• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is, there are clearly humans in the Pokemon world with psychic capabilities. It shouldn't come to a surprise that humans in the Pokemon world are more capable than we think they are.

Last edited:
I can think of several examples of humans that are physically capable, some even so capable as to battle Pokemon themselves.

Exhibit A: Hala running straight at Buzzwole, with no Pokemon ready to beat the crap out of it.

Exhibit B: Whatever the heck Brycen (I think it was Brycen) was doing in Pokemon Generations.

Exhibit C: Guzma holding RR Grunts at arms length.

I can think of several examples of humans that are physically capable, some even so capable as to battle Pokemon themselves.

Exhibit A: Hala running straight at Buzzwole, with no Pokemon ready to beat the crap out of it.

Exhibit B: Whatever the heck Brycen (I think it was Brycen) was doing in Pokemon Generations.

Exhibit C: Guzma holding RR Grunts at arms length.
Aren't you forgetting Chuck in GSC? He lifted a Strength boulder with ease and threw it.

Let's not forget that Drayden wrestled with his Pokemon to train them and that Kukui allowed starter Pokemon to attack him on purpose and still survived unscathed.
Not only starter Pokémon since we hear him wrestling with Rockruff (a scene I can't forget due to the awkward dialogue). This makes me think that he's stronger than we think, or the hospital bills are pretty high for him.

At worst? I’d say a C- fits the region perfectly, design-wise that is.

Design wise I love Galar - being from the UK there are so many little touches in the design of the region that make it "feel like home" to me. I know a lot of people don't like the lack of cave routes but frankly they have always been on of my least favourite parts of the Pokémon games in general so I don't miss them.

While I don't think that Sword and Shield will be my favourite games I think Galar could be my favourite region.

As for the Pokémon Ride discussion, I don’t really like the human-using-tools idea. I’d rather use my own Pokémon without it taking up a move slot, with a rental being available if you don’t have a suitable Pokémon.

Design wise I love Galar - being from the UK there are so many little touches in the design of the region that make it "feel like home" to me. I know a lot of people don't like the lack of cave routes but frankly they have always been on of my least favourite parts of the Pokémon games in general so I don't miss them.

While I don't think that Sword and Shield will be my favourite games I think Galar could be my favourite region.
I still feel like Galar is very lacking compared with the other Regions.

How is this still valid even when HMs are not a requirement anymore?
GF did say that they take features out so that later on, they would surprise people when they bring them back. They gave one example being the bike... really? The bike? That was last seen in Gen 6, there's nothing surprising about bringing back a ride mechanic, just as much as bringing back Gyms. It's about as surprising as going to the toilet. If they really want to surprise people, GF would have to do something far more impacting than just bringing back the bike?

Didn't I suggest once a system that was like Poké Ride, but it allowed you to use generic Pokémon in case you don't have or don't want to use a "correct" Pokémon? Because that would be a nice solution. You can use your own Pokémon and the people that don't want a Pidgey can still Fly.

I mean, when you boil it down, this is still just Poké Ride in terms of function. The only difference would be an additional sentence of dialogue somewhere saying "btw if you have a Mudsdale, it's actually your Mudsdale!", although there's really nothing stopping players from imagining that on their own already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom