• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing they could do for a Diamond and Pearl remake would be that would make it better is to keep the obstacles down once you took them out, especially when some jerk thought it was a good idea to place Cut trees right in front of Team Galactic's HQ.
You're talking about the Galactic Building in Eterna City. You can get into their actual HQ (in Veilstone) without any HMs.

That entire Wayward quest was tedious for me. I just went though the entire thing out of the sheer desperation of getting a Garchomp.

I do think some tedious parts should remain since Pokeride will make them more enjoyable now.

Some areas are bound to get nerfed though since I’ve seen it said around the Internet that children ended up getting lost in DPPt and that’s what kicked off the linearity trend.

That was really an overreaction to Sinnoh's problems in the first place. Sinnoh wasn't just difficult to navigate because it was nonlinear. It was difficult to navigate because the game did a poor job of indicating where you needed to go. Wayward Cave is a good example, how in Arceus' name were you supposed to know how to find that hidden area when it's completely invisible to the player? There's no visual cues to indicate that there's a path under the bridge, no NPCs telling you about it, unless you just bump against every single wall in the region I don't know how you could possibly find that without a guide.

Some of the HMs were also fairly hard and you needed them to progress. I myself had trouble finding Strength when I first played DP because I didn't want to go through Lost Tower when I first played, and the game gave next to no indication that the area was required for progression and it's obtained much earlier than it's needed, if you beat Byron and need Strength to get through Mt. Coronet finding it becomes a needle in a haystack. I've also heard people struggling with Rock Climb as well, obtained in some random NPC's house in the living hell that is Rt. 217. Defog also gets a dishonorable mention even though it's not mandatory, you need to go into the Safari Zone to get it and you're probably not going to be in much of a mood to look for it there with the step limit and all.

So really, the nerfing would be completely unnecessary. All they really need to do is do a better job of telling the player where to go which they will anyway. Give away the HMs/Ride Pokemon/whatever from NPCs that walk up and talk to you. Have the camera pan so you can actually see the entrance to Wayward Cave. Tell the player where they need to backtrack to and offer to take them there and/or mark the location. Things like that will make the game much more accessible without having to compromise the design of the region which is its biggest strength.

Some of the HMs were also fairly hard and you needed them to progress. I myself had trouble finding Strength when I first played DP because I didn't want to go through Lost Tower when I first played, and the game gave next to no indication that the area was required for progression and it's obtained much earlier than it's needed, if you beat Byron and need Strength to get through Mt. Coronet finding it becomes a needle in a haystack. I've also heard people struggling with Rock Climb as well, obtained in some random NPC's house in the living hell that is Rt. 217. Defog also gets a dishonorable mention even though it's not mandatory, you need to go into the Safari Zone to get it and you're probably not going to be in much of a mood to look for it there with the step limit and all.
They did attempt to fix this in Platinum. Strength was moved to Iron Island and Defog was moved to the Solaceon Ruins.

Wayward Cave is a good example, how in Arceus' name were you supposed to know how to find that hidden area when it's completely invisible to the player? There's no visual cues to indicate that there's a path under the bridge, no NPCs telling you about it, unless you just bump against every single wall in the region I don't know how you could possibly find that without a guide.
Isn't the entrance visible from the cycling path?

Isn't the entrance visible from the cycling path?

I’m talking about the hidden entrance that has Gible and the Earthquake TM. It’s directly underneath Cycling Road and the camera doesn’t show you what’s underneath it, rendering it completely invisible to the player. The main entrance is easy enough to find but that hidden entrance is one of the biggest Guide Dang Its in the series.

I’m talking about the hidden entrance that has Gible and the Earthquake TM. It’s directly underneath Cycling Road and the camera doesn’t show you what’s underneath it, rendering it completely invisible to the player. The main entrance is easy enough to find but that hidden entrance is one of the biggest Guide Dang Its in the series.
And, it was much more convoluted in DP. In DP, there was a strength boulder there, preventing the player from getting Gible and Earthquake until they have received the Mine Badge from Byron. In Platinum, the boulder is gone, allowing players to access this hidden area much earlier than before. It is possible, due to the advances in graphics, that the hidden entrance is no longer blocked from view by the Cycling Road in the hypothetical DP remake. Ironically, the strength boulder helped make the entrance easier to find.

