• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look up a map of Sinnoh to get a good idea of possibilities for a wild area type space and I actually think converting the Pal Park is the most likely possibility if a Wild Area is added.

sketch-1577516133787.png

It seems to me that the area around the Pal Park is the biggest area of unused space on the map. Also if memory serves route 221 is basically just a corridor to the Pal Park so could be included in the Sinnoh Wild area and the map could be expanded further south if more space is needed.

There are at least 4 easy points to connect it to other places (which is one more than the Galar wild area) and could be accessed early in the game.

I don't think Sinnoh nessesarily needs a Wild Area added but the online aspect of the Galar wild area is the main thing thats still got me playing Shield at this point so I can see the logic in including one.

I don't want an Wild Area in Sinnoh. The Sinnoh region has quite some places where newer (after Gen. IV) Pkmn can be added if they wish to do so. The wild Area is just a place to dump Pkmn and put weather effects to say that it's "dynamic".

Because of the way that Sinnoh is designed, I don't think there's anywhere other than either Mt. Coronet or the Underground that could be reworked to simulate that effect. The Underground, by virtue of being in its own "dimension," if you will, would have the advantage of not disrupting the existing layout of the main region, meaning they wouldn't really have to change much of the actual region (and as it stands, the Underground in DPP looks extremely drab and boring, so could probably do with a makeover), and it already shares some mechanical synergy with the Wild Area (they're both multiplayer hubs, plus you have spheres = watts, secret bases = camp, digging for fossils and burying spheres and such = looking for hidden items all over as well as the Digging Duo).

On the other hand, Mt. Coronet is a nexus that links multiple locations from various points in the game progression (Jubilife, Oreburgh, Eterna, Hearthome, Celestic, Route 216, Spear Pillar). Turning the interior into an open-world design could be a solution to making it less of an HM hellscape, with strong Pokémon and simple NPC barriers preventing players from taking one of those exits too early instead. But at the same time, Mt. Coronet is basically just a big cave. The Wild Area at least tried to offer a couple of different environments, even if none of them were very exotic. I'm not sure the interior look and landscape of Mt. Coronet could be significantly diversified in an organic way, whereas the Underground gives them a lot more room (both conceptual and physical) to work with.
I agree with this. I don't think think a Wild Area is actually needed in Sinnoh, in fact I'd rather they make sure they actually manage to include all of the original games' content this time rather than looking for new stuff to add that isn't really necessary, but if they do decide to create a Wild Area, I hope it'll be an overhauled Underground. Considering the reasons you've listed, it actually sounds like it might work pretty well and make the Underground a more interesting area. On the other hand, I genuinely hope they don't turn Mt. Coronet into a Wild Area, I feel like this would take away what makes it such a special location: the challenge of navigating through it, using HMs to advance (yes, I am aware HMs aren't exactly popular here and would probably be replaced with some other feature à la PokéRide anyway), the maze-like structure and the atmosphere that came with it, and also its significance as the place where the climax of the games' story takes place. It just doesn't sound like it would fit very well.

Last edited:
On the other hand, I genuinely hope they don't turn Mt. Coronet into a Wild Area, I feel like this would take away what makes it such a special location: the challenge of navigating through it, using HMs to advance (yes, I am aware HMs aren't exactly popular here and would probably be replaced with some other feature à la PokéRide anyway), the maze-like structure and the atmosphere that came with it, and also its significance as the place where the climax of the games' story takes place. It just doesn't sound like it would fit very well.

I agree but I have no issues with HMS being replaced since in SM the PokéRides had to be earned anyway. I'm not sure about how LGPE or SwSh did it though.

Despite being completely sick of Rotom Dex and Phone, I wouldn't be shocked (depending on how it's made) to see a change in storyline so that Charon never joined TGalactic and instead further researched Rotom, having created a machine that allows to substitute HM's by having Rotom power it or being widn or solar-powered due to a collaboration with Valley Windwork and/or Sunnyshore.
Rotom is a Gen. IV Pkmn and I think that just keeping nowadays what we got in DPPt would be very, very little. We had the Rotom key, the lift in HGSS, so it's time to move on (I think of this like in ASOR there was a boy in a PkCenter saying that 10 years ago it has two stories). because it's not a secret anymore. Charon and Rotom deserve a proper development in their debut games/region/generation.

As for the Undergroung, I'll recover some suggestion that I made way back: let's have a Rotom train (back then I was thinking of having an actual new form like a Ghost train due to Rotom's naughty smile). We could also have a mine car as a faster transportation method and to explore new areas (either underground or that would lead to new islands or spots)...let's take advantage of Roark's mining role.

