• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.
  • We're launching a brand new series on the official Bulbagarden YouTube Channel! Watch here as AussieEevee attempts the Nuzlocke Challenge in HeartGold.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I'm not opposed to changing it outright (Spiritomb is nowhere near as unique as it once was), but at the bare minimum I think this one just needs to be tweaked a bit - multiplayer interaction is far more manageable now than it was back then.
Except there's always that time when they shut down the servers. I would prefer something that doesn't involve online just to be safe.

Reaction score
Possible names of the DP remake:
Borealis Diamond and Australis Pearl

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
Yo, hang on, Sinnoh has one of the best soundtracks
I cannot recall a single tune off the top of my head besides Sunyshore City and Looker’s theme. The rest is just a static of bassline.

I'm not opposed to changing it outright (Spiritomb is nowhere near as unique as it once was), but at the bare minimum I think this one just needs to be tweaked a bit - multiplayer interaction is far more manageable now than it was back then.
Tying the acquisition of a Pokémon to multiplayer interaction at all is something I’m opposed to. It punished players who, for whatever reason, cannot manage the requirements (either because they don’t like playing Pokémon multiplayer or because they just aren’t able to), and I don’t think that’s fair.

Reaction score
Reaction score
The ones that come to my mind are the Galactic Battle Theme, the Intro Theme, Route 207, Route 225, and both of Cynthia's themes

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
How can anyone forget Dialga and Palkia's theme? While it isn't intimidating like Giratina's or Arceus's theme, it still has that feeling that you're facing literal gods of time and space. Heck, that's even one of the possible themes that can be heard in Smash Bros.

Gather round, people, I'll tell you a story
Reaction score
How can anyone forget Dialga and Palkia's theme? While it isn't intimidating like Giratina's or Arceus's theme, it still has that feeling that you're facing literal gods of time and space. Heck, that's even one of the possible themes that can be heard in Smash Bros.
I swear to God I can't even remember a single chord from that theme. The only pieces that come to mind when I think about them are Route 209 and Cynthia's theme.

Reaction score
Route 209 is the best route theme in all of pokemon.
Also the mount coronet upper levels theme.

Reaction score
Honestly DPPt has probably my favorite soundtrack in the series. I'm also a huge sucker for RSE, HGSS, and BW/B2W2 but daaamn the piano and electric keyboard stuff in DPPt just gets me. It's so chill.

On one hand, I absolutely cannot wait for DP remakes and am really looking forward to them eventually happening. While DP fell short for me in several respects, Platinum fixed most of their problems and is a fantastic game. I'd love to relive them in the new age, from their updated graphics/battle system to a remixed soundtrack.

However, on the other hand... I'm really worried that the remakes won't live up to my expectations/hopes. GameFreak has not impressed me much in quite a while and I really hope DP remakes aren't letdowns (ORAS, for example, I thought was probably the weakest remake they've done).

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
True. These potential Sinnoh hints I've been seeing have just been a bit confusing...
People were looking for Hoenn hints during Generation 5, so maybe they’re just foreshadowing in advance.

The games might end up having elements which tie in with Sinnoh.

Plus it works in GameFreak’s favour of churning out nostalgia since the people with Sinnoh as their first games are teens and adults now.

Charizard Enthusiast (King of the Pocket Monsters)
Reaction score
Would it be wrong to expect a Gen 8 game with Sinnoh as the post-game?
Well, if most rumors are to be believed, chances are that the Gen 8 region will be somewhere in Western Europe (meaning it's real-life counterpart is one of France's neighbors), which means that there are higher chances for them to turn Kalos into the post-game region than a region based on Japan.

Pyro Kicker
Reaction score
Well, if most rumors are to be believed, chances are that the Gen 8 region will be somewhere in Western Europe (meaning it's real-life counterpart is one of France's neighbors), which means that there are higher chances for them to turn Kalos into the post-game region than a region based on Japan.
Kalos could honestly benefit from something like that.