Last edited:
I say that we just use the Imperius Curse on Game Freak and convince them that in any potential remake of DPPt, they should just use ride Pokemon and just rid the game of those pesky HM's.
That's to be expected. They even put Ride Pokemon in LGPE, so it appears that it will be a standard feature going forward.

And, it was much more convoluted in DP. In DP, there was a strength boulder there, preventing the player from getting Gible and Earthquake until they have received the Mine Badge from Byron. In Platinum, the boulder is gone, allowing players to access this hidden area much earlier than before.

I wouldn't exactly call that "convoluted", the Strength boulder is an extra hurdle to get inside, but it doesn't exactly make it more complicated and harder to find.

It is possible, due to the advances in graphics, that the hidden entrance is no longer blocked from view by the Cycling Road in the hypothetical DP remake. Ironically, the strength boulder helped make the entrance easier to find.

Yeah. In particular, I've noticed that since the originals, Game Freak has been experimenting with dynamic camera angles instead of having the camera constantly above the player. I think what they'll do is have the camera change to a behind the back angle when you go under the bridge and it'll be easier to see there's a path there. Although then it might be too easy to find, so they could possibly bring back the Strength boulder to compensate.

I wouldn't exactly call that "convoluted", the Strength boulder is an extra hurdle to get inside, but it doesn't exactly make it more complicated and harder to find.

Yeah. In particular, I've noticed that since the originals, Game Freak has been experimenting with dynamic camera angles instead of having the camera constantly above the player. I think what they'll do is have the camera change to a behind the back angle when you go under the bridge and it'll be easier to see there's a path there. Although then it might be too easy to find, so they could possibly bring back the Strength boulder to compensate.

I actually thought it was fine in Platinum without that boulder.

That said, I don't think they'll straight up show you with the camera, but that they show it like sideways so that you can see something that somewhat looks like an opening, but that you can also skip past if you don't pay attention to it.

That said, I don't think they'll straight up show you with the camera, but that they show it like sideways so that you can see something that somewhat looks like an opening, but that you can also skip past if you don't pay attention to it.

Eh, removing the boulder never really made that much sense to me. I mean, it's great to get Gible and Earthquake early, but it feels too early for you to be getting the game's pseudo legend and one of the best TMs in the game. 6th gym feels more appropriate a time for that if I'm considering game balance.

Eh, removing the boulder never really made that much sense to me. I mean, it's great to get Gible and Earthquake early, but it feels too early for you to be getting the game's pseudo legend and one of the best TMs in the game. 6th gym feels more appropriate a time for that if I'm considering game balance.
They have given players access to psuedos earlier in the recent games, especially with Bagon.

A few trees or bushes to cut would to the trick. Especially if they have a couple that do nothing or lead nowhere. Still a surprise and hidden, but at least giving some incentive to check if they want it available that early.

I say that we just use the Imperius Curse on Game Freak and convince them that in any potential remake of DPPt, they should just use ride Pokemon and just rid the game of those pesky HM's.
That spell would also be useful for that one lady that trades you a haunter holding an ever stone.

That spell would also be useful for that one lady that trades you a haunter holding an ever stone.

I thought Avada Kedavra was an excellent spell to use on her when I received that Haunter. She died. But if she appears in the remake, I'll transfigure that everstone into the Mega Stone for Gengar.

I thought Avada Kedavra was an excellent spell to use on her when I received that Haunter. She died. But if she appears in the remake, I'll transfigure that everstone into the Mega Stone for Gengar.

Not that I'm qualified enough to doubt the Dark Lord's choices, but a little dose of the Cruciatus Curse before Avada Kedavra would’ve proven to be an excellent lesson for trainers all over the region on what happens to despicable mud blood traders...

Guys! We're all muggles here. And we're on a Pokémon forum that used a LGBT-support theme last month. I don't think this would be the best place to role play Voldemort's ideals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom