Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Here is another idea: how about at least, for the time being, have a virtual console of the DS on the Switch so we can download Diamond, Pearl or Platinum. I want to play one of those games (but with the current state I cannot even go grocery shopping without feeling some dread, I won't go to any videogame second-hand retail store for the time being).

That way, for those of us who haven't played those games, it might be a cool way to spend some time while we get the actual remakes and to get to know Sinnoh.

Reaction score
Problem with that is the two screen set up of the DS doesn't translate well to the single screen Switch. I know it could be done, but it adds a lot more work when compared to porting the Gameboy/Game Boy Advanced games across.

Looking for a way to be whole again.
Reaction score
Unless Nintendo does the Nintendo DS Archive for the Switch, I don't see them porting the Sinnoh games to the system unless the games are remade.

Reaction score
Okay, bear with me here, but what if, in Gen 4 remakes, fishing minigame. And I mean a real one, not just "cast line into point and wait until fish then press a and battle."
As long as it is not as annoying as Stardew Valley's, I wouldn't mind. Seriously, I needed a mod to fish there.

Highly Explosive
Reaction score
Okay, bear with me here, but what if, in Gen 4 remakes, fishing minigame. And I mean a real one, not just "cast line into point and wait until fish then press a and battle."
Hmm. A fishing minigame sounds nice as it would add some diversity to gameplay, and but I'd like it if traditional fishing (as in, you can fish wherever) was also an option.

Also, bring back shiny chain fishing. I never took advantage of it in gen 6.

Reaction score
As long as Feebas being catchable in the game isn't based on random values that you can only know by looking it up, then sure, implement the fishing minigame.

Reaction score
As long as Feebas being catchable in the game isn't based on random values that you can only know by looking it up, then sure, implement the fishing minigame.
Oh my God... I wanted to forget about that. It's one of the reasons I had to cheat to complete the Gen III Pokédex (the other is lack of events and having no one to trade with).

EDIT: And in Gen IV, too.

Reaction score
Oh my God... I wanted to forget about that. It's one of the reasons I had to cheat to complete the Gen III Pokédex (the other is lack of events).
Eh, if this is still the case, I might just breed my Milotic and then transfer the Feebas to the remakes.

Reaction score
Eh, if this is still the case, I might just breed my Milotic and then transfer the Feebas to the remakes.
Considering they removed the random tile BS in ORAS, I guess they will remove that from the Gen IV remakes, too. Specially since it was way worse in Gen IV (4 tiles instead of 6 and the lake was bigger than Route 119's river).

Kirby Fighters 2 for EVO
Reaction score
I was joking with the whole fishing minigame thing (look, I've got an obsession, sue me) but actually now I kind of want it. It would add spice and could be used to find rare pokemon maybe with the better you do the more likely you'll find a rare pokemon.

RK9

Gen V was the peak.
Reaction score
Is this a JoJo Three Houses reference?

Call of Fate
Reaction score
HMs can die in a hole. I like the suggestion someone had waaaaaay back in this thread about some of the gym leaders providing some kind of HM alternative, since a few of them seem to match up with the HM they unlock. At least it'd make more sense than a Pikachu on a flying bike or something.
Although I do understand the complaints about the HMs taking up moveslots, I hope the replacements for them will not be as insulting to the theme of the franchise as their Generation VII-VIII versions. Hopefully the Secret Techniques return, but become more similiar to field abilities and usable by every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just a select few. This will mean no wasted move/team slots, but still using Pokemon that you actually own. Also, I hope the roadblocks like trees and rocks stay in and not get replaced by NPCs.
The Moss and Ice Rocks should definitely stay, I've never seen the point of replacing their effects with the Leaf/Ice Stones in Sword/Shield.
Hopefully, Rotom's Room also stays, this time not needing an event item to unlock, instead of Rotom Catalog coming back.

Last edited:
Highly Explosive
Reaction score
The Moss and Ice Rocks should definitely stay, I've never seen the point of replacing their effects with the Leaf/Ice Stones in Sword/Shield.
It’s more convenient to just use stones rather than travel to a specific location for only one Pokémon. Also, I’d imagine with the way encounters work in gen 8, it’d be harder to battle close enough to the stone to get Eevee to evolve. I’d be fine if both methods worked, however.
Hopefully, Rotom's Room also stays, this time not needing an event item to unlock, instead of Rotom Catalog coming back.
I would much rather be able to change Rotom’s form whenever instead of having to travel to a specific room every time I wanted to do so. Though I don’t mind having both.

Reaction score
It’s more convenient to just use stones rather than travel to a specific location for only one Pokémon. Also, I’d imagine with the way encounters work in gen 8, it’d be harder to battle close enough to the stone to get Eevee to evolve. I’d be fine if both methods worked, however.
Don't forget how they left the Ice Rock in the middle of nowhere in Pokémon Black & White. In fact, in B2W2, both zone Eeveelutions were only obtainable in the post-game even though Eevee could be caught early on.

Reaction score
Fishing just isn't Sinnoh's thing, its roster is identical to Hoenn save for a few removals and the addition of Finneon. Also, the Ultra Space minigame annoyed me despite having a decent chance of something cool (a shiny or a legendary), so something with a 80% chance of being a Magikarp for sure would be more annoying.

I would be open to the idea of minigames that make the swamp or the snow easier to cross through.