• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Redesigning the region that drastically might be problematic, yeah. There really isn't any good spot for a Wild Area-esque location in Sinnoh.

I kinda figured they could do some sort of Wild Area thing in a rehaul of the underground. The regular routes in Sinnoh could stay the same then. Other possibilities could include the Great Marsh and even the Distortion World.

I’d also love to see Amity Square provide some sort of method of obtaining the starter Pokémon not available in the Galar Dex.

Masuda has replied to the angry complaints and stated that, the bad news is that their foot is firm with the Pokedex thing, but the good news is that they will bring back the Pokedex if later games. I wouldn't be surprised if they will do that if the Gen 4 remake for next year.

Masuda has replied to the angry complaints and stated that, the bad news is that their foot is firm with the Pokedex thing, but the good news is that they will bring back the Pokedex if later games. I wouldn't be surprised if they will do that if the Gen 4 remake for next year.
We might not even get a Sinnoh remake.

We might not even get a Sinnoh remake.
Game Freak were in Northern Spain and Southern France only a few years ago, doing research on the Cave Paintings. Masuda was even standing in front of a Cathedral in one picture. Perhaps these are research being done for the development for the Gen 4 Remake. Celestic Town has Cave Paintings and Hearthome City has a Cathedral.

I'm thinking that 2020 is most likely going to be a gap year. I also don't think that we are getting Sinnoh remakes until 2023.

I don't think that they would release a game 6 years in a row. You only think this because of patterns. Patterns aren't everything.
I'm not talking about patterns, I'm talking about gut feelings. Plus GF's trip to Spain and France does sound like Sinnoh Remake when many were thinking Gen 8 was going to be based in Spain. Also, this could make up for the backlash GF just recieved about the Pokedex fiasco that happened at E3.

I'm not talking about patterns, I'm talking about gut feelings. Plus GF's trip to Spain and France does sound like Sinnoh Remake when many were thinking Gen 8 was going to be based in Spain. Also, this could make up for the backlash GF just recieved about the Pokedex fiasco that happened at E3.
There are other ways they can do that.

I'm thinking that 2020 is most likely going to be a gap year. I also don't think that we are getting Sinnoh remakes until 2023.
That's too late for a Sinnoh remake, very unlikely that Game Freak would wait that long, especially since they can't keep making many new assets every single game, so a remake is the only option at this point.

They can take a much-needed break next year. If they're interested in a LGPE sequel at all, I wouldn't wait longer than 2021 because Go will be 5 years old by then (and the time will be ripe for any Masters or Sleep tie-ins). There isn't an expiration date on traditional remakes, which require more graphical work.

I am not saying that this is what will happen, but it would be nice if DP remakes weren't taken for granted.

Let's Go was made by a different group than Game Freak as a whole, si I could see GF having a break year whilst the Let's Go game released in 2021

I don't think that's happening because of the 25th Anniversary that year.
Well, then firstly Let’s Go Johto isn’t appropriate for the anniversary too.

Secondly, they were basically in 20th anniversary mode for the entire Gen 7 so I don’t think they’ll do another anniversary celebration immediately after. Otherwise everything would be an anniversary celebration.

The tenth anniversary were the release of DP. The fifteenth anniversary had nothing, and the twentieth had Sun/Moon. I think they might skip this anniversary since I genuinely don’t see GameFreak churning out a new Generation as anniversary games again.

Well, then firstly Let’s Go Johto isn’t appropriate for the anniversary too.

Secondly, they were basically in 20th anniversary mode for the entire Gen 7 so I don’t think they’ll do another anniversary celebration immediately after. Otherwise everything would be an anniversary celebration.

The tenth anniversary were the release of DP. The fifteenth anniversary had nothing, and the twentieth had Sun/Moon. I think they might skip this anniversary since I genuinely don’t see GameFreak churning out a new Generation as anniversary games again.
I'm thinking that they could release a game in either Kanto or Johto for the 25th Anniversary. Sinnoh can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom