then again, Game Freak never really seems to make the smart decision so it's hard to say for sure.

What I'd really like to see though is for the dex to even go beyond Platinum's and include Pokemon not seen in even Platinum that aren't cross gen evos. Like, it'd be interesting to play with some 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th gen families in this game, that would really be an interesting experience. Really something they should've done with ORAS as Hoenn's dex variety is pretty much in the same boat as DP but it'd still be interesting to see with Sinnoh. Even with Platinum's expansion Sinnoh could still use a few more Dragons since it only has Garchomp and Altaria.
They probably kept the FRLG dex the same as the Gen I one to please the Gen I purists and maybe because the Kanto Pokédex corresponds to the beginning of the National Pokédex.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
They probably kept the FRLG dex the same as the Gen I one to please the Gen I purists and maybe because the Kanto Pokédex corresponds to the beginning of the National Pokédex.
Well they started out that way with Kanto, but they got more and more liberal as the remakes went on. Still though, they never made that jump with ORAS when it could've used it which is what's questionable. Throwing in all of the cross gen evos helps the dex a little, but not nearly enough to fix the problem. They would've needed to add completely new families that weren't in RSE to fix that.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Since dppt remakes will likely be on the switch I just want to say it's funny how the remakes we did get so far didn't have a bottom screen and then got one, and now the first remake of a DS game will have no bottom screen xD
FRLG is the exception to that rule. Both the original and the remake were released before dual screen gaming existed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please just re-introduce the ball seals. I want to be able to spell out "Good Luck" on my M-Sableye's ball.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
Sinnoh is one region I'd really love to explore in 3D. Since the games will more than likely be on the Switch, I hope GF creates an immersive experience.

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
Since the remake will be on the Switch, I think that alone's worth a second look. Cyrus is one of my favorite team leaders of all-time, too, so there's that. I know everyone has a lot of hopes for things to come, but I personally hope they avoid voice acting. And if they do include it, make it an option to use the Japanese dialogue, or make it like BotW and use talking cutscenes sparingly.

I'm a sucker for Pokemon so I'll probably buy it regardless. (Also 104 pages? You guys must really want a remake of this game!)

Strongest Trainer
Reaction score
I'm wondering, in USUM, it looks like Bad team leader conquered the region and manage to capture the legendary pokemon, failed to do so in Diamond/Pearl, and Platinum (because Giratina interrupt his plan), so if he'd succeed in Diamond/Pearl, what that leave with remake, will it be a remake or will it be something different for DP?

Sobble fan :3
Reaction score
I'm wondering, in USUM, it looks like Bad team leader conquered the region and manage to capture the legendary pokemon, failed to do so in Diamond/Pearl, and Platinum (because Giratina interrupt his plan), so if he'd succeed in Diamond/Pearl, what that leave with remake, will it be a remake or will it be something different for DP?
The Cyrus in USUM was from a different dimension in which he had succeeded in his plans. Not from DPPt or their future remakes. In those universes the protagonist or Giratina foils his plans. So the remakes would have nothing to do with USUM's Cyrus.

Although I wouldn't mind if that Cyrus comes to this Sinnoh as a part of some post game arc.

I'm back for you, Star Fox.
Reaction score
The Cyrus in USUM was from a different dimension in which he had succeeded in his plans. Not from DPPt or their future remakes. In those universes the protagonist or Giratina foils his plans. So the remakes would have nothing to do with USUM's Cyrus.

Although I wouldn't mind if that Cyrus comes to this Sinnoh as a part of some post game arc.
This world needs more Cyrus. He came from a time where Pokemon villains were just starting to learn how to express themselves.