• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections. Applications are due by November 26th.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Destroyer of Fairy, Steel and Ice types.
Reaction score
I'd like to see Primal Dialga & Palkia, and Mega Giratina Altered and Origin. Even better would be a Dark/Ghost Mega Darkrai, and Mega Cresselia Psychic/Fairy. Mega Heatran and Mega Manaphy would be awesome (Manaphy Water/Fairy (hell better just slap Fairy on everything cute :LOL:)). Mega Pixie Trio Psychic/Fairy (They gave humanity the most important qualities after all). Mega Arceus in post game would be awesome. I'm feeling like it would be too much, but hell let the world go crazy!!!!!
Most of them seem alright. I would have gone with Temporal Dialga form, Spatial Palkia form and Banished Giratina form. Alpha Arceus form would great in my opinion.

Dancing night fairy
Reaction score
Re: Sinnoh Remakes discussion

-In Amity Square, be allowed to walk and interact with all pokemons. This place can be an optional moment to briefly re experience pokemon following the trainer again.
Again, a nightmare to program in 3D.
I was thinking, probably not all pokemons, but the all the starters families (of all generations), and the ones that are allowed in Platinum. I just want to walk again with the Pokemon in 3D, and amity square is the perfect time for it, without having to program the entire game, which surely must be a nightmare xD

Reaction score
So I have some wishes for the remake:

-Important: Use the Platinum regional pokedex and maybe enhance it. The only 151 pokemon chaos is a turn off for me. Also enhance the pokedex with types, that were still rare in Platinum like Ice types or electric types.

-Better story elements. Sinnoh's story was to unbalanced. Until gym 6, nothing important that lead to the climax happened except Cyrus speaches. Explain to me, why Mars invaded the power plant and why Jupiter stole the old man's pokemon. Maybe instead Jupiter steal a pokemon, change the building into a museum with them stealing the Adamant Orb/Lustrous Orb like in the anime. Also explain more of Cyrus. Who was he? Explain more, why he wanted to destroy the universe. Not only one or two sentence.

-Region design more diverse. And that's quite important for me. Platinum fixed it slightly, but still. Detail the region like some crushed building on the mountains to add more to the old region flair, grass more detailed, more textures in caves and routes, not the same gimmick all the time etc. The region felt like the same over and over again and at the end, I enjoyed the post game area a lot more than the main part of the region.

-Use platinum teams, but with the DP E4 level curve.

-Make the underground world more interesting. Walking on long same looking paths for minutes become boring fast. Secret bases like in OR/AS

- Contest please like them in Gen 3.

-New features like OR/AS did with soaring and the dexnav.

-After the E4, you should be able to get to the distortion world. Entrance like in Platinum in the Turnback cave. Maybe a story part like the delta episode.

- Speed, speed, speed, speed, speed. Like in Gen 5 or 6. But not that slow like in Gen 4, especially like in DP.

Touch not thy cat without a glove
Reaction score
It would be nice to have remakes, in my opinion. After I started playing ORAS and XY, it's very difficult to play the older generation games because of their graphics. I know that is rather stupid and shallow, but for whatever reason, the games just don't grab my attention anymore, and I'd love to see remakes with a new look. Also, the story is just begging to be expanded upon, and overall, I'd love to see Game Freak's storytelling abilities improve overall. It would also be amazing to see the Legendaries improved as well.

Reaction score
Those are my suggestions:
-The region needs a redesign like Hoenn. Give Jubilife a Lumiose and Castelia treatment, more diversity underground and between the routes.
-Giratina and distorion world in "Shadow Episode" post-game. Cynthia has a Steven role like. It's longer and has more things to do than Delta Episode. Arceus can be catchable there too.
- Cresselia & Darkai episode, this time shorter than the Giratina-Arceus one.
-Expand and give more development to the following characters: Cynthia, Cyrus, Dawn/Lucas, Looker, Cheryl and Riley. They are popular, specially Riley, the fan girls love him. Jasmine can support you in contests like Lisia in Hoenn.
-Update pokedex
-New megas
-Battle Frontier
-Redesign the female and male main characters

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
I think Pokemon Platinum is now my favorite game - I would really like to see Diamond/Pearl remakes with elements of Platinum in it.

Also, the D/P remakes would have to have the Pokemon Platinum pokedex.

Last edited:
Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
Thinking a bit more, I do have to say I always find it odd that they gave you a key item called the Exploration Kit when it's more or less a digging kit. I think they should make it so that every time you get a badge and the respective HM, you can show them to someone to get an upgrade for it that bypasses use of HMs like so.

Cut: Hatchet
Fly: Jet Pack
Surf: Inner Tube
Strength: Wheelbarrow
Defog: Portable Fan
Rock Smash: Rock Hammer
Waterfall: Rocket thrusters for your inner tube
Rock Climb: Rock Climbng Boots.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
Thinking a bit more, I do have to say I always find it odd that they gave you a key item called the Exploration Kit when it's more or less a digging kit. I think they should make it so that every time you get a badge and the respective HM, you can show them to someone to get an upgrade for it that bypasses use of HMs like so.

Actually, my wish for the next generation, especially DP remakes, is that HM's and TM's are merged into just one move machine type. I feel sorry for all the Linoone's and Bibarel's I've caught for the sole purpose of using them for HM moves. Same goes for Sharpedo and Lapras lol

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score

They're never going to do this. HMs reinforces one of the major themes of this game which is people and Pokemon working together, and giving the player the ability to explore the overworld without them sort of defeats that purpose.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
They're never going to do this. HMs reinforces one of the major themes of this game which is people and Pokemon working together, and giving the player the ability to explore the overworld without them sort of defeats that purpose.
Needing 8 HM moves to explore a game is excessive though.

Bringing the Thunder
Reaction score
Needing 8 HM moves to explore a game is excessive though.
Most of them are actually pretty useful though. Except for Defog. Defog was a stupid idea for an HM.

I think the real problem with HMs is that you have to sacrifice a move slot to use them, if they changed the HM system so they could be used independently of your battle moveset, there'd be no problem.

!Z!

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Yeah it'd be cool if as well as moves, once you taught the move to the Pokemon, that move also became a Skill. If you want to cut the tree, smash the rock etc, you go to the Pokemon, click skill and there's its list of skills to use, even when you delete the move (no longer need the deleter) the Pokemon still keeps the Skills.

Darth Ignis
Reaction score
Most of them are actually pretty useful though. Except for Defog. Defog was a stupid idea for an HM.

I think the real problem with HMs is that you have to sacrifice a move slot to use them, if they changed the HM system so they could be used independently of your battle moveset, there'd be no problem.
And I can stop using Bibarel and Linoone simply for HM moves haha

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Having gone back to Platinum and completing it once more, I definitely cannot see them ignoring it all. Emerald had gameplay changes more then story changes, all that was added was Rayquaza coming down to stop the battle and a back and interchanging interaction between the two teams, where as platinum gave us:
Improved characterization for key characters, and backstory.
Introduced Charon and Looker.
A subplot that involved the PC duo and Barry being chosen by the pixies.
The entire Distortion World

Yes there were gamplay features added, but compared to emerald it was much more subdued. I mean, compare the two:

-The Desert Ruins
-Trainer Hill
-Match Call
-Battle Frontier
Compared to:
-A back button for the Poketech
-Battle Frontier

Platinum personally won me over despite being the same base game because of the changes made to the plot and characters, not because it offered something differentm

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
I'm not dissing it, I'm judt saying its one of the only notable features added. I would have added the WiFi plaza, but it was the progenitor to the Dream World and the PGL website. I can see however when the games come, if ever, them introducing new minigames based on the 3 minigames featured here.

Simpler times ahead
Reaction score
Every remake so far made changes to their Pokedex, obviously the Platinum dex would make it in. Especially when the changes mostly were made to accompany most of the Cross-Gen. Hell, it would be ironic considering how both HGSS and ORAS accommodated them in the pokedex.

Only 79 new Pokemon?
Reaction score
I'm not dissing it, I'm judt saying its one of the only notable features added. I would have added the WiFi plaza, but it was the progenitor to the Dream World and the PGL website. I can see however when the games come, if ever, them introducing new minigames based on the 3 minigames featured here.
I guess I just placed more weight on something I use constantly like the back button over something I never bothered with like trainer hill.