• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.
  • Please remember to keep spoilers about the new Pokemon games in their respective sections here and here.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eterna City Gym Leader
Reaction score
I just had the craziest idea, but at the same time, it's what Game Freak tends to do anyway. So, that statue depicting Dialga and Palkia fused together, what if that became a form change for them? Yes, it sounds crazy, but Game Freak has been known to dabble in Pokemon fusion themselves as was the case with Kyurem and Necrozma.
Perhaps with Eternatus with Dialga and Palkia. But also maybe Giratina as well?

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
I have developed the idea further and maybe it could have two temporary forms depending on whether it's holding the Adamant or the Lustrous Orbs.

Eyes of Ruby
Reaction score
I just had the craziest idea, but at the same time, it's what Game Freak tends to do anyway. So, that statue depicting Dialga and Palkia fused together, what if that became a form change for them? Yes, it sounds crazy, but Game Freak has been known to dabble in Pokemon fusion themselves as was the case with Kyurem and Necrozma.
I have developed the idea further and maybe it could have two temporary forms depending on whether it's holding the Adamant or the Lustrous Orbs.
Adamant and Lustrous forms or Gigantamaxing forms?
The Adamant and Lustrous forms
This seems pretty plausible. Like you said, they've done fusions in the past. Perhaps there could even be a tie-in with Dyanamx/Gigantamax (or a reskin of those mechanics) as was the case with Ultra Necrozema.

Last edited:
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't think that it won't matter much because it's only in Platinum.

Son of Aphrodite(?)
Reaction score
Dammit. I've run out of snappy quips about the battle frontier.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
The Pokedex would essentially be Platinum's with maybe a few tweaks.
That wouldn’t work with Dexit now. A lot of Pokémon will have literally no Gen 8 game they can go to if that happens.

No thanks... I just think the statues were made that way to make it ambiguous.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
That wouldn’t work with Dexit now. A lot of Pokémon will have literally no Gen 8 game they can go to if that happens.

No thanks... I just think the statues were made that way to make it ambiguous.
The plate below them is of the respective box legend. In Platinum, it's been torn off through unknown means.

Long Lost Member
Reaction score
Yeah. And they don't right now either. I honestly don't think they intend to necessarily stop that from happening, especially because it's already the case until further notice.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I myself find it extremely doubtful that these games will have every single Pokemon absent from LGPE and Sword & Shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.