• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
red sphere
Reaction score
I like how the two halves of Sinnoh have different trees in Platinum.
Never noticed the tree thing since I don't have Platinum, but that's kind of cool!

Another world building detail I also liked were all the air vents scattered around Sinnoh that connected to the underground tunnels. I'm eager to see what the Underground would be like in a remake since there's no dual screens on the Switch (or touchscreen either if you play with the switch docked).

On a journey to become whole again.
Reaction score
I personally want the underground to be more than just a minigame this time around, I kind of want it to be the MMO area of the game. But since Nintendo decided to make their online service peer-to-peer, I don't see that happening since it would be too much for one Switch to handle.

Reaction score
I disagree. I think they're a neat world building thing, and thus should stay. It'd be really nice if some stands had bikes on them that changed every time you entered the area. Just something to make Sinnoh feel more alive and lived in.
I don't see that happening, though it would be better than to just have the stands because GF went from having roads with moving trucks in Isshu to having cars as a more decorative thing in Alola, which was sad. I'd prefer if from time to time, NPC appeared in bikes instead of just being there already.

"Stop winning!" "Make me!"
Reaction score
I have a question: why does everyone always seem to use the japanese name for Unova?

Blast Turtle
Reaction score
I don't see that happening, though it would be better than to just have the stands because GF went from having roads with moving trucks in Isshu to having cars as a more decorative thing in Alola, which was sad. I'd prefer if from time to time, NPC appeared in bikes instead of just being there already.
Wait, Einall had moving trucks? Where? All I remember are the walking NPCs in places like Volucité...

Reaction score
Okay now this is ridiculous. Every other region has a consistent name but not Unova?

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
Wait, Einall had moving trucks? Where? All I remember are the walking NPCs in places like Volucité...
Unova didn't. He probably got it confused with a fangame called Pokemon: Solar Light and Lunar Dark, which does have moving vehicles in one city. Said fangame also looks like the Unova games graphics wise and most of the music used is from the Unova games.

Reaction score
I thought Unova had moving cars in some of the overpasses or beneath a few of the bridges; just not any of the places you could walk. None of the other regions really have that "bustling city" vibe, so I don't mind it being a Unova only thing. I always just assume our characters just stay away from the roads and special routes are made just for trainers.

Edit:

Reaction score
I thought Unova had moving cars in some of the overpasses or beneath a few of the bridges; just not any of the places you could walk. None of the other regions really have that "bustling city" vibe, so I don't mind it being a Unova only thing. I always just assume our characters just stay away from the roads and special routes are made just for trainers.

Edit:
That's what I always thought too.

Reaction score
If we ever get a remake of diamond and pearl I wonder how Dawn will look.

Reaction score
I would love a 4th gen remake but ideally I would prefer Platinum over Diamond and Pearl. Of course it's almost impossible because two games sell more than one. I personally loved contests and the possibility to customize the poke balls. However, some Pokemon should be more common to hatch such as combee, munchlax and feebas. And there were only one lucario and togekiss, a big problem if you think that ditto was almost no available.

red sphere
Reaction score
If HGSS managed to include aspects from Crystal despite being Gold and Silver remakes, I don't see why a DP remake would completely ignore Platinum. The Giratina and Distortion World stuff could always be put into a Delta episode-esque postgame quest. And at the very least, I doubt we'd end up with DP's awful Pokedex because of Dexit now being a thing.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
If HGSS managed to include aspects from Crystal despite being Gold and Silver remakes, I don't see why a DP remake would completely ignore Platinum. The Giratina and Distortion World stuff could always be put into a Delta episode-esque postgame quest. And at the very least, I doubt we'd end up with DP's awful Pokedex because of Dexit now being a thing.
Yeah. Dexit being a thing makes me think that they are absolutely not going to use DP's 151 regional dex.