• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any spots in the Sinnoh region where Max Raid battles can take place in? Just curious, I feel like Mt. Coronet is a no brainer.

Edit: Also, I don't think anything in the lore of Megas has shown that the stones can be flung far by the Ultimate Weapon.

You're being awfully pedantic here. I won't rule out the introduction of a new stadium where you can Dyna/GigantaMax but these features so geographically specific that I don't think it would work if shoehorned in into every gym in Sinnoh.

You're being awfully pedantic here. I won't rule out the introduction of a new stadium where you can Dyna/GigantaMax but these features so geographically specific that I don't think it would work if shoehorned in into every gym in Sinnoh.
Also, the cultures of Galar and Sinnoh clash a lot. I don't think that Dynamaxing would fit in Sinnoh very well.

Also, the cultures of Galar and Sinnoh clash a lot. I don't think that Dynamaxing would fit in Sinnoh very well.

I don't think Dynamax will be in Sinnoh, I'm sorry that I didn't make that clear. What I was trying to say is that the same thing that justifies Megas in Hoenn and potential Sinnoh remakes can also be used to justify Dyanamx being in Sinnoh, before going off on a tangent.

At any rate, I don't think we'll see any gimmicks beyond regional variants in Sinnoh remakes, if they happen.

• Vs Seeker returns (Thank Arceus!)
I miss this so much. It was probably my favorite thing introduced in Firered and Leafgreen and it's a shame it hasn't been in a pokemon game since Platinum.

They talk of leveling options and ease of access into competitive nowadays, but don't bring back something so useful for both.

If Sinnoh Remakes are a part of Gen 8, these are the Gigantamax forms I expect to see:
Starters
Luxray
Drifblim
Bronzong
Hippowdon
Drapion
Staraptor
Garchomp

If Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing becomes part of the Sinnoh remake, then I want to see them make a connection or at least a nod toward the "defeated giants" statement.

I hope the characters become just as expressive as in SwSh, and that we get to see new ways to play with our Pokemon. Those are probably my favorite things about Gen 8 so far. Imagine contests with more expressive monsters and humans, it'd be great.

If Sinnoh Remakes are a part of Gen 8, these are the Gigantamax forms I expect to see:

Drifblim

Just curious why Drifblim, of all Pokemon, is included on that list. I understand the rest are Volkner/E4/Cynthia's aces, and maybe Barry can use Staraptor if not a starter or something, but why Drifblim? That one seems like the most random one on this list.

Also, if Dynamax/Gigantamax did make it into a remake I'd rather they give Gigantamax forms to all the gym leaders' aces too. Since they did it for most of the SWSH gym leaders, I'd prefer they also did it for the Sinnoh leaders too, since G-max forms get special moves that may make some of the fights a bit more interesting. they're cooler than boring dynamax is

I don't know how transportable Dynamax is, but it might not be transportable. I can't see them turning the Sinnoh League into a copy of the Galar League.

I don't think they need to make the gyms into Galar style Stadiums for Dynamax, they just need to make the gyms bigger, and seeing as they'd need to rebuild the locations from scratch to get up to Switch standard I don't see this being an issue.

I replayed Omega Ruby just prior to the release of Sword and Shield and to be honest I'd forgotten how much they did to shoe horn in Mega Evolution - a mechanic that wasn't locked to specific locations so could have been added with a simple "here's a keystone and mega stone, they're all the rage in Kalos these days" NPC line.

If Diamond and Pearl remakes do follow Sword and Shield (or even a possible third version/direct sequel) I think it'd be a safer bet that they'd include dynamaxing than not include it.

Galactic could smuggle Dynamax into Sinnoh.
Dynamax cannot be "smuggled" anywhere though; it’s location dependent and there's even a gym that cannot use Dynamax in Galar itself.
I don't think they need to make the gyms into Galar style Stadiums for Dynamax, they just need to make the gyms bigger, and seeing as they'd need to rebuild the locations from scratch to get up to Switch standard I don't see this being an issue.
The gyms were specifically built around Power Spots in Galar- it’s way to convoluted for all Sinnoh gyms to coincidentally have power spots...

Mega Evolution in Hoenn had a believable explanation imo.

I really hope Dynamax won't pop up in Shinnoh. Good god what a terrible mechanic. Also, as PkmnTrainerV already mentioned, it's heavily dependent on being in a correct location. Mega evolutions would be much more suitable (even though they probably won't happen). I also think some of you are overestimating the possibility of regional variants in Shinnoh. If they want to patch up the terrible selection of fire types they can just make Numel/Slugma line obtainable and put Magby/Houndour on some early route.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom