• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't even know that one is happening, we could just as easily get something else instead.
Except that the signs for one happening are all there, with the latest TCG having a consisting of a group art that has Dialga, Palkia and Arceus. And that's the newest thing giving that sign.

We don't even know that one is happening, we could just as easily get something else instead.
GF were in Spain and France doing research with cave paintings 2 years ago, which led people to think that Gen 8 would be based in Spain, when it could be for the Gen 4 remake. (Celestic Town?)

Here's my predictions for the next four years:
2020: Let's Go Johto
2021: Gap year
2022: Gen 9
2023: Sinnoh remakes

Trust me, you can wait 4 more years for Sinnoh remakes. I just think that GF would quickly follow up Let's Go because of how great it sold.
Nevertheless, compared with LGPE, I don't see it working. I've already seen clues that the Gen 4 Remake is in the works from when people thought Gen 8 would be based in Spain.

Trust me, you can wait 4 more years for Sinnoh remakes. I just think that GF would quickly follow up Let's Go because of how great it sold.
Except the signs point in the opposite direction, Sinnoh has been getting more marketing attention than Johto for the last couple years.

If they remake Sinnoh now, then the region will be changed into something entirely different, as all the Gyms will be converted into stadiums in order to incorporate the Dynamax mechanic. Sinnoh will go from a region focused on ancient history to a region about big, flashy battles, essentially a copy of Galar.

If they remake Sinnoh now, then the region will be changed into something entirely different, as all the Gyms will be converted into stadiums in order to incorporate the Dynamax mechanic. Sinnoh will go from a region focused on ancient history to a region about big, flashy battles, essentially a copy of Galar.
We don't know that, ORAS didn't change much aside from incorporating Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion in its storyline, most of Hoenn was still the same. This could be the same case for Sinnoh and besides, remakes need to be more than just a 1:1 remake to get interests of longtime players anyway.

Or Both? We won't know until it comes out. There will be Dynamaxing with Gyms, however it won't be as big as that in Galar. Also Dynamaxing could work in it's history, such as one of Arceus's plates mentioning it being powered by Giants.

We don't know that, ORAS didn't change much aside from incorporating Mega Evolution and Primal Reversion in its storyline, most of Hoenn was still the same. This could be the same case for Sinnoh and besides, remakes need to be more than just a remake to get interests of longtime players anyway.
But, they have never destroyed the themes of the region for the sake of promoting the hot new thing. Dynamax is far more intrusive than Megas are, anyways. With Dynamax, in order to feature it the region will have to be just like Galar, a region that values big flashy battles over all else. Well, that means all the Gym Leaders will be stuck in soccer uniforms instead of giving them all unique designs.

But, they have never destroyed the themes of the region for the sake of promoting the hot new thing. Dynamax is far more intrusive than Megas are, anyways. With Dynamax, in order to feature it the region will have to be just like Galar, a region that values big flashy battles over all else. Well, that means all the Gym Leaders will be stuck in soccer uniforms instead of giving them all unique designs.
Or Dynamaxing could just not be as big of a deal in Sinnoh as it is in Galar. Again, there's nothing stopping Game Freak in making the changes to the lore of their games.

Isn't that what the Pokemon anime is known for?

I don't see Dynamaxing any different to Megas tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom