• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Pokemon introduced after Gen IV won't show up in this game unless they get regional variants.

Much of the merchandising already shows that a Gen 4 remake will happen. It's really only a matter of time when they reveal it.

I think that Pokemon introduced after Gen IV won't show up in this game unless they get regional variants.

Eh, a Pokemon introduced after the generation that got its remake doesn't need a regional variant to appear in a region that's older than it. This is the case for all traditional remakes released so far. Gen 3 and Gen 4 Pokemon definitely didn't receive any regional forms when HGSS came out, none of the Pokemon introduced after Gen 3 got regional forms and many of them appeared in ORAS in the wild.

Most likely, Sinnoh's regional dex is just gonna be the Platinum dex, plus Sylveon. Unless they introduce new forms or evolutions of any of the pokemon in the platinum dex.

They might stash in many other pokemon on the postgame island, tho.

Most likely, Sinnoh's regional dex is just gonna be the Platinum dex, plus Sylveon. Unless they introduce new forms or evolutions of any of the pokemon in the platinum dex.

They might stash in many other pokemon on the postgame island, tho.
They'll probably add a few other Pokemon from Gen 5 to 8, with the exclusion of the Zoroark line for obvious reasons.

what if Sinnoh shows a Shinnoh Obstagon? Normal/steel ? Normal/fighting? steel would fit with music element and blocking. Imagine evolving with metal coat.

Taking that remakes mean Megas back we may get some interesting new ones here.
Maybe something about 20 or 25,
Luxray, Drapion, the starters.

Glalie got one, maybe Frosslass(gen 4) and Slowking(gen2) will get here their too.
Maybe thats why they waited with them? Here they could add gen 2 pokemon without any problems.

They could make abilities like Telephathy and Oblivious protect from entry hazards or traps, some effects of moves and abilities. (Foresight, Instruct and so on)

Waiting to see if they give Vespiqueen and Nidoqueen will get Queenly Majesty as ability.

Nidoqueen has the same abilities as Nidoking , exact the same typing and abilities, they only use other moves and stats...
Taking that it learns ice moves and Avalanche and Ice shard are priority moves I would be happy if Queenly Majesty replaced Sheer Force. (Would be good for the blue queen not to worry about aqua jet , water shuriken , bullet punch , extreem speed and would add flavor to it's female side)

Verpiqueen should get a second and as a flying/bug it would be a needed one. Taking it's ice and rock weakness.

Last edited:
I just realized something, this is going to be the last traditional remake where the Pokemon Center and the Poke Mart are separate. Gen 4 is the last generation where the two buildings were separate.

Taking that remakes mean Megas back we may get some interesting new ones here.

A remake doesn’t mean Megas will come back. I don’t think we’ll see any Megas in the DPPt remakes considering they aren’t returning in SwSh. Pokémon will receive Gigantamax forms instead.

Last edited:
A remake doesn’t mean Megas will come back. I don’t think we’ll see any Megas in the DPPt remakes considering they aren’t returning in SwSh. Pokémon will receive Gigantamax forms instead.
Cynthia having a Gigantomax Garchomp
The Legendaries having some form of Gigantomax or special unique power connected to it. I wouldn't even be surprise if Dynamaxing is possible in the Distortion World if that and Dynamaxing are connected.

I just realized something, this is going to be the last traditional remake where the Pokemon Center and the Poke Mart are separate. Gen 4 is the last generation where the two buildings were separate.
That's most likely certain but just like ASOR had Mauville revamped, GF could decide to mix Pkcenters and Marts in a Gen. 4 remake in order to save space and give it a nod just like the small boy in Oldale's PkCenter mentions that it used to have a 2nd floor.

That's most likely certain but just like ASOR had Mauville revamped, GF could decide to mix Pkcenters and Marts in a Gen. 4 remake in order to save space and give it a nod just like the small boy in Oldale's PkCenter mentions that it used to have a 2nd floor.
Similar for the Gyms becoming stadiums and having Dynamaxing.

I'm thinking that they would only do that if they decide to put character customization into the hypothetical Sinnoh remakes.

Although, it's clear that they will most likely keep them separate, considering that ORAS didn't combine the two together.
Perhaps that was due to how early the 3D was for the series. They might do customisation in the Gen 4 Remake, you never know.

I have a feeling that the reason they didn't combine the two has nothing to do with customization, 5th gen didn't have customization either and they had a combined Center/Mart. It's probably just because they just don't know what to do with the extra space in cities if they removed the Marts, they'd either have to find something else to fill it with in every city in the game or just leave a glaring empty space in every city in the game. They probably see it as too much work and just prefer to keep the city designs the same.

I have a feeling that the reason they didn't combine the two has nothing to do with customization, 5th gen didn't have customization either and they had a combined Center/Mart. It's probably just because they just don't know what to do with the extra space in cities if they removed the Marts, they'd either have to find something else to fill it with in every city in the game or just leave a glaring empty space in every city in the game. They probably see it as too much work and just prefer to keep the city designs the same.
They could fill it with something like a bookshop or saloon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom