• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is one fact, a Let's Go game will not be next, they already said that they don't have plans for one at the moment. Even if it's a remake, it will take more than 2 years to develop it. So I can see some sort of extended version happening this Gen if they don't take breaks until they start getting ready for Gen 9. It's not that hard to realize that focused marketing predicts game releases, it's a fact whether you want to admit it or not. We already saw that with how Pikachu and Eevee were the focus on marketing after Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, which eventually lead to LGPE.
And Meowth that the player's mom had in SM/USUM. The player's mom in SwSh has a Munchlax, plus the merchandising for Sinnoh coming December 2019.

They probably won't take a break for an extended version for Sword and Shield, since it would come out on the 25th Anniversary of the Pokemon series. Unless they want to break patterns even further with a Gen 9 game, since TPCI had become this greedy.

Last edited:
Does it seem strange that there is no third version that matches the theme to what the legendaries are suppose to represent?

Zacian = Cyan
Zamazenta = Magenta
??? (Zallow?)= Yellow?

Or if we want to go further...

Zacian = Dialga (Cyan)
Zamazenta = Palkia (Magenta)
Yellow Third Pokemon = Giratina (Yellow)

Perhaps this third missing Legendary would be the main focus for the Sword and Shield sequal, and why it was banished similarly to how Giratina was banished.

Last edited:
Also they never said anything about the National Dex will never come back.
They never said the National Dex would never come back, you're just being negative because you're always negative and will act as such no matter how much we prove your negative opinions wrong.
They said that having a smaller 'dex will be a policy change that will continue on for the foreseeable future which heavily implies that future games will not have all Pokemon available. They never outright stated that the National Dex will never come back, but there's a strong argument to make that it won't.

They said that having a smaller 'dex will be a policy change that will continue on for the foreseeable future which heavily implies that future games will not have all Pokemon available. They never outright stated that the National Dex will never come back, but there's a strong argument to make that it won't.
It's a well known fact that I am nothing if not defiant and will use this loophole every year until it comes true.

It's the same logic as when they did literally that exact same thing with Mega Evolution:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Agreed.

In Gen 6, Mega Evolution was exclusive to Kalos. But when ORAS was released, it stated the origin of Mega Evolution started in Hoenn.

In Gen 8, it's the same thing. They say Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing is exclusive to Galar. But with the Gen 4 Remake coming next year, it would probably state the origin of the Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing phenomenon. Perhaps having something connected to Giratina as one Youtube video speculated.

Last edited:
They could say Dialga and Palkia are permanent Dynamaxed Pokemon because of their size stated by the Pokedex.
Arceus may have it's own Gigantamax Form with a very special G-Max attack based on Judgement. With the same for Dialga, Palkia and Giratina

Getting Dynamax into Sinnoh is easy. Just say a second meteor thing crashed there and now there are power spors. Boom, easy peasy.

Kind of like how Megas are easy too. Mega Stones are stones charged with infinity energy or whatever. Infinity energy is literally everywhere. Besides, it can't be exclusive to Kalos. Unlike Dynamax, whoch requires specific spots, Megas are activated by specific stones that you can carry everywhere. Megas are portable.

Getting Dynamax into Sinnoh is easy. Just say a second meteor thing crashed there and now there are power spors. Boom, easy peasy.

Kind of like how Megas are easy too. Mega Stones are stones charged with infinity energy or whatever. Infinity energy is literally everywhere. Besides, it can't be exclusive to Kalos. Unlike Dynamax, whoch requires specific spots, Megas are activated by specific stones that you can carry everywhere. Megas are portable.
One person said Dynamaxing/Gigantamaxing came from Giratina. Not just Eternatus (Eternatus might not be the third Legendary since it's color does not match the colors of Cyan and Magenta.)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN5Ypc08IZg

To be honest, Dynamax and Gigantamax just don't give ofd a very "Giritina" Vibe to me. When I think about it, Rayquaza gave off a vibe that just said "Mega me." Giritina is like "Yeah, if I was in the game I'd be able to Dynamax but it's not intrinsically connected to me in any way."

Of course, Game Freak doesn't care about my feelings or vibes so it doesn't matter.

To be honest, Dynamax and Gigantamax just don't give ofd a very "Giritina" Vibe to me. When I think about it, Rayquaza gave off a vibe that just said "Mega me." Giritina is like "Yeah, if I was in the game I'd be able to Dynamax but it's not intrinsically connected to me in any way."

Of course, Game Freak doesn't care about my feelings or vibes so it doesn't matter.
Giratina created Dynamax/Gigantamax as means to wage war against Arceus, with one pokemon leading the charge Giratina also created called Eternatus. Whilst Arceus then banished Giratina in the Distortion World, it also banished Eternatus into space by sealing it in a meteorite, which then crashed into Galar centuries later.

But that remains to be seen until Gen 4's remake comes out next year.

I don't know. That sounds just a bit to biblical for Pokemon. And yes, I realize that Arceus is kind of like the big G but he was never intended to be the biblical god of the pokemon world. At least, I don't think so.

I don't know. That sounds just a bit to biblical for Pokemon. And yes, I realize that Arceus is kind of like the big G but he was never intended to be the biblical god of the pokemon world. At least, I don't think so.
Arceus is based on the creation God of the Shinto Religion (Pokemon is Japanese after all), but anything can go.

Now that's a whoooooole lot of reaching and headcanon-ing I see here.

Best case scenario: we get new Megas and some new Gigantamaxes but less cause we've had like 20 or so now and we haven't had new Megas for like 2 gens.

Worst case scenario: We only get Dynamax and Gigantamax.

That said, I still think/expect more of another Ultra Beast-ish plot. Dialga, Palkia and Giratina each have a different form in their own dimensions that might or might not be fully 100 percent Pokémon. Add to that there's still 1 Type: Null left and the research for it was done in Sinnoh and it being made for Ultra Beasts (The one in Galar is apparently a whole new created one) and you got a nice premise to go on with.

Also, I think Gigantamax in Sinnoh would make too much of an overhaul for GF to do it. They will be needing an area akin to Wild Area to distribute them and entire Gyms and other places need to be completely overhauled for Gigas. You just know the important fights will have Gigantamaxes and I doubt Spear Pillar will have a natural Gigantamax factor energy going on. I feel putting Gigantamax into Sinnoh would be a bigger asspull than Megas in Hoenn (And even that is arguable since Megas are just seperate stones packed with energy. As long as the stones are present, you can just leave ambiguous how they came to be).

would You like to get all fossils pokemon from all generations even 5, 6 and 8 in it?
I think that should be now possible and would be actually cool to have Tyrantrum there too with
Jaw Lock (here they could change its type to rock or dragon type if something or maybe they thought about mightyhyena but 3 dark biting moves its a little... Crunch already could have been steel or dragon).
For me it was weird that we didn't get its fossils in Galar and that new move with it actually.
Ass extra fossils after You beat Roark of course.

Corsola, Farfethc'd and Linoone get new evolutions here too, would be possible and cool.
Actually if Corsola was a ghost in Galar here it could become rock/poison, that type combination is possible with toxic Corals. They could make it get Corrosion and Banneful Buncker.

Last edited:
The Ultra Beast lore makes too much sense in Sinnoh compared to the Dynamax/Gigantamax thing, but they attached “warping space/time” to Eternatus’ bio... At this point I don’t really know for certain what happens- I just hope it isn’t handwaved meh explanation for Gigantamax to be in Sinnoh and coincidentally have most of the power spots be in gyms.

The mega evolutions explanation with Rayquaza felt quite organic: I think it would be a bit too forced if every Gym in Sinnoh was somehow home to a Power Spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom