• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole "going to space" rumor in Gen 3 didn't really have anything to do with Rayquaza, it was more about Deoxys (or Jirachi) and the Space Center. when making ORAS, Rayquaza just ended up being a suitable vector for making that cute reference happen.

i don't think "visiting Dialga and Palkia's dimensions" as an idea really has the same kind of entrenchment within fandom pop culture, anyway. actually, what were the most popular "playground rumors" for those games?

Visiting Dialga and Palkia's dimensions would actually be a huge deal, especially to newer players who don't know a lot about those legendaries, it's the surprise factor that counts to them, basically like when Giratina was discovered to be from the Distortion World. Also, rumors don't really affect gameplay and I wasn't referring to that rumor when making my point. If going to space is done then it's done, nothing more, nothing less.

It's also possible that Dialga and Palkia, unlike Giratina, can exist in their normal forms in their home dimensions.

Speaking of Ultra Space, I think there's a good chance the UBs could be in the Sinnoh Dex since Ultra Space is closely related to Sinnoh's lore. I could easily see either one of the mascots taking us to Ultra Space or the UBs being drawn to Sinnoh by the conflict at Spear Pillar. They probably won't show up in SwSh, so this would be our best chance to see them this gen.

Speaking of Ultra Space, I think there's a good chance the UBs could be in the Sinnoh Dex since Ultra Space is closely related to Sinnoh's lore. I could easily see either one of the mascots taking us to Ultra Space or the UBs being drawn to Sinnoh by the conflict at Spear Pillar. They probably won't show up in SwSh, so this would be our best chance to see them this gen.

I honestly hope that UB and Ultra-space are not mentioned or included in any way. With the amount of legendaries that were introduced in Sinnoh, I want to have more background content and quests for them, namely Arceus.

It's also possible that Dialga and Palkia, unlike Giratina, can exist in their normal forms in their home dimensions.
Actually, that's impossible, Dialga's dimension is pure time and Palkia's dimension is pure space. When they come to the Pokemon world, they are exposed to what they don't control, meaning that they have to change forms to accommodate them living in the same world as what they can't control. Dialga's current form is the result of it being in the same world in which space exists, Palkia's current form is the result of it being in the same world in which time exists. And no, the anime doesn't decide the canon of the lore in the games.

Actually, that's impossible, Dialga's dimension is pure time and Palkia's dimension is pure space. When they come to the Pokemon world, they are exposed to what they don't control, meaning that they have to change forms to accommodate them living in the same world as what they can't control. Dialga's current form is the result of it being in the same world in which space exists, Palkia's current form is the result of it being in the same world in which time exists. And no, the anime doesn't decide the canon of the lore in the games.
Was that ever stated? Just checking all my bases here.

Was that ever stated? Just checking all my bases here.
Wasn't stated, but since Giratina can't control gravity, it had to change into its Altered form to exist in the Pokemon World.

I meant Altered form, but really, there doesn't need to be a Pokemon about a concept for that concept to exist.
Fair enough. What would a gravity Pokemon even do, anyway? I mean, gravity manipulation is a cool power and all but my quetsion stands.

Okay, so there’s one roadblock that Dynamax and Gigantamax that makes me question their inclusion in a Sinnoh remake. And it has nothing to do with the inclusion of Mega Evolution and/or Z-Moves. Rather, the problem lies with a lore problem:

If Dynamax/Gigantamax stem from “natural energy” then tying them into games involving the manipulation of time and space, which involves forces way beyond the concept of natural energy, makes little sense. At the very least, giving Dialga and Palkia Gigantamax Forms wouldn’t make much sense because they’re presented as otherworldly legends rather than a common species who can have specific instances access it.

Can anyone think of a way around this problem? Or did I just disprove Dynamax/Gigantamax for the Sinnoh remakes?

Well, if they were to include Dynamax, they would have to convert all of Sinnoh's gyms into stadiums, and I don't think they would do that.

It’s fiction. They can make up whatever logic they want in order to justify the inclusion or exclusion of whatever they want.

Mega Evolution being created by the ultimate weapon and only found in Kalos didn’t stop it from showing up in Hoenn ten years earlier. If anyone questions it, they can just pretend it’s a different universe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom