• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • The 2020 staff drive for Bulbagarden is now live! If you're interested in joining the Bulbagarden staff team (whether it be forums, social media, or more!) then you're encouraged to apply!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I do think that Sinnoh remakes will happen, but I also think that they will come out in 2023 instead.

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Regarding DP remakes... Game Freak will take opportunity to give all Eeveelutions and other Pokémon aesthetic gender differences. Like short-ear Espeon, smooth-ear Leafeon, cylindrical-hat Honchkrow among others.

Knowing GF gonna recycle scrapped elements, I could see Crobat getting scrapped gender differences back as well.

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Yeah, that one.
They would recycle those for the new mainline gender differences, knowing Game Freak's habits.

Reaction score
Yeah, that one.
They would recycle those for the new mainline gender differences, knowing Game Freak's habits.
I don't know. Unlike the Spaceworld demo that had all evidence in its favor (including some things that were confirmed later), or the RG possibly leak that kind of made sense, I don't know how trustworthy that leak is, specially considering where it came from. Doesn't help that GF-quality recreations of beta Munchlax and Weavile were already available, and that's sadly the only thing that the leak had in its favor.

EDIT: It also had a full version of the beta Charmeleon sprite that was found in the DP ROM, but still...

Reaction score
I hope they don't crank up the difficulty to insane proportions like they did for HGSS.

My first two runs with Turtwig and Piplup, Roark completely annihilated me. Fantina has also given me trouble on every playthrough.

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I hope they don't crank up the difficulty to insane proportions like they did for HGSS.

My first two runs with Turtwig and Piplup, Roark completely annihilated me. Fantina has also given me trouble on every playthrough.
Difficulty to insane proportions is not happening, seeing as all entries these days are easy.
And Roark troubles with Piplup and Turtwig? I had Chimchar and was defeated before I brought in Monferno with Mach Punch, I thought it’d be easy with other starters' SE stab without evolution. Agreed about Fantina though. But I actually liked having some challenge.

I think I peaked here tbh
Reaction score
Biggest thing I want are Sinnoh forms for Pokémon introduced after gen 4. Especially ones that weren’t in Sword and Shield. But I’ll be happy as long as the remakes don’t slap me in the face.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
I think that the Poketch will be completely removed because the Switch only has one screen.

Ace Trainer
Reaction score

Not so! The original version of Lego City Undercover for Wii U required both the TV and the Gamepad. You had to use both. However, they changed this in the ports to Playstation, Xbox, and Switch.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score

Not so! The original version of Lego City Undercover for Wii U required both the TV and the Gamepad. You had to use both. However, they changed this in the ports to Playstation, Xbox, and Switch.
I'm talking about one feature that can't work without two screens.

Reaction score
The Poketch apps weren't really necessary. As far as I remember, only the Dowsing Machine is needed. Some the apps don't serve any real purpose anyway.

Reaction score
The Poketch apps weren't really necessary. As far as I remember, only the Dowsing Machine is needed. Some the apps don't serve any real purpose anyway.
The app for knowing when there were eggs was nice as well as the berries locations. Aside from these, I can't recall any other one that was useful.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
The step counter was useful regarding egg hatching.