• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If a Gen 4 remake isn't released in Gen 8, I think that they would make a Let's Go Johto game based on Crystal instead.

Now, we will have to wait at least 15 months to know if Sinnoh remakes will happen in 2020 or not, and we may need to wait 27 months before they get revealed...

People might be fed up with too many remakes, especially considering we had LGPE last year. We need to space out the remake releases.
Sinnoh fans are eagerly waiting for their remakes. And I imagine a lot of LGPE fans are waiting for the sequel.
Also, I think people would rather have remakes over a break year or a 3rd version (I doubt sequels are happening again, they could have done it in Alola but didn't).

I'll very much prefer sequels/prequels as I would rather see growth in the region. Straight up remakes can be given the simplified Let's Go treatment.
I love the idea of a Sinnoh prequel. Imagine seeing Byron as a young gym leader and his little boy Roark playing around the mine wearing that little red helmet. Also, if Riley looks exactly the same as he does in DPPt, then we'd also have some backstory about the three. Byron said that Riley's age is unknown and he's a mysterious guy, and I really hope there's a reason they slipped in that line. Who knows. Maybe Riley was exposed to Mega Energy or Infinity Energy or whatever and was able to use Aura for that reason and aged really really slowly afterwards.

I'm all for more stories about the characters :D

Sinnoh fans are eagerly waiting for their remakes. And I imagine a lot of LGPE fans are waiting for the sequel.
Also, I think people would rather have remakes over a break year or a 3rd version (I doubt sequels are happening again, they could have done it in Alola but didn't).
But, people might eventually get tired of revisiting old regions and want to get more new content. This will happen if they release 3 pairs of remakes in the span of 4 years. As I said, they need to space out the remake releases to avoid remake fatigue.

Sinnoh Remake first, Let's Go Johto later.
Let's Go Johto will inevitably feature Kanto so it should be in atleast Gen 9 so that even their target audience doesn’t get fed up.

Well Sabrina references a 3 year gap. If we're to trust that, and that they'd retain a similar 3 year gap between Kanto and Johto games as we had originally (96-99), then we'd be getting Let's Go 2 Johto in 2021. I hope that DP remakes would be in 2020, but I could also see them taking a little longer and coming in 2022 to finish off the generation, potentially.

Well Sabrina references a 3 year gap. If we're to trust that, and that they'd retain a similar 3 year gap between Kanto and Johto games as we had originally (96-99), then we'd be getting Let's Go 2 Johto in 2021. I hope that DP remakes would be in 2020, but I could also see them taking a little longer and coming in 2022 to finish off the generation, potentially.

An in game 3 year gap doesn’t have to necessarily translate into a real world 3 year gap.
I think 2020 or 2021 will be a gap year and first the DPPt remakes will be taken out of the way with Let's Go Johto later.
The people who started with Sinnoh are now old enough for GF to exploit the nostalgia like they did for LGPE.

An in game 3 year gap doesn’t have to necessarily translate into a real world 3 year gap.

True, and while it's never (to my knowledge) been done in this direction (current, foretelling the future), every reference to some number of years between events in Pokemon games have always matched up with release gaps. GS referenced the real world 3 year gap between its release and RG, B2W2 referenced the real world 2 year time gap between itself and BW, ORAS made reference to its 12 year gap between itself and RS, and I think I may be forgetting a few. It could end up not meaning anything serious, but I'd be surprised if they didn't at least have a rough plan for LGJ to be around 2021 ish at least.

True, and while it's never (to my knowledge) been done in this direction (current, foretelling the future), every reference to some number of years between events in Pokemon games have always matched up with release gaps. GS referenced the real world 3 year gap between its release and RG, B2W2 referenced the real world 2 year time gap between itself and BW, ORAS made reference to its 12 year gap between itself and RS, and I think I may be forgetting a few. It could end up not meaning anything serious, but I'd be surprised if they didn't at least have a rough plan for LGJ to be around 2021 ish at least.
If Gen 4 remakes do come out in 2020, I don't think they would release 2 pairs of remakes in back to back years.

If Gen 4 remakes do come out in 2020, I don't think they would release 2 pairs of remakes in back to back years.
I don't know, could be possible for that to happen. Game Freak had 3 games in a row with Kanto pandering, I don't see how releasing two remakes in one generation would be any different from their usual habit.

I don't know, could be possible for that to happen. Game Freak had 3 games in a row with Kanto pandering, I don't see how releasing two remakes in one generation would be any different from their usual habit.
Except people might get fed up with remakes and they might want to see more new content. We already had LGPE released last year which means that we could have 3 pairs of remakes released in a 4 year span.

Except people might get fed up with remakes and they might want to see more new content. We already had LGPE released last year which means that we could have 3 pairs of remakes released in a 4 year span.
Still doesn't stop Game Freak from doing it if they wanted to. Not saying they will do it, but it's a possibility that they will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom