• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah that rumor had alot of similar Hoenn stuff
I highly doubt that Dialga and Palkia are going to be the Groudon and Kyogre of Sinnoh. It made sense for the Hoenn legendaries to get Primal forms because of how Earth pressure isn't consistent and the water waves aren't always strong. Whereas the flow of time never changes and space has always been infinite, so Primal forms don't make sense with Dialga and Palkia.

I highly doubt that Dialga and Palkia are going to be the Groudon and Kyogre of Sinnoh. It made sense for the Hoenn legendaries to get Primal forms because of how Earth pressure isn't consistent and the water waves aren't always strong. Whereas the flow of time never changes and space has always been infinite, so Primal forms don't make sense with Dialga and Palkia.
yeah thinking back Alpha and Omega make sense for them because beginnings and endings happen with Kyorgre and Groudon for that region. Creation and destruction seem to usually be about water and magma(fire).
Do you have proposals for the Remake Titles of Diamond and Pearl?

yeah thinking back Alpha and Omega make sense for them because beginnings and endings happen with Kyorgre and Groudon for that region. Creation and destruction seem to usually be about water and magma(fire).
Do you have proposals for the Remake Titles of Diamond and Pearl?
Some could be:

Adamant Diamond and Lustrous Pearl

Temporal Diamond and Spatial Pearl

Eternity Diamond and Infinity Pearl

Last edited:
And besides, they don’t repeat exclusive form names/mechanics for Legendaries. Groudon/Kyogre are the only Primals, Necrozma's the only Ultra Burst, Eternatus is the only Eternamax, Zacian/Zamazenta are the only "Crowns" so far. Even Rayquaza is a Mega but different from conventional Megas

They may even be reskins of other mechanics (Megas [kinda] for Groudon/Kyogre and Dynamax for Eternatus) but they do have distinct names.

It just depends on the mechanics brought into Sinnoh- which isn’t guaranteed to be Dynamax now since GameFreak are now more disposable and selective with them. We went from Megas > Megas> Z-Moves and Megas > Z-Moves and Megas > Only Megas > Dynamax
(Order is games released from XY to SwSh including third versions and remakes + LGPE)

And even Dynamax reeks of region exclusivity (but might get a retcon if GameFreak wants it to be in Sinnoh).

These fans are obviously thinking and having expectations that the Gen 4 Remake will tie into the Gen 6 lore with the Megas,which I could see working if the remake for Gen 3 came out in Gen 5 whilst Gen 4 in Gen 6. But as it is, GF had already thrown the Megas out in favor of Dynamax/Gigantamax. This could mean that if there is an existence of a timeline, then there is now a third rather than the previous two of Original and Megas.

After the disappointment of expectations with SWSH, it's best warning those with high expectations to what we'll probably get for the Gen 4 Remake.

These fans are obviously thinking and having expectations that the Gen 4 Remake will tie into the Gen 6 lore with the Megas,which I could see working if the remake for Gen 3 came out in Gen 5 whilst Gen 4 in Gen 6. But as it is, GF had already thrown the Megas out in favor of Dynamax/Gigantamax. This could mean that if there is an existence of a timeline, then there is now a third rather than the previous two of Original and Megas.

After the disappointment of expectations with SWSH, it's best warning those with high expectations to what we'll probably get for the Gen 4 Remake.
You sure know how to bring the mood down, don't you.

These fans are obviously thinking and having expectations that the Gen 4 Remake will tie into the Gen 6 lore with the Megas
I’m assuming those fans believe that the DPPt remakes will be similar in style to the RSE remakes, with the retconning of the generational gimmick and post-game episode that ties into the third version etc, not that they will literally tie into XY.

i haven't sat here and read through all these pages but i have heard that there are rumors about the diamond and pearl remakes all ready making their rounds. I haven't looked at any of them but I did hear about Iridescent Diamond and Lustrous Pearl which I am pretty confident they wouldn't do because those seem a little complex for a kid's game. But how about Shining Pearl and Sparkling Diamond for the titles?
Where are these rumors?

I did hear about Iridescent Diamond and Lustrous Pearl which I am pretty confident they wouldn't do because those seem a little complex for a kid's game.
I don't really see how those are too complex. Long words are pretty common and the target audience isn't that young.

And if they don't know what it means they can ask their parents.

Besides, the in game dialogue and item names aren't dumbed down for the kiddies. I mean, Lustrous Orb, Griseous (the heck does that mean anyway) Orb, Admant Orb. And those are just three of em.

Griseous (the heck does that mean anyway) Orb,
From the Merriam-Webster dictionary:

Dictionary said:
Of a light color or white mottled with black or brown.
This doesn't really fit with the picture in my opinion, but then again, it is also not an orb. Curiously, I thought it meant "gray-like or gray colored" but that's because it reminds me of the Spanish word "grisáceo".

Honestly really hyped for these ones, next to hoenn, sinnoh is my second favorite region. I still remember when they were new it was my favorite fresh pokemon experience the last game for me that I didn't see on the internet before hand (ok except bw2 and hgss because I had quit pokemon around hgss release and bought it later, and I watched a black playthrough on super skarmorys channel before I decided to get back into it)

Theres alot they can do with these on the switch and I really hope they live up to it. I just wonder how they will interact with swsh if they have completely different pokedexs.

Also Calling it now, megas will be back but not dynamax, like z moves dynamax is way to region specific (even more than z moves) also they seem to like giving cynthia mega garchomp im order to make us fear her even more.

Also Calling it now, megas will be back but not dynamax, like z moves dynamax is way to region specific (even more than z moves) also they seem to like giving cynthia mega garchomp im order to make us fear her even more.
But I don't fear her Garchomp, I fear her Milotic!

I don't really see how those are too complex. Long words are pretty common and the target audience isn't that young.

And if they don't know what it means they can ask their parents.

Besides, the in game dialogue and item names aren't dumbed down for the kiddies. I mean, Lustrous Orb, Griseous (the heck does that mean anyway) Orb, Admant Orb. And those are just three of em.
The names are usually kept short, simple and/or easy on the mouth for marketing purposes, though. Complex names are more difficult to stay on people's mouths for marketing.

This could mean that if there is an existence of a timeline, then there is now a third rather than the previous two of Original and Megas.

The Rainbow Rocket episode confirmed that there are more than two timelines - each of the Team Leaders in that part are from timelines without the PCs to stop them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom