• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters

Poke Dragon

The boundary between opposites.
Reaction score
But, they have never destroyed the themes of the region for the sake of promoting the hot new thing. Dynamax is far more intrusive than Megas are, anyways. With Dynamax, in order to feature it the region will have to be just like Galar, a region that values big flashy battles over all else. Well, that means all the Gym Leaders will be stuck in soccer uniforms instead of giving them all unique designs.
Or Dynamaxing could just not be as big of a deal in Sinnoh as it is in Galar. Again, there's nothing stopping Game Freak in making the changes to the lore of their games.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
But, they have never destroyed the themes of the region for the sake of promoting the hot new thing. Dynamax is far more intrusive than Megas are, anyways. With Dynamax, in order to feature it the region will have to be just like Galar, a region that values big flashy battles over all else. Well, that means all the Gym Leaders will be stuck in soccer uniforms instead of giving them all unique designs.
Isn't that what the Pokemon anime is known for?

I don't see Dynamaxing any different to Megas tbh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Or Dynamaxing could just not be as big of a deal in Sinnoh as it is in Galar. Again, there's nothing stopping Game Freak in making the changes to the lore of their games.
Except it would conflict with Sword & Shield so bad that the only way to fix it would be to put the Sinnoh remakes in an AU separate from Sword & Shield.

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
When XY came out in 2013, they already knew Gen 7 would be based on Hawaii, so they must have made that decision either in 2013 or possibly beforehand.
Therefore it is likely they have already decided where the Gen 9 region will be based and will likely have already visited the real life region.

In terms of gap years, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2015, all had a major spin off, Mystery Dungeon Red & Blue, Mystery Dungeon Time & Darkness, Rumble Blast, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon respectively. 2001 is the only Gap year without any major spin off. Looking at years you can see its roughly every 4 years, so we should have a gap in 2019, now we all know that's not the case. The other theory is its one gap per generation (2001 - Gen 2, 2005 - Gen 3, 2007 - Gen 4, 2011 - Gen 5, 2015 - Gen 6) so then why is there no gap in Gen 7? I believe they both point to the same thing, LGPE were a gap year. We already know the Johto games come 3 years after the Kanto games, Sabrina even says in LGPE it will be 3 years until another trainer such as you comes along, (she didnt say this in FRLG)

So the only pure gap year we've ever had was 2001, when GF initially had planned for the franchise to be finished by then.

The UK has a lot in common with Sinnoh the colder climate, the connections to space time, the great lakes.
We had 6 years roughly between FRLG and HGSS, 5 years until ORAS, so 5-6 years from then is 2019/2020. 2023 is way too long away, nearly a whole decade after ORAS.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Isn't that what the Pokemon anime is known for?

I don't see Dynamaxing any different to Megas tbh.
The difference is that Mega Evolution can be done anywhere, while Dynamaxing can only be done in specific areas such as Gyms.

Defiant

Pokemon Gotta Catch ... Some Of Em ???
Reaction score
Except it would conflict with Sword & Shield so bad that the only way to fix it would be to put the Sinnoh remakes in an AU separate from Sword & Shield.
Mega evolution was in ORAS despite everyone in XY saying it was new/specific to Kalos.
You know you wanna see that Gigantamax Arceus! Mega Rayquaza sit down son!

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
The difference is that Mega Evolution can be done anywhere, while Dynamaxing can only be done in specific areas such as Gyms.
Dynamaxing was introduced because Megas and Z-Moves were already broken to GF's eyes and would want something to properly balance things out. Plus it frees up the Pokemon's hold box.

Last edited:

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
When XY came out in 2013, they already knew Gen 7 would be based on Hawaii, so they must have made that decision either in 2013 or possibly beforehand.
Therefore it is likely they have already decided where the Gen 9 region will be based and will likely have already visited the real life region.

In terms of gap years, 2005, 2007, 2011, 2015, all had a major spin off, Mystery Dungeon Red & Blue, Mystery Dungeon Time & Darkness, Rumble Blast, and Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon respectively. 2001 is the only Gap year without any major spin off. Looking at years you can see its roughly every 4 years, so we should have a gap in 2019, now we all know that's not the case. The other theory is its one gap per generation (2001 - Gen 2, 2005 - Gen 3, 2007 - Gen 4, 2011 - Gen 5, 2015 - Gen 6) so then why is there no gap in Gen 7? I believe they both point to the same thing, LGPE were a gap year. We already know the Johto games come 3 years after the Kanto games, Sabrina even says in LGPE it will be 3 years until another trainer such as you comes along, (she didnt say this in FRLG)

So the only pure gap year we've ever had was 2001, when GF initially had planned for the franchise to be finished by then.

The UK has a lot in common with Sinnoh the colder climate, the connections to space time, the great lakes.
We had 6 years roughly between FRLG and HGSS, 5 years until ORAS, so 5-6 years from then is 2019/2020. 2023 is way too long away, nearly a whole decade after ORAS.
Spain

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I would much rather want Sinnoh to get the Let's Go treatment because that way it would be more faithful to the originals and not have to be turned into a copy of Galar just to add a new mechanic. I don't think that you guys want to play through Sword & Shield again, just set in a different region.

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
I would much rather want Sinnoh to get the Let's Go treatment because that way it would be more faithful to the originals and not have to be turned into a copy of Galar just to add a new mechanic. I don't think that you guys want to play through Sword & Shield again, just set in a different region.
I would hate it even more if Sinnoh got the Let's Go treatment. Remakes that don't change much from the original are boring.

Grass Type Gardenia

Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
That's exactly what the fans first thought for ORAS when Megas came into being. I don't understand sometimes. First they hate Megas and now they come to love it after 6 years? Similar will happen for Dynamaxing/Gigantomaxing. You may not like it, but eventually we'll soon come to love it.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That's exactly what the fans first thought for ORAS when Megas came into being. I don't understand sometimes. First they hate Megas and now they come to love it after 6 years? Similar will happen for Dynamaxing/Gigantomaxing. You may not like it, but eventually we'll soon come to love it.
The problem is how intrusive it would be in the region, as it would essentially be turned into a copy of Galar, which everything being changed to accompany this. You'll kiss goodbye to unique Gym Leader designs, because they'll all wear football uniforms. And, the player too. The Elite 4 might be gone, replaced with the Champion's Cup, etc.

Poke Dragon

Reaction score
The problem is how intrusive it would be in the region, as it would essentially be turned into a copy of Galar, which everything being changed to accompany this. You'll kiss goodbye to unique Gym Leader designs, because they'll all wear football uniforms. And, the player too. The Elite 4 might be gone, replaced with the Champion's Cup, etc.
Or there might not be uniforms at all, remember, the uniforms aren't needed to Dynamax or Gigantamax your Pokemon at all.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Or there might not be uniforms at all, remember, the uniforms aren't needed to Dynamax or Gigantamax your Pokemon at all.
Except it wouldn't be a Galar clone without them. And if they add Dynamax then Sinnoh will be turned into a Galar clone.