• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for Rotom, I really hope they keep it tight to the forms and develop Cheren's backstory and not incude any of the Rotom Dex and the other shenanigans.
Yeah, Charon really needs something to make him interesting. You don't ever fight him, do you? He's just there being creepy. I wouldn't mind RotomDex/Phone/PC if it was tied to Charon, Team Galactic and/or the Old Chateau.

I would be open to the idea of minigames that make the swamp or the snow easier to cross through.
The Great Marsh was a cool idea, but the swampy parts easily make it my least favorite Safari Zone. I have no idea what you'd use to cross a marsh though... Like, maybe some kind of raft thing? Literally anything to make the marsh more navigable would be a step up from DPPt, in my opinion.

But a sleigh or some skis would be fun to use on the route to Snowpoint. The Skier trainer class exists, but why can't the player buy some skis too? Or at the very least, some snowshoes.

Yeah, Charon really needs something to make him interesting. You don't ever fight him, do you? He's just there being creepy. I wouldn't mind RotomDex/Phone/PC if it was tied to Charon, Team Galactic and/or the Old Chateau.
No, you don't fight him. Considering how Charon is hated by Mars, Jupiter and possibly Saturn, I wonder if they were trying to tell us something...

We also need that robot Rotom that was teased by Charon's diary.

But a sleigh or some skis would be fun to use on the route to Snowpoint. The Skier trainer class exists, but why can't the player buy some skis too? Or at the very least, some snowshoes.
That would made traversing through Route 217 bearable. Seriously, slowness + big area + hail was a bad combination in my opinion.

I'd rather ride something faster, those Mamoswine routes took forever to get through.

Much better, maybe add different speed modes like the bike.

The best solution to the HM problem is to have your Pokemon follow you and let the following Pokemon use field moves similar to Ride Abilities and Secret Techniques. That would be the most common sense solution. They're putting wild Pokemon in the overworld now (or at least I hope, with Game Freak's tendency to remove features at the drop of a hat they could easily remove that, but SwSh's balance of overworld vs. random encounters works so well that should be the standard from here on out), they have no excuse for following Pokemon to not come back permanently, and if they can implement that, they don't really have to do much more to implement field abilities.

Also, I'm in favor of keeping the Leaf/Ice Stones and Rotom Catalogue. Those changes actually trim the fat by cutting out an unnecessary trip to change forms. What they've done with HMs, in some ways isn't, they're cutting out actual field abilities altogether which is throwing the baby out with the bathwater because the field obstacles adds more variety and puzzle solving to the level design. Strength adds boulder solving puzzles. Rock Climb adds cliff mazes. Hell there's even a maze of Waterfalls in Victory Road. The level design and game itself will be worse off if they remove those things.

The best solution to the HM problem is to have your Pokemon follow you and let the following Pokemon use field moves similar to Ride Abilities and Secret Techniques. That would be the most common sense solution. They're putting wild Pokemon in the overworld now (or at least I hope, with Game Freak's tendency to remove features at the drop of a hat they could easily remove that, but SwSh's balance of overworld vs. random encounters works so well that should be the standard from here on out), they have no excuse for following Pokemon to not come back permanently, and if they can implement that, they don't really have to do much more to implement field abilities.

Also, I'm in favor of keeping the Leaf/Ice Stones and Rotom Catalogue. Those changes actually trim the fat by cutting out an unnecessary trip to change forms. What they've done with HMs, in some ways isn't, they're cutting out actual field abilities altogether which is throwing the baby out with the bathwater because the field obstacles adds more variety and puzzle solving to the level design. Strength adds boulder solving puzzles. Rock Climb adds cliff mazes. Hell there's even a maze of Waterfalls in Victory Road. The level design and game itself will be worse off if they remove those things.
Which is why I have said that they could add a middle of the road approach. Give the option to use rental Pokémon for those that don't mind or are doing challenges, and give the option to use your own Pokémon if you have someone that fits whatever situation you're in. Example: using Starmie instead of Lapras in the water, using Toucannon instead of Charizard to warp fly, etc. It doesn't have to be in the party either, since in my head you would use something like the ride pager.