My idea for the HM replacement is a kit for the player character to use. I mean come on, PC's were always treated as vehicles for Pokemon inside the Poke Ball, how about having them do the work of removing obstacles? We clearly see that humans in the Pokemon World are capable of so much more. Plus, having an adventuring kit fits with the traditional ways that the Sinnoh region is themed after.

My idea for the HM replacement is a kit for the player character to use. I mean come on, PC's were always treated as vehicles for Pokemon inside the Poke Ball, how about having them do the work of removing obstacles? We clearly see that humans in the Pokemon World are capable of so much more. Plus, having an adventuring kit fits with the traditional ways that the Sinnoh region is themed after.
Hopefully this never, ever happens. The theme of the franchise is, and has always been, getting to explore the world thanks to your Pokemon, so replacing them with some random man-made items is a slap in the face and an insult to the theme of the franchise. I'd like the concept of Secret Techniques to be expanded upon and become more like field abiities for every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just a select few, including the ability to smash rocks, scale cliffs, climb waterfalls and clear fog, but without taking up moveslots.

Hopefully this never, ever happens. The theme of the franchise is, and has always been, getting to explore the world thanks to your Pokemon, so replacing them with some random man-made items is a slap in the face and an insult to the theme of the franchise.
Not only has the player been able to explore the world without the use of their Pokémon already through bikes and ride Pokémon, I wouldn’t say giving the player a way of traversing the world without using their Pokémon is an insult to the theme of the franchise. It doesn’t change the fact that you still use your Pokémon, just not for cutting down trees and the like.

Not only has the player been able to explore the world without the use of their Pokémon already through bikes and ride Pokémon, I wouldn’t say giving the player a way of traversing the world without using their Pokémon is an insult to the theme of the franchise. It doesn’t change the fact that you still use your Pokémon, just not for cutting down trees and the like.
This. Also, I feel that a bigger insult is not allowing you to use a team you will actually like. Seriously, when HMs were around you were forced to have certain Pokémon just to make HM slaves, which I find terribly annoying. Seriously, why aren't you allowed to use, say, a Fire mono-type team? Or one where you're not forced to have the plain early bird? Thanks to HMs, I ended up playing Gen I-VI only using my starter, because I felt that limited.

This. Also, I feel that a bigger insult is not allowing you to use a team you will actually like. Seriously, when HMs were around you were forced to have certain Pokémon just to make HM slaves, which I find terribly annoying. Seriously, why aren't you allowed to use, say, a Fire mono-type team? Or one where you're not forced to have the plain early bird? Thanks to HMs, I ended up playing Gen I-VI only using my starter, because I felt that limited.
Thankfully, 5 and 6 toned down HM usage due to complaints about DP's overuse of them.

So, slightly unrelated, but I was curious so I looked up what Megas each Champion could have.

Lance could have a mega Charizard, Gyarados, or Aerodactyl and he'd probably have a mega charizard because, well, Game Freak.

We already know Steven has a mega metagross.

Going off his Delta Episode rematch, Wallace would have a Mega Gyarados.

Cynthia has a Mega Garchomp, no question.

Alder can't Mega any lf his Pokemon though it would be interesting to see a Mega Volcorana (fun fact about me: when I was young I hought Volcorana was a legendary).

Mega Aggron though she would have aMega Haxorous if it existed.

Diantha has a Mega Gardovoir. We know this.

And Leon would have a mega charizard. Duh.
And yet already, people are forgetting the existance of Galar for being the most hated region.

I agree with @Camille somewhat in that why use your own tools when you can use pokemon? This is not batman... I would always opt for more ways to interact with pokemon.

I agree with @Camille somewhat in that why use your own tools when you can use pokemon? This is not batman... I would always opt for more ways to interact with pokemon.
I’m not opposed to using your own Pokémon, in fact I would prefer that to tools. However, I don’t think it’s a slap in the face of the franchise if we can’t use our own Pokémon to overcome obstacles.

I’m not opposed to using your own Pokémon, in fact I would prefer that to tools. However, I don’t think it’s a slap in the face of the franchise if we can’t use our own Pokémon to overcome obstacles.
Didn't I suggest once a system that was like Poké Ride, but it allowed you to use generic Pokémon in case you don't have or don't want to use a "correct" Pokémon? Because that would be a nice solution. You can use your own Pokémon and the people that don't want a Pidgey can still Fly.

It doesn't even have to be your own pokemon, ride pokemon is fine. Well, I wouldn't say it's a slap in the face, more like going against the principles of the franchise I guess but well, with dexit, nothing is sacred anymore!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom