Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Highly Explosive
Reaction score
I just rewatched the trailer and those are most definitely Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos.
They are so close to the actual things that I sincerely doubt they're new Pokémon.

Unless they decide to make XD01 canon and these are his weird off-spring trio.
I'm pretty certain that the voiceover said "new Pokemon" while it showed them off so I think there's still a chance that these are new Pokemon, as unlikely as that seems.

Though having those three birds be shadow variants of the regulars would be great in my opinion.

Reaction score
Why do u people want a gen 4 remake??? They will never happen! I talked to TPCI and they said no gen IV remake b/c they don’t have the technology to make a remastered Sinnoh game

Reaction score
They are so close to the actual things that I sincerely doubt they're new Pokémon.

Unless they decide to make XD01 canon and these are his weird off-spring trio.
Well, the Orre games don't contradict canon (alien names aside), so who knows if the whole thing happened?

Reaction score
We're getting new regis, not new forms of the regis. And why so hung up over the so-called Sugimori art? Why would we not get official art of the Pokemon or characters?
The artwork is a help when creating the in-game region vibe so I prefer Sugimori's. As for the Regis, you're correct, but even so, why now and in this way? We had ASOR and we'll most likely have Sinnoh remakes so to shove this content into SwSh seems like a new type of pandering...of the Hoenn type.

Here's a number I had saved just for this!
Reaction score
You sure are over the top.

I don't know what's worse, Gardenia's constant talk of game freak being greedy or your conspiracy theory-esque posts that make almost no sense.

Edit: Not, you Kyriaki, you're fine. Though you did ninja me so... I'm kidding.

Reaction score
Why do u people want a gen 4 remake??? They will never happen! I talked to TPCI and they said no gen IV remake b/c they don’t have the technology to make a remastered Sinnoh game
Yeah, i can confirm this. My uncle works at Gamefreak and he says Sinnoh is too hard to remake in current hardware. Masuda said technology needs to advance at least a 1000 years before Gen 4 is remade.

Highly Explosive
Reaction score
We had ASOR and we'll most likely have Sinnoh remakes so to shove this content into SwSh seems like a new type of pandering...of the Hoenn type.
I don't think including new Regis is Hoenn pandering. They don't have any nostalgic connection to the original RSE, there's only two of them (it's not like all new expansion pass Pokemon are related to Hoenn Pokemon), and I don't think they will be included in any sort of "REMEMBER HOENN? REMEMBER YOUR CHILDHOOD?" thing.

I think the new Regis are more of a case of GameFreak expanding on a pre-established legendary trio, similar to what they did in DPPt with Regigigas.

Here's a number I had saved just for this!
Reaction score
Besides, there's not really all that much "nostalgia" for Gen 3. We don't have "genthreeers" going around shouting about how every pokemon after gen 3 is fake and dumb.

We got our Hoenn remakes. That's it. That's all they're gonna give us.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
There appears to be no sights of Pokémon Direct on Pokémon Day. If this is the case, remakes are likely out of question for 2020.
There will just be a showcase of a new Mythical on that day. This is already been confirmed.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I don't really see how that year being the 25th anniversary makes it unlikely that we'll see any new gen 8 games. GameFreak released Sun and Moon during the 20th anniversary.
Sun and Moon is a new gen, so you actually helped my point by providing it as an example.