I know I'll use the second option for my normal playthrough, while the second one will be reserved for my personal challenge.

Although I do understand the complaints about the HMs taking up moveslots, I hope the replacements for them will not be as insulting to the theme of the franchise as their Generation VII-VIII versions. Hopefully the Secret Techniques return, but become more similiar to field abilities and usable by every Pokemon that looks like it can use them, not just a select few. This will mean no wasted move/team slots, but still using Pokemon that you actually own. Also, I hope the roadblocks like trees and rock stay in and not get replaced by NPCs.
In addition, maybe you get a choice between using your own Pokémon or a rental Pokémon/Key Item. As an added bonus, using your own Pokémon could raise their happiness!

The Moss and Ice Rocks should definitely stay, I've never seen the point of replacing their effects with the Leaf/Ice Stones in Sword/Shield.
Hopefully, Rotom's Room also stays, this time not needing an event item to unlock, instead of Rotom Catalog coming back.
I think the problem with the Moss Rock and Icy Rock (as well as a magnetic field) was that they had to include them in every game going forward just for a few very specific evolutions, limiting the creative freedom for the environments in each region. Maybe there should be a middle-ground where those locations get retconned be evolutionary stone deposits that can be used daily. Of course, this also means that there needs to be an equivalent location for the other stones, so that might not be the most feasible thing to accomplish.

As for the Rotom thing, the only reason I think that SwSh had the catalog to begin with was because they couldn't find an approprite place to put in a Rotom room for those games. At the very least, the Rotom room deserves a last hurrah in the Sinnoh remakes due to lore reasons (provided they care enough to bring back Charon that is).

I think the problem with the Moss Rock and Icy Rock (as well as a magnetic field) was that they had to include them in every game going forward just for a few very specific evolutions, limiting the creative freedom for the environments in each region. Maybe there should be a middle-ground where those locations get retconned be evolutionary stone deposits that can be used daily. Of course, this also means that there needs to be an equivalent location for the other stones, so that might not be the most feasible thing to accomplish
I don’t see the issue with keeping both the stone and location methods. Just pick whichever is more convenient. Bam! Problem solved with no sacrifice to worldbuilding.

I don’t see the issue with keeping both the stone and location methods. Just pick whichever is more convenient. Bam! Problem solved with no sacrifice to worldbuilding.
The problem I have with this is that the Ice Stone will always be more convenient than the Ice Rock, considering they always put it almost at the end of the game, or out of the way (like what happened with BW and ORAS). Leafeon doesn't have this problem most of the time since the opposite tends to happen, but Glaceon is problematic.

Here's an idea, introduce a new generic stone item and have it transform into the Leaf Stone or the Ice Stone depending whether it's used on the Mossy Rock or the Icy Rock. There, problem solved.

Considering there were two ways to evolve Feebas in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, I suppose they'll do the same thing with Leafeon and Glaceon in the upcoming Sinnoh remakes (and remakes of gen. 5, 6 and 7 too, since they all included these locations): you'll be able to evolve them the "traditional" way, but you'll also be able to use an Ice Stone or Leaf Stone. New games that are not remakes will probably only offer the latter option.

The problem I have with this is that the Ice Stone will always be more convenient than the Ice Rock, considering they always put it almost at the end of the game, or out of the way (like what happened with BW and ORAS). Leafeon doesn't have this problem most of the time since the opposite tends to happen, but Glaceon is problematic.
I don't know why the former option even exists. It's terribly inconvenient if you're gunning for a specific eeveelution.

What’s the harm in including the former method? It feels "organic and more natural" in a world building sense and people can always pick the stone evolution. Just include both methods and use whichever suits you, feel free to ignore the other. I kinda like all Eeveelutions having unique evolution methods so it preserves that too.

- gen 2 starters in the games and both gen 2 and 4 getting their respective megas?
after so much time?

- we know only pokemon from gen 1 do 4, regional varriants and fossils from other generations via in game in built trade would be cool and if the local variants get own unique evolutions to match the Galarian ones...

would actually be cool to get aloland and galarian forms via in game trade to spice the game up a little...

the legendary dragons, Hetram and Arceus probably will get either megas or maybe acces to Gigantamax via their Orbs?

Deoxys maybe will get something to change between its forms in between battle or during it...
maybe Stance Change? would be much cooler then it is now done... maybe not a mega stone but with a pieve of meteorite?
then extreem speed or other priority move(speed form),
protect, wide guard and quick guard (defense form) ,
attack form( any attack used will transform into attack form from normal after first turn)
normal form(normal type move other then above)

- Interesting what new moves from gen 5 to 8 old pokemon could get or learn levelling up or via TM from those trainers that could trade pokemon maybe, TM masters from different regions?

Taking its the oryginal generation from Garchomp and Lucario, maybe they will get secondary mega forms like charizard in the past?
with type change even? maybe one of the starters also could get that? probably Infernape, kung fu master, monkey and the legend to the west would suggest a fire/fairy mega to match Charizards dragon mega and to make it good against Garchomp and it's megas...

Lucario... a second mega maybe could change steel for ghost typing, or embrace that aura and become fighting/fairy or fighting/ghost, both would be nice with the Aura pokemon...both would allow it to rival its other form and could make it get a new niche even...

Mega Garchomp other form would be cool if it took a oposite direction to its main form, maybe dragon/fairy, dragon/water , dragon/steel taking its a shark dragon with a star on it's head ??? a steel/dragon with higher speed as a mega would make sense and a physical attacker as oposite to Duradullon

Shaymin could get two new forms via its mega a grass/fairy land form and a grass/dragon with levitate via its sky form , then it would be much cooler in my opinion.

Maybe Bidoof got 2 new evolutions taking that Birabel is water, a normal/ice and norma/fire or norma/ground should be possible in his case...

They didnt give us new eeveelution till now but maybe expansion or remakes could change the tide still?
dragon , ghost and steel feel so possible and near

Last edited:
I don't care about dynamax being Gen8's gimmick, if any form of Gen4 games comes in this gen ( remake/sequel/Let'sGo ) i want to see mega evolution instead of dynamax. They made it very clear that Dynamax is special to Galar, let's leave it that way.

Sinnoh Dex has great Mega Pokemon;
Alakazm - Gyrados - Steelix - Heracross - Lopunny - Gengar - Medicham - Garchamp - Lucario - Abomasnow - Gardevoir - Gallade - Altaria - Houndoom - Scizor - Glalie - Absol

This region is fulled with megas, and GF can fix things like giving Froslass and Slowking their respective megas.

Also there are lots of regional variant pokemon should be added,
Ponyta - Rapidash - Mr.Mime - Raichu can be found in Sinnoh, their respective regional form should be added too.

And for a hot take, they can introduce Sinnoh forms for Gen5-7 pokemon. But i know that will never happen.

What’s the harm in including the former method? It feels "organic and more natural" in a world building sense and people can always pick the stone evolution. Just include both methods and use whichever suits you, feel free to ignore the other. I kinda like all Eeveelutions having unique evolution methods so it preserves that too.

I believe people are forgeting the grounds for Eeveelutions to exist, that is adaption to different environments, and only going by game-mechanic point of view. :rolleyes:
I also don't see the fuss about methods for futures games, namely the inclusion of Moss and Icy Rocks...as far as I know, both Leafeon and Glaceon can end up being cut due to future Dexits! :whistle:

They made it very clear that Dynamax is special to Galar, let's leave it that way.

Melmetal's Sword Dex entry: "In a distant land, there are legends about a cyclopean giant. In fact, the giant was a Melmetal that was flooded with Gigantamax energy."
So either a Gigantamax Melmetal from Galar wandered the world filled with energy or this entry just proves that it's not that clear about being exclusively. Customisation was also exclusive to Kalos until Alola came along. Mega-evolutions? Kalos? Yeah, sure, ASOR just had their myths remade due to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom