• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The gimmick for Gen 4 Remake will most definitely be 'A' form of Gigantomaxing for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina.

I would prefer if they would stick with Platinum's plot of Giratina and then have Dialga and Palkia summoned BUT...fusing together to make Dialkia (it doesn't need to be though DNA Splicers but instead and perhaps due to overlaping dimensions) and then using the Azure flute to summon Arceus. Gigamax must remain exclusive to Galar as said until now.

I also wouldn't mind a repeat and extension of ASOR post game and USUM worlds exploration, by having a Galactic Suit and go to each of the Creation Trio worlds to find them through a shuttle or a special Porygon evolution that would depart from Team Galactic's HQ or a secret building in the Fight Area.

PS: I want Veilstone to actually have a harbour. The city's description doesn't make sense without an harbour. I also would like for Cyrus to be kept in the Distortion World instead of just vanishing and being able to rebattle it.

I always saw Flint as the counterpart to Volkner and both as Trainers to somewhat "promote" Electivire and Magmortar.
I was talking about Flint in DP, not Platinum. In DP he only had two Fire Pokémon in his team: Rapidash and Infernape. The other Fire Types that he has were added in Platinum.

I was talking about Flint in DP, not Platinum. In DP he only had two Fire Pokémon in his team: Rapidash and Infernape. The other Fire Types that he has were added in Platinum.
Thinking about Eternatus being the third Legendary for SwSh and will be a big part in the story, makes me think of similar with Giratina for the Gen 4 Remake.

Dialga and Palkia summoned BUT...fusing together to make Dialkia
For some reason I thought of this:

latest

I would prefer if they would stick with Platinum's plot of Giratina and then have Dialga and Palkia summoned BUT...fusing together to make Dialkia (it doesn't need to be though DNA Splicers but instead and perhaps due to overlaping dimensions) and then using the Azure flute to summon Arceus. Gigamax must remain exclusive to Galar as said until now.

While I agree that Dialga and Palkia shouldn't get Gigantamax forms, it is better for the fusion stuff to be used on Kyurem during the Gen 5 remakes instead. I would prefer that Dialga and Palkia would receive their own permanent Origin forms so they are on equal footing with Giratina.

While I agree that Dialga and Palkia shouldn't get Gigantamax forms, it is better for the fusion stuff to be used on Kyurem during the Gen 5 remakes instead. I would prefer that Dialga and Palkia would receive their own permanent Origin forms so they are on equal footing with Giratina.
However, the Origin Forms wouldn't be very exciting, as all they would do is switch around their offensive and defensive stats.

However, the Origin Forms wouldn't be very exciting, as all they would do is switch around their offensive and defensive stats.
Which would be better, alternate forms shouldn't be about making everything broken. That's the main reason why I hate the idea of Mega Evolutions in the first place, that and the battle-exclusive forms.

Which would be better, alternate forms shouldn't be about making everything broken. That's the main reason why I hate the idea of Mega Evolutions in the first place, that and the battle-exclusive forms.
However, it wouldn't be very exciting to promote and I think that GF would much rather give them G-Max Forms.

However, it wouldn't be very exciting to promote and I think that GF would much rather give them G-Max Forms.
Gigantamax forms would not have the uniqueness enough to make Dialga and Palkia stand out from the crowd. The point of box art legendaries is that they can easily be identified among the crowd of Pokemon.

However, when you look at the recent events, Game Freak is starting to inch closer to permanent forms again. They literately said Morpeko had forms along with some other Pokemon.

However, when you look at the recent events, Game Freak is starting to inch closer to permanent forms again. They literately said Morpeko had forms along with some other Pokemon.
Regional variants somewhat count as this, as you can't switch between a regional variant and its normal form.

Realistically, I think Palkia and Dialga should be getting temporary battle forms very much like Gigantamax but called something different.

And no, I don't see how that will have to be applied to Giratina for the sake of consistency. I also don't see why it will only just be them switching around their offensive and defensive stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom