• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sinnoh's design is pretty much perfect, it doesn't need any significant redesigns or simplification and if they do that, it ruins what made the region great in the first place which was open design and exploration, elements

Interesting... The same thing could easily be said about RSE Hoenn, and yet I remember you (not only you) saying the water routes in Hoenn were tedious and boring and needed fixing. And yet you think all the tediously slow snowy routes and unexplorable caves of Shinnoh are almost perfect?

Personally, I think both RSE Hoenn and DPPt Shinnoh are awesome, but needed some fixing.
ORAS fixed the Hoenn water routes (Sharpedo surfing, significantly lowered encounter rate, area nav for easier navigation... etc) , and Shinnoh remakes should fix the tedious exploration of caves, etc.

Last edited:
If Sinnoh does get remakes, I hope they leave everything as it was.

I'd hate it if they simplified it. The struggle is part of the fun.

If Sinnoh does get remakes, I hope they leave everything as it was.

I'd hate it if they simplified it. The struggle is part of the fun.
Fixing and simplifying are different things. ORAS didn't simplify Hoenn's water routes, but fixed them. Gen IV remakes can do the same with Shinnoh's tedious mountain areas, especially Mt. Coronet.

And they probably will, seeing how nowadays players are impatient with similar stuff. Making the snow routes a bit easier to explore, lowering the wild Pokemon in caves could even be enough.

Last edited:
And they probably will, seeing how nowadays players are impatient with similar stuff. Making the snow routes a bit easier to explore, lowering the wild Pokemon in caves could even be enough.
Well if I'd change anything, it would definitely be the marshes. Having to spin your way out of them was rather annoying and completely put me off going into the Great Marsh.

Game Freak is increasingly wanting to diverge away from normative Pokemon games, so I don't think we'll be getting DP/P remakes. We'll probably be getting some Sinnoh comeback, of some sorts, but I think that remakes, right now, are out of the question. They are just too predictable; with the Z dilemma that is happening right now, surely remakes would keep fans "in," not surprising us at all. If they (Game Freak) want to keep things fresh and keep surprising us, they'll have to verge away from remakes, offering us something new, via a Sinnoh comeback, but in a different region, a different setting; kind of like a DLC, but something that is off the map and off the charts. So I'm thinking of a spin-off here, or something like Pokemon Go.

Game Freak is increasingly wanting to diverge away from normative Pokemon games, so I don't think we'll be getting DP/P remakes. We'll probably be getting some Sinnoh comeback, of some sorts, but I think that remakes, right now, are out of the question. They are just too predictable; with the Z dilemma that is happening right now, surely remakes would keep fans "in," not surprising us at all. If they (Game Freak) want to keep things fresh and keep surprising us, they'll have to verge away from remakes, offering us something new, via a Sinnoh comeback, but in a different region, a different setting; kind of like a DLC, but something that is off the map and off the charts. So I'm thinking of a spin-off here, or something like Pokemon Go.
B-but, I want my Mega Infernape who looks like a Super Saiyan... :(:( and I'd like a Mega Giratina and Primal Dialga and Palkia, I think their powers are cooler than the Unova Hoenn and Kalos trios... (EXCEPT Rayquaza and Mega Rayquaza, Rayquaza is boss)

GF can surprise us with a new feature and a new post game that was not existent in the original DPP, like Delta Episode was not expected for ORAS. They just need to do something new remaking the outdated games (by the time the remakes are done) and it wouldn't be predictable, like a jarring twist in the plot that didn't exist in DPP or a Shadow Chapter

You know I have to wonder if the remakes would be on NX and not 3DS. Gen 5 was on DS like Gen 4 but let's remember that 3DS did not come out till half a year after Gen 5 did. (Though thinking back I would have been cool with it being delayed and them doing it for 3DS myself) But let's say Gen 7 is out in 2017 that should be either a year after NX or the time NX is out. Also going by the fact Nintendo tends to release new handhelds before the home console makes me wonder if the fusion concept could happen. I know they said 3DS support would continue but would it continue that long to make the remakes on it? I guess I just would love to see Sinnoh in a Xenoblade style is all. What really is making me wonder something is so far remakes have skipped a system. So Gen was on GB skipped GBC and was on GBA Gen 2 was on GBC skipped GBA and the remakes were on DS. Gen 3 was on GBA skipped DS and were on 3DS. So going by the pattern it seems Gen 4 would be on the next system but that brings up a question. What about Gen 5 which were also on DS? Would we get more than one remake in a single gen? Also don't forget Gen 5 was two games so 3 remakes in gen 7?. Unless they somehow mix BW and BW2 into a single game in some crazy way.

You know I have to wonder if the remakes would be on NX and not 3DS. Gen 5 was on DS like Gen 4 but let's remember that 3DS did not come out till half a year after Gen 5 did. (Though thinking back I would have been cool with it being delayed and them doing it for 3DS myself) But let's say Gen 7 is out in 2017 that should be either a year after NX or the time NX is out. Also going by the fact Nintendo tends to release new handhelds before the home console makes me wonder if the fusion concept could happen. I know they said 3DS support would continue but would it continue that long to make the remakes on it? I guess I just would love to see Sinnoh in a Xenoblade style is all. What really is making me wonder something is so far remakes have skipped a system. So Gen was on GB skipped GBC and was on GBA Gen 2 was on GBC skipped GBA and the remakes were on DS. Gen 3 was on GBA skipped DS and were on 3DS. So going by the pattern it seems Gen 4 would be on the next system but that brings up a question. What about Gen 5 which were also on DS? Would we get more than one remake in a single gen? Also don't forget Gen 5 was two games so 3 remakes in gen 7?. Unless they somehow mix BW and BW2 into a single game in some crazy way.
Considering there's a new timeline involving Megas a new game that mixes BW with BW2 won't be that jarring. It could happen in the time between BW and BW2 in the GBA/DS timeline. Man this is as crazy as Zelda!

What really is making me wonder something is so far remakes have skipped a system. So Gen was on GB skipped GBC and was on GBA Gen 2 was on GBC skipped GBA and the remakes were on DS. Gen 3 was on GBA skipped DS and were on 3DS. So going by the pattern it seems Gen 4 would be on the next system but that brings up a question. What about Gen 5 which were also on DS? Would we get more than one remake in a single gen? Also don't forget Gen 5 was two games so 3 remakes in gen 7?. Unless they somehow mix BW and BW2 into a single game in some crazy way.
problem is though is that that is not really a pattern so much as a coincidence. for example, of course Gen I wouldn't be remade for GBC: it could already be played on one, no one really wanted a remake (yet), and the stuff from it was largely attainable in GSC and with trading between RBY and GSC. and with ORAS, of course they're not on the DS because it was a dying platform: the 3DS was already released. knowing Nintendo's notorious tardiness with developer builds for their new consoles, Gen V was still on the DS to tide over until XYORAS could be made for the 3DS.

as for how they'll handle Gen V remakes, BW2's story is bland enough to not necessitate a remake. i would be surprised if both BW and BW2 were remade honestly.

I think that they could honestly just make a brand new story within Sinnoh under the mega-universe seeing as that is what we will be in from now. Leave the old plots to the old games and bring in fresh new content but with familiar faces and setting. If they simply just paint the mega-universe coat over the old gen 4 games, I and almost everyone else will always compare the old vs new, whereas if its a new Sinnoh plot game it can stand on its own and not live in any nostalgia-blinded shadows of some fans...

Wait Pokemon has more than one timeline?
Its basically confirmed through the Delta Episode that Gens 3-5 take place in a timeline where the ultimate weapon was not used, where as XY and ORAS are in a timeline where it exists.
Its confusing really, cause XY half of the time acts like its in the NoMegaverse, where megas were recently discovered and actually have very little sightings out of Kalos, and the other half acts like it belings in the Megaverse, with the megas being a result of the ultimate weapon, but not exclusively, existing not only in Kalos but other regions as well, and having them more widespread. It doesn't help that it technically takes place alongside B2W2.
ORAS, on the other hand, is literally a parallel of RSE, just with megas and the equivalent lore. Its assumed that is what the rest of the remakes will do as well.

As for Sinnoh remakes, it entirely depends where and when gen 7 is released. If its on NX and in 2017, it will definitely be in 2019-2020 either like HGSS at the end or ORAS before the final gen 7 game. If its on the 3DS,and that would be this year I believe in this case, then we are easily looking at 2022-23 till we see a Sinnoh remake. If it even will exist.

I feel like the Sinnoh games should get a lot of Mega Evolution focus given that Rowan himself studies the evolution of Pokemon.

Although I'm not sure what's left to say about Mega Evolution...

Sinnoh remakes in the Megaverse doesn't necessitate a plot focused on megas really. Dialga/Palkia with Primal equivalents might pop up, but the plot could just lead to them, I mean by the time they come around it will be years after gen 6. The only thing connecting to Megas for me, would be Sycamore popping up alongside dawn. Not as a rival or anything, but as a researcher who has learned all he can from Rowan, gearing up to be the professor in Kalos. Also, ORAS kinda worked and kinda didn't when it came to megas in Hoenn, Rayquaza was the saving grace. It made sense that it gained powers from the prayers of the people, its the protector of the region, and that in itself is a bond.

The only way they can connect Mega Evolutions to Sinnoh and its lore is through the Lake Trio. They basically gave sentience to humankind, so it would make sense if they had connections to megas. Willpower gives trainers the power to fight, emotions to bond with their Pokemon, and knowledge to allow reseaech to discover what megas are in the first place.

Other then that, I got nothing. Dialga and Palkia are giant dragons that shaped the universe and have a pissed off brother that is in exile by Llama Jesus. There is no way you can tie up some mega lore into that without retconing the rest of the series. Megas came long after the creation of the universe, and it mankind's invention, not gods.

Megas came long after the creation of the universe, and it mankind's invention, not gods.
Now you gave me an idea for a plot:

Super religious fanatics desiring to stop Mega Evolution from spreading. They worship Arceus (they could even expand on the church from Hearthome) and see Mega Evolution as corruptible or whatever as it wasn't created by the gods. They see it as tampering with the natural order of things. And then they could include some other reasons, perhaps how it is unfair towards some trainers since not everyone has access to Mega Evolution or something like that.

The plot could remain somewhat focused on Mega Evolution, but not its mysteries, but rather people trying to stop it from happening further.

want Roark to have a Rampardos in the first gym.
Want better movesets for gym leaders, make them use all move slots and full potential with abilities and items.(for a hard level-scale)

Now you gave me an idea for a plot:

Super religious fanatics desiring to stop Mega Evolution from spreading. They worship Arceus (they could even expand on the church from Hearthome) and see Mega Evolution as corruptible or whatever as it wasn't created by the gods. They see it as tampering with the natural order of things. And then they could include some other reasons, perhaps how it is unfair towards some trainers since not everyone has access to Mega Evolution or something like that.

The plot could remain somewhat focused on Mega Evolution, but not its mysteries, but rather people trying to stop it from happening further.
I'd take it one step further: Team Galactic is very cult lile, with the head of the group for all accounts being motived by his huge messiah complex. What if the plot has a new subgroup of Team Galactic who agrees with his motives, but not his actions? Those who agree with Cyrus and the usage of mega evolution to reach god like status, while on the other side they want to actually summon god to reset the universe with them in his favor. Would make for an insane post game episode, involving Giratina which would be much like Rayquaza, the only thing that can actually stop an enraged Arceus.
Edit: Throw in help from the old Cyrus while we're at it. You travel the distortion world and end up facing the Cyrus from Platinum who is indifferent about the world and has found peace with Giratina in there. He aids you to actually capture the thing, and perhaps will give you some lore.

Last edited:
want Roark to have a Rampardos in the first gym.
Want better movesets for gym leaders, make them use all move slots and full potential with abilities and items.(for a hard level-scale)
I agree with you, but obviously for newbies the game wouldnt be super ultra hardcore. They could save the better movesets for gym rematches. But I agree that the battles with Byron, Candice, and Volkner should have all the moveslots filled with the best abilities of each Pokémon. And I'd love Volkner to reach Elite 4 levels in the rematch so he reaches Flint level (I didn't have the time to reach Volkner and Flint double battle so I don't know their levels in that battle)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom