• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
they could pull a rainbow rocket thing too, uhhh.... team galactic ends up causing sinnoh to merge with another version of sinnoh,u hhhh thats all i can think off!

I still want Primal Dialga(A nice nod to mystery Dungeon)

This isn't particularly likely, since "Primal Dialga" is just a translation that didn't age well. In the original Japanese, it is called "Dark Dialga." Whereas the "Primal" in "Primal Reversion" is an accurate translation of what's already in the Japanese name of that mechanic.

Contextually, the "Primal" in PR is meant more in the sense of ancient times, like the "primordial sea." Whereas the translation from "Dark Dialga" to "Primal Dialga" is meant to connote that Dialga has been reduced to acting upon its basest, most primal instincts.

Origin Dialga and Origin Palkia is a better idea for a form change than Primal Dialga and Primal Palkia anyways as the Origin forms wouldn't be just recolorations of the original.

It makes more sense lore wise too. Kyogre and Groudon are embodiments of pure elemental forces constantly in conflict, which can be sent back to their most ancient, primal form. Time and Space, however, have no reason to be primal as they are eternal and have always been as they are, excelt when the form does not suit the situation, such as changing from their origin forms to the forms we recognize upon leaving their home dimensions and entering the material plane.

However, I believe that they don't because time and space actually exist in our world. Oh, and it's also not very marketable because it would only switch their offensive and defensive stats.
I don't think it would make any notable changes, especially considering that Dialga's Attack and Defense are the same. It's just not marketable at all.
For all you know Dialga and Palkia’s origin forms give them boosts or min-maxed stats due to the heightened degrees and control they have of time and space their own dimensions compared to our own world. There, I created an excuse for a flashy form in less than 10 seconds. GameFreak have much more time.

Origin doesn’t necessarily mean “switch the offence and defence”. We literally have only one precedent. The only thing static in origin is: from the original dimension of the Pokemon.

And on the topic of the highest BST, I don’t think Eternamax Eternatus should be included in the race or compared to Arceus since we can’t access it anyway.

It won't be as marketable as Gigantamax Forms.
You literally have no way of comparing it. And GameFreak doesn’t even allow Galar’s own box legends to access such flashy forms and they clearly considered them marketable enough.

The general public doesn’t care about Gigantamax or Origin as long as it looks flashy and cool.

You literally have no way of comparing it. And GameFreak doesn’t even allow Galar’s own box legends to access such flashy forms and they clearly considered them marketable enough.

The general public doesn’t care about Gigantamax or Origin as long as it looks flashy and cool.

The flashy forms are basically the Crowned versions.

They’re not that flashy. Certainly less “flashy” than Gigantamax, Origin or Primal forms.

And yet they are their equivalent.

And their 'special moves' are definitely flashy.

I don't think we'll get new mega evolutions. I know that Sw/Sh explicitly states that gigantamaxing/dynamax can only occur in Galar but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to retcon it into D/P remakes and introduce 20 more

I don't think we'll get new mega evolutions. I know that Sw/Sh explicitly states that gigantamaxing/dynamax can only occur in Galar but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they find a way to retcon it into D/P remakes and introduce 20 more
Don't interrupt my misguided fantasies with your logic.

In December 2017, there was an increase of Gen 1 merchandising to build up hype to promote Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee for 2018. And from what I've heard of some sources (Pokeshopper) that in December 2019, there will be an increase of Gen 4 merchandising to no doubtingly promote the Gen 4 Remake in 2020.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtfWGpP6eMw

According to this video, Silphsceptre explains that there might be a reason to why they cut half the Pokemon in Sword and Shield. It could be trying to repeat the formula to what they did with Gen 3...

2002 - Ruby and Sapphire (Half of the Pokemon were missing)
2004 - FireRed/LeafGreen (The other half came back)
2005 - Emerald (All the Pokemon were present including new features)

And if that's the case, and with GF forced by TPCi to make Pokemon games every year...

2019 - Sword and Shield (Half the Pokemon were missing)
2020 - Diamond and Pearl Remake (The other half will come back)
2021 (25th Anniversary) - Sword and Shield Sequal (All the Pokemon present including new features and fixes)
2022 - Gen 9

Last edited:
It makes more sense lore wise too. Kyogre and Groudon are embodiments of pure elemental forces constantly in conflict, which can be sent back to their most ancient, primal form. Time and Space, however, have no reason to be primal as they are eternal and have always been as they are, excelt when the form does not suit the situation, such as changing from their origin forms to the forms we recognize upon leaving their home dimensions and entering the material plane.
Okay I'm irritated because I had some stuff to add to this but forgot it. It was really cool but now I can't post it, this leaving this incomplete.

I don’t get the logic of saying that Dynamaxing is exclusive to Galar and intricately link it there when they’re going to uproot that right in the next game.

It’s a pity since Mega Evolution fits so much better in Sinnoh...
If the Gen 3 Remake was made in Gen 5 and Gen 4 Remake in Gen 6, then yeah, that might work. But it's a business practice from TPCi, and they're the ones who have the last say, not GF.

If there’s a remake where there’s the tiniest chance of the regional gimmick being changed, it’s Sinnoh since we know for a fact that they won’t be compatible with SwSh- unless they reverse Dexit which it would be pretty early to do seeing how obstinate GameFreak are on